Page 347 of 460 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 4593

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 347

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm so happy to hear the procedure went well! Hopefully you won't have to do it again.

I have popping noises, especially when I put my arm on a surface to write - like the upward pressure causes the pops. I also have pain in the Deltoid muscles, sometimes radiating down into my elbow and forearm and sometimes up into my neck. The pain is actually sorta beneath my muscle. If I place my thumb and middle finger on either side of my shoulder joint and move my arm in a tennis type swing, with elbow tucked to tummy I can feel all kinds of grinding and what seems like unnatural movement in the joint. Like there is an obstruction not allowing the joint to move in a fluid manner.

Does that sound anything like what you've experienced? Who did you see? My primary care doctor is Evelin Dacker at Vida. I'm going in on the 5th for my well women exam (oh joy) and will talk to her about my shoulders then.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I had popping, grinding and catching. Pain moved around-in my shoulder, delt, down my bicep, in my shoulder blade. I, too, thought there was something wrong with the joint and/or rotator cuff. At times, moving my arm after it "caught" was excruciating.

I first saw Dr. Foulke at Salem Clinic, Inland Shores. I saw him because he had an opening the same day I called. He ordered x-rays, an ultrasound and referred me to an orthopedist. I saw Dr. Fan at Hope Orthopedics on State St.. Dr. Fan confirmed what the ultrasound tech told me was a calcium deposit. My deposit was about the size of a fingernail.

I had 2 ultrasounds. The last one was during the procedure. The ultrasounds and procedure were done at SRC- Salem Radiology Consultants on Ryan St., not far from Costco.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, have you considered egg whites as your protein source? You could eat more egg whites alone than you can whole eggs. My thinking is that since fat is satiating, if you remove the bulk of the fat and you might be able to eat more... Just a thought.

I'm planning to find a protein powder that I'm happy with and will be attempting a LR myself. Paula is having such success on it that I'd like to see if I can duplicate it. I've been really struggling to stay on track since stopping my Whole30 and I don't like it. It's like primal has just enough flexibility and freedom built into it to be dangerous for me. Hello gluten free cookies sweetened with primal approved coconut sugar... *facepalm*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks for the info, Marcadav. I don't have any catching - just popping, grinding and pain. I'll let you know if I decide to have it looked at.

Jenn...... thats precisely why I never ventured into the primalizing foods like cakes and cookies. If I'm going to have that kind of stuff I have the yucky wheat flour and table sugar stuff.... that way I only have a little because I will always have a bad reaction of some sort --- either a painful muscle reaction or a yucky tummy reaction. If I found something that had no ill effects I would eat it freely!

So............ I got an email from my ex last week that said this: "Tomi, I'm sending a large envelope with a couple items for Jonathan. You may want to hang on to them for him, its your call." ............. First - he has Jonathan's address, so why send them to me? Second - why would he think I should hold them for him? I was puzzled. So the package came today. It contained to items. A small poster that I made for one of Jonathan's talented and gifted classes - it was a parent assignment to make a poster about your child that described their personality and their best attributes. Its laminated. The other item was a book that Jonathan had written in that same class. Honestly I didn't know he had those items. But more importantly - why is he sending them to me - and why would he suggest I hold them for Jonathan? My concern is that he is ill --- maybe very ill --- and is taking care of things before he dies. Why would he send those things NOW? Why NOW? He's 67 years old - and has always had impeccable health - but, his father had prostate cancer at about this time in his life. I'm worried........... Jonathan deserves to know if his dad is dying. So -- I sent him an email and asked him flat out if he is ill. If I don't get an answer I will get his phone number from Jonathan and call him. Something just doesn't feel right.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Response from the ex came this morning, "I'm not ill. Just cleaning out a few things"

Seriously? He's just a jerk! Now I'm back in that pit of realizing I threw away 18 years of my life to a man void of feeling! UGH! I wish he would just "cease to exist" so I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore!

My weight was up again this morning - for no apparent reason other than to piss me off!

Its not a good day in my world............. I need to purge these negative feelings left from the encounter with the ex. I try to have a decent relationship with him --- ask him questions about his life - how are you? have you retired yet? You and Jenn doing any traveling? ................. I get nothing. He totally blows off my questions.

When we divorced we decided to do things amicably and stay "friends". We got a paralegal to handle the writing of the divorce decree - we didn't include any of our possessions in the decree because we knew we could divide things without argument. We went to the court house together to file the papers - the clerk looked at us like we were nuts when we handed her the divorce papers - "you're here together to get a divorce? wow, we don't see that very often!" We even spent a year in the same house after the divorce was final because we didn't want our son to be torn between 2 homes. After a while we decided to separate and I and our son would be moving to Oregon. We agreed we'd like to be able to meet for coffee and keep up on each others lives. Ya right............ I moved to Oregon, he moved to New Mexico -- and his first phone call to his son didn't come for 3 months. In fact............ if I recall........... I called HIM cuz the check didn't come one month. We never stayed friends - we never got together for coffee. And he still has no idea how to be a person and have a real relationship. He's on this 3rd marriage now -- and I pity his wife. If she's smart she'll hang in there for the money - cuz he's sorta wealthy. In fact, when he and Jenn got married he sent this note to his son, "Getting married to Jennifer, making her the beneficiary of my life insurance. We're getting married in Mexico, would love for you come". That was the entire letter. He never followed up to see if his son wanted to come or offer to buy his ticket and pay his way. He stopped calling about 3 years ago. He sends a card for his birthday and Christmas. He's come to Oregon exactly ONCE in 13 years. He's a waste of skin.

I need to shrug it off........ cuz, hey............. I'm married to the love of my life now!!! Who cares what happens to that man? I want to wish for bad things to happen to him.......... but I really don't. I wish for his happiness with his wife - and for his retirement years to be good ones. My son isn't missing anything being without him in his life. He has his stepdad to give him everything he needs from a father. We have been blessed in our new family. Life was hard --- but now its really, really good!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

EEESH............... what a rant. I would say sorry to my readers....... but hey, its my journal so I guess I'm allowed. I was actually trying to be careful what I said - I could have really gone off about it all. I tend to flow back and forth between wanting to see him miserable and alone - to hoping he's happy and healthy. Weird.

I'm feeling weird today. Really puffy............. water retention? and very gassy --- that's very no normal for me. I have had 32 oz of booch today because I didn't have any on Sunday and I was starting to have some intestinal issues. I have got to remember that I need it daily. I can't skip. Its expensive - but its better than being sick.

I got my jump rope out again. I'm trying it barefoot since I'm jumping in the house. Starting slow....... just 54 jumps, then missed and quit. I may do more when I get home tonight.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Rant away tomi. That's what journals are all about.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, I understand and relate to everything you said in your rant, except for wanting the ex miserable and alone. I refuse to waste energy on mine in any way. I have, however, said that I hope to live long enough to see karma in action.

Your son is a self sufficient adult. I see no reason why you need to have any contact with your ex. I suggest you email your son's contact info to him and tell him from now on you will not be the middle man and he should contact/send things his son directly.

Marcadav --- I've been there too - thinking I will not let what he did to me control or influence my moods or thoughts. I'm usually fine until I have some contact with him, then the pot boils again and I need to blow off some steam. Its all very complicated........... John is 14 years older than me. He dated my oldest sister when they were older teens. I've known him since I was 3 years old. Even after they broke up John stayed in touch with our family. He would usually come to visit us once a year - always in the summer. My entire life John was a man I could trust and felt safe with. He married briefly in his late 20's but quickly divorced her when he realized it was a big mistake. He called my mom one year........ found out I was now 21 and decided to ask me out...... he was 35. I had just been dumped by my now hubby........... was very vulnerable, and feeling very alone and scared. John came in and swept me off my feet -- we were married 6 months after we started seeing each other. Fast forward 18 years............ our relationship fell apart when I finally realized he really didn't want more than a woman to cook and clean for him and to provide for his sexual needs. Eighteen years of an empty relationship! I felt betrayed, I felt lied too, and I felt used and mistreated......... by the only man in my entire life that I believed I could completely trust!!!! My world fell apart. So - I still struggle with wanting to trust a man who is totally untrustworthy. My memories up until I was 21 were of a man who was kind and gentle and caring. After I married him I started to see the truth, but I chose to deny what I saw and continue to believe that he was that kind, gentle man from my childhood. By the age of 35 I started to take off the blinders. We went to counseling and did all the stuff that you're supposed to do to save a marriage - but you can't fix something when only one side wants to change. At the age of 40 I said enough is enough.............. and soon after Hubby came back into my life. 20 years after he had walked out. Perfect timing!

So - my emotions that are tied to my ex are all mixed up and confusing. I guess what I need to do is reconcile the fact that what I had thought was the truth about him was really just my own imagination.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

PrimalCon New York
    Its a beautiful morning and I'm getting my bike out of the garage!

HOLY BURRRR! It might be sunny - but it sure isn't warm! 45 degrees is maybe to cold to ride in........
    Last edited by tomi; 10-30-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.