Page 338 of 519 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 5186

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 338

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm thinking about doing acupuncture for my shoulders. The right one is very painful!
    My shoulder issue, which is very painful, turned out to be a fairly large calcuium deposit in my rotator cuff tendon. I am having the deposit broken up and aspirated next week.

The doctor I went to said these deposits are fairly common, especially in women over 50.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    what are your symptoms?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    what are your symptoms?
    It started about 6 months ago. I was changing my shirt and all of a sudden I had excruciating pain in my shoulder making it hard to move my arm. I woke up one morning a few days later and the pain was gone. The pain came back, randomly, several times over the last 6 months. Even when the excruciating pain was not there my shoulder/arm ached, "caught", popped almost all the time, especially at night.

The last time, about 3 weeks ago, the excruciating pain happen again when I stood up from the couch. It was so bad I thought I might vomit. I made a doctor's appt that day.

I had x-rays and an ultrasound. Both showed the deposit. The ultrasound also showed a very inflamed bursa/tendon.

Oh, Marcadav - that sounds awful! I cringed as I read you're description of the pain. EEEESH! Mine isn't nearly that bad! I've had this off and on for the better part of my adult life. It goes away if I am gentle and remember not to sleep with my arm up under my pillow. I saw a doctor about it 25 years ago and he told me just be careful and take NSAIDS for the pain and inflammation. I'm sure it will be fine. But I have read that acupuncture can help with the inflammation. I'm going to see if they do that at my doctors office or if not if they can suggest someone.

Hope you get it taken care of without any lasting problems! You must be anxious to have it stop hurting!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

At work - taking a little break. My duties keep expanding and I think I need to start coming in a little earlier every day. Now I also have to tally the cash box everyday and add up the receipts from the day before - nothing big - but it adds time to my workload. I'm waiting for the phones to be turned over at 4:30 so I can record the new message on the patient line. Until then I have plenty of new patient charts to work on. It still amazes me how sick some of these people are!!!

I put on my first estrogen patch this morning. I decided to stretch out the time between changing patches so they will last until my next appointment. If I wait 4 days between changes I will have enough to last until 2 days before my next appt.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like they are keeping you busy. I'm using acupuncture for my shoulder at the moment. I can't say if it is having much effect. I hope you have better results.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thursday is my early day at the office. I'm not a morning person so this is difficult for me. But - here we go! Have a great day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Have a great day Tomi!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Hope you have a wonderful day!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

home now The day was busy but good.

Came home and put bad things in my mouth. Namely m&m's. I didn't eat breakfast due to the early hour and lack of time so when I got home I was famished!

Weight is still holding at 190
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: