Page 346 of 549 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 5482

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 346

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome back Tomi, I'm glad you had a great vacation.Good news on the weight too.

You missed having a blast at the ColorVibe 5k on the 12th. Both of my daughters were here and it was nice doing it with them.

My daughter in San Diego interviewed for and got a job, while she was here, with the Dept of Human Services. She and her fiance are on the road, driving up, as I type. I'm thrilled.

I hope switching back to your day to day life goes smoothly.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    didn't take a single picture ................ well, except for the one of my husband skinny dipping in the pool at the house we were staying at I doubt any of you want to see that! I don't even like seeing that! I should explain.......... we was full mooning to send to his buddies........ I don't get it...... but I guess guys think its funny.

Marcadav --- congrats on your daughters job and the coming move !!! That's so awesome!!!

Funny story........ I was trying to find Kombucha - Fry's (counterpart to Krogers) had only plain and the green stuff (GT's). They guy who helped me made a big deal out of the stuff having trace amounts of alcohol in it!!! Says they have to card people buying it just like any alcohol. I went to Trader Joe's to see what they had and the guy didn't know what I was talking about........ he had to ask another clerk who said "oh you'll have to go to the Vitamin Shop to get that", so I did, about 6 doors down, and they had only 4 flavors, non of my favs I ended up buying 2 bottles of Billberry or some such thing. FYI.......... the green stuff tastes like it looks.......... green - sorta like alfalfa smells.
    Last edited by tomi; 10-23-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Store kombucha has about the same amount of alcohol in it as bread does. I'd love to see them carding for that!

That said, I did get a little rush from one of my home-bottles of berry booch. Guess I let it sit a little too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Store kombucha has about the same amount of alcohol in it as bread does. I'd love to see them carding for that!

That said, I did get a little rush from one of my home-bottles of berry booch. Guess I let it sit a little too long.
    nothing wrong with that!!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Okay.......... vacation mode over! I'm back to tracking and ready to kick butt! We have 9 weeks till the end of the year and I want to see a number in the 170's on New Years day. I got my Barre3 DVDs and am going to start my daily workouts this afternoon - after I take mom to do her shopping and take care of her bills.

Todays weight 189 (+1) -- I've had too much salt over the past couple days - Lowry's Seasoning Salt I think has far too much sodium in it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have been avoiding Lawry's too - despite it's deliciousness - for the sugar content. It's not whole30 approved, so I haven't been able to use it for so long. Have you tried any of the Chef Paul Prudhommes stuff? His Meat Magic is AMAZING. Makes a steak spicy! Love it. My SIL says it's great on squashes too - like zucchini and yellow squash, with butter or ghee. She had it on eggplant too, I think. Really good. And the Blackened Red Fish is amazing on ANY kind of fish. PrimalCajun actually turned me on to it for catfish. We haven't turned back. SOOOO good.

Speaking of fish... we have two bags of catfish in the freezer (fresh caught from a local river) so I think we'll thaw that out and have us a little fish fry tomorrow (or rather, a fish saute in buttah!)

I hope you're having a good day today, Tomi. Is it Mom day or Day off day?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks, Jenn! Yes, it was mom day. Banking, shopping, visiting, bill paying, taking home her laundry, fixing a stick for her bedroom window. Typical stuff........ I feel I have another child now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Monday morning once again. Feeling blah!

I did really well over the weekend........... then fell into a piece of apple pie last night. Nephew called and said he and GF were coming over and bringing dessert from Baskin Robins. I declined the ice cream but made a joke that a stop at Shari's for apple pie would be fine. I was seriously joking. Hubby texted nephew to get pie. UGH! I had made it through the entire weekend craving pie - but denying myself the treat. Hubby thinks he's being nice by doing these things --- but he's just sabotaging my efforts. He loves me no matter if I chubby or thin.......... and for some reason I think he is uncomfortable with me getting to a healthy and attractive weight. His ex lost a lot of weight, had an affair (or several) and ended up leaving him for a younger man. I think that experience has scarred him. I have talked to him about it and he assured me that he has complete trust in me and in our marriage -- but I think deep down that is why he is not very supportive of my weight loss efforts. Consequently my weight was up again this morning. Not true pounds gained, because even with the pie I was well within my calorie range for the day - but the sugar likely caused some inflammation. Plus I did some killer leg work yesterday - also causing some inflammation. Friday I want to see a number smaller that last Friday.

Still using WWs site to track what I'm eating. I like it. Its a great tool. I suppose it would be similar to using fitday.com or something --- but for now this is what I'll use. As for the LR protocol............ I'm working back into it slowly. I just can't eat a meal large enough to give me 50-60 grams of protein first thing in the morning - I'm stuffed and feel miserable! If I have a protein shake its 30 grams of protein. I'd have to eat 5 eggs to get that! So - my strategy is to have a protein shake soon after getting up - then maybe a couple eggs shortly before I go to work around noon. A small snack when I get home from work around 5:30 - and then a smallish dinner with hubby around 7 pm. Fridays I will be doing the protein shake and then fasting until dinner because we have decided that Friday night dinner will be a take out chef salad from Shari's and its very large and uses up 3/4 of my points for the day.

We cut down the banana trees on Saturday --- this year we had a total of 4827 pounds of banana trees that went to the yard recycle place. Every year it seems to increase by about 1000 pounds! It cost us $145 to dump it - plus another $80 that we paid teens boys to help us load it! The yard was clean as a whistle when we were done.......... and the wind started blowing and now my entire yard is buried in leaves again. UGH! I need to be our there with the leaf blower - but lugging that thing around is not good for my shoulders.

I need to see a doctor about my shoulder pain. I just don't want to cuz I know its one of 2 possible things.............. either I have a simple case of severe bursitis and I just need to rest them........ or I have rotator cuff issues and will require surgery. In the first case I will be angry that I wasted a doctor visit - in the second case I will have to figure out how to come up with the $5000 deductible, plus 20% copay for the surgery. AND will be looking at 6 months of recovery time. My job is all computer work - that will be difficult with only one hand. I'm losing strength in my shoulders -- even lifting my arms over my head is getting to be a challenge. If I have to lift or lower something from above my head it is very difficult and painful.

Marcadav................ have you had your surgery?

It sucks getting older..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Just checked on our business account and we are in really good shape to enter the slow season! Thanks to God for His provisions - and thanks to my husband for being a good steward and running a great business! Winter is so much nicer when the bank account is fat!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Yes I had the procedure 3 weeks ago today. It wasn't surgery. Guided by ultrasound a needle is put into the calcium deposit and it is broken up. Then they try to remove the broken up pieces. Finally they put cortisone in the area to help the inflammation.

According to the doctor, that did the procedure, most calcium deposits have a hard outer shell and a toothpaste consistency inside. The softer inner stuff makes it easier to remove the pieces.

My deposit was hard throughout, moved when the doctor tried to insert the needle, and the bigger parts could not be removed. The doctor thinks my body will reabsorb them. But there's no guarantee.

They will only do this procedure twice. If that doesn't resolve the issue then they go in and surgically remove the deposit/pieces.

Things are better. I've had some tenderness and one episode of things "catching"and painful. I moved my daughter this weekend with no pain due to the shoulder issue.

I suggest getting an ultrasound on your shoulders. It might just be calcium deposits creating your bursitis/pain.