Page 344 of 512 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 5120

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 344

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Arizona house owner just let me know the pool is not very warm. Obviously it isn't heated, and with the cooler temps at night the water isn't staying very warm. Its ok. Hubby was looking forward to skinny dipping --- and he's used to the cool lake temps --- so I'm sure he'll dive it! Me, maybe not so much.

Just found out I need to be at work an hour earlier today. bummer. I'm supposed to be helping doc with his testing for re-certification with the Board of Endocrinology. He's working through the process but he hasn't been following the directions and when I told him clearly my understanding of what he was supposed to do - he told me different. I'm right - and now I have to meet with him at noon to help him see why I am right. He has until the end of the year to do 25 chart reviews and study for the test that he will be taking in the spring. Its an 8 hour exam of his knowledge in the field of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism. UGH.

I haven't weighed in a few days so nothing to report there. I quit the leptin reset because I was eating too much. Having such a large breakfast was causing me to gain weight. I'm getting around 20 grams of protein for breakfast now. I either eat 3 eggs or I have a protein shake. Today I did the shake. I'll be in Arizona on Friday so won't be weighing. I'll record my weight as the same on the WWs site. I have a mobile app so will be tracking while we're gone.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think you should stick with the LR longer. You might be gaining weight initially, but once you're eating what your body wants and the hormones start working properly, things will level out and you'll start losing again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yes, I think you're probably right, Jenn............ and now that I'm tracking with the WWs website I just might give it another shot. After I get back from Arizona I will give it another go. Its really hard to eat 60 grams of protein for breakfast and then eat very lightly for the rest of the day. That's exactly what hung me up the first time I tried it. Well, actually it was the eating a big breakfast and then that triggering the diarrhea - that isn't an issue anymore so I need to just make the adjustments to my daily intake.

I will revisit this topic next Wednesday when the routine starts up again................. Help remember will you???
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, what is the name of the endocrinologist you work for? I ask because my daughter and future SIL (did I mention my daughter got engaged 2 weeks after my son's wedding) are moving up here from San Diego in the next few weeks and my future SIL is a type 1 diabetic.

I found after my 50 gm protein breakfast, I wasn't hungry til dinner, so I didn't eat til then. Great way to work with IF like you like to do. I will try to remember to remind you, but bear in mind I can't remember to bring butter for lunch, so... lol

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Tomi, what is the name of the endocrinologist you work for? I ask because my daughter and future SIL (did I mention my daughter got engaged 2 weeks after my son's wedding) are moving up here from San Diego in the next few weeks and my future SIL is a type 1 diabetic.
    Dr. Rodney Michaels, Firehouse Diabetes and Endocrine Center, 1585 Liberty St SE - 503-589-0565

He is taking new patients they will need a referral and all medical records from previous doctor.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

hahaha now I know what you look like AND where you work... let the stalking begin!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I found after my 50 gm protein breakfast, I wasn't hungry til dinner, so I didn't eat til then. Great way to work with IF like you like to do. I will try to remember to remind you, but bear in mind I can't remember to bring butter for lunch, so... lol
    hahaha! I will make a note at home so when I get back I can jump right back into it.

Work is crazy this week as I'm trying to get things caught up and be ahead of the game for my days off. My manager has me working on getting the NextMD patient portal set up, as well as sitting in a prospective employee interview. My job is growing and I will need to start planning to be here earlier in the day to get all of it accomplished. More hours are good for the paycheck - but I'm not really interested in working more than 20 hours a week. He is hinting of retiring in the next year or so and is handing over more and more of his work load. I don't think I would do the job the same as he does - I'm not that detail minded. We shall see how things develop. A few years at managers wages could certainly take a huge bite out of our mortgage and that is still my main focus. The sooner I see a paid off letter from the lender the sooner I will be retiring!!! Or at least finding something to do that I truly enjoy.

I stepped on the scale this morning and my weight was back up a tad. No biggy --- its going to fluctuate. I'm not going to think too much about weight loss until I get back from Arizona. We're wanting to do some hiking - and we tend to eat healthy when we are away --- steaks and fish are always the main focus when we travel. I may indulge in a little dessert though

We're leaving home at 5:00 AM tomorrow -- and I will be without a computer until I get back home. So this will be my last entry until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

whatevzzzzz... you have an iPhone. Log on with your phone! jk Enjoy your vacation and know I am thoroughly jealous b/c I haven't been on a go away for an entire week vacation since my honeymoon.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Thanks Tomi.