Page 33 of 462 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 33

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    there is something VERY wrong with all that! Why does everything revolve around money!
    Because we live in a capitalist nation where money is the ultimate goal in life. You are successful based on the number of zeros behind your company's financial net worth.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I finally saw the end of my initial weight loss. Had some taco seasoning last night (taco night) that I'm sure included a ton of sodium (didn't look but subconsciously knew it would be a factor). Up one lb today but I know it's water and i'll be gone again after one day of clean sodium-free eats.

Ketosis - I keep forgetting to test for it! I'm pretty sure I'm there as well. I'd like to stay in ketosis too b/c I really don't miss the carbs - except my fermented dairies...

You're doing great! Keep up the momentum!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Okay --- got some answers! Thyroid is a bit low so she's putting me on Armour Thyroid (yeah!). Melatonin is low so she wants me to take that at night. My cortisol level is extremely high in the morning (explains the waking up and stressing about everything in life!) and not quite low enough at night, so she had me buy two different adrenal support supplements. My iron is low (but not anemic) so I'm to take more iron. Go back in a month to see how things are going - lab work in 6-8 weeks. Finally - direction and hope! I'm anxious to get started!

she didn't mention the weight loss - but it hasn't been that much. Maybe when I get to 20 or 30 pounds it will make a difference. Hopefully when I go back in a month I will be at least 10 pounds lighter! I talked to her a bit about the diarrhea - told her I was taking 2000 mg of calcium and it was definitely making a difference. She said the low thyroid and the low iron could have something to do the with the diarrhea so the added iron and getting the thyroid up should also help. So, I won't change anything I'm taking unless I get bound up - and then I should back off on the calcium a bit. I'm pumped! Finally!!! Something to work on!

As for cholesterol - I didn't even mention it.

Winter has returned to the Willamette Valley! Its cold, the wind is blowing and its raining! UGH! Not good for soaking up any rays.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Gives you an excuse to take more Feel-Good D3!

If only the D3 could also give me that golden glow! Oh, for a nice tan!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I KNOW! My skin is so dark! Well, except that which is covered with clothes all day. That's white as milk!

So you have sun in IOWA??? Not fair. Not fair. Not fair!!!! My arms and face have gotten a little color because on the few days that we've had sun I've been out in the yard --- but the rest of me, Lily White!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I'm glad you're getting answers. Your doctor sounds like a keeper.

I definitely need to consider switching doctors. I've only seen mine 4 times in four years--annual exams, new Rxs. Last time I was there (October) she told me I needed to stop looking for something to be wrong with me. How can I be looking for something to be wrong when I see a doctor once a year because I can't refill meds without a new Rx?

This was because I asked for certain tests-- vitamin D, HbA1c, fasting insulin, reverse T3..

I had horrible Vitamin D levels even while living in S CA and walking outside each day. Diabetes runs rampant in my family and I knew my T3 was low. She would not run any of those tests because I was "in range" in regards to vitamin D, and had a good HbA1c, a year ago. She didn't even know about reverse T3 and since the test wasn't in the computer system she ignored me.

She always asks, "What are you going to do with the results? And when I start to tell her she interrupts me, changes the subject.

Yeah, Marcadav, you need a new doctor! You pay her to listen to your concerns and give you the help you request and she's ignoring you. That's not my definition of a good doctor.

Yes, Tomi, we have sun. Iowa is notorious for sunny summers, hence our propensity to grow crops! lol it's a touch on the cloudy side today, but that's ok. I'm chained to my desk anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Tomi, I'm glad you're getting answers. Your doctor sounds like a keeper.

I definitely need to consider switching doctors. I've only seen mine 4 times in four years--annual exams, new Rxs. Last time I was there (October) she told me I needed to stop looking for something to be wrong with me. How can I be looking for something to be wrong when I see a doctor once a year because I can't refill meds without a new Rx?

This was because I asked for certain tests-- vitamin D, HbA1c, fasting insulin, reverse T3..

I had horrible Vitamin D levels even while living in S CA and walking outside each day. Diabetes runs rampant in my family and I knew my T3 was low. She would not run any of those tests because I was "in range" in regards to vitamin D, and had a good HbA1c, a year ago. She didn't even know about reverse T3 and since the test wasn't in the computer system she ignored me.

She always asks, "What are you going to do with the results? And when I start to tell her she interrupts me, changes the subject.
    It's definitely time for you to find a new doc!!! Mind if I ask who this "she" is? I work in the medical field, and its always good to know what docs to avoid Call Vida - ask to see Dr. Dacker, heres the number: 503-399-1400 I've started seeing her for my yearly female exams as well. She's thorough! She listens! and she focuses on healing through eating healthy whole foods, natural remedies, and staying active. She only prescribes pharmaceuticals when there is not a better natural alternative.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.