Page 326 of 458 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376426 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 4578

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 326

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tomi, if you get too lonely feel free to contact me. I'm sure we could find something to do-- get to know each other, walk, dinner, go to TJs to stock up on things...

And, you could always come work in my yard.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Marcadav I'll keep it mind. I think my son is coming one day this weekend - not sure yet. And I have a list of projects to complete. I'm fine during the day - in fact I enjoy my time alone during the day - but when evening rolls around I don't so much like being alone.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

well, starting next Thursday I will be hosting a women's bible study in my home. I am not feeling especially thrilled about this because I feel that I have been cornered into joining this bible study. That being said............. I do need to be in the Bible more than I have been for many years. So I'm going to see this as a positive thing and try to draw good things from it. I will use my journal to voice a complaint............ there is a very young girl in the group with very poor social skills and very poor communication skills. She talks and talks and talks! But its more of a mumble and slur. She starts at point A heading to point B -- but goes by way of point F, M, P, T and X. What should take 50 words to say takes her 500!! She will be a true test of my patience and grace!!! She is the girlfriend of one our employees and I expect them to get married so I also expect that she will be a part of my life for some time to come! Oh Lord, give me grace with this girl!

First night alone. I'm not enjoying the quiet of this house. Hubby and I have been texting off and on for a couple of hours. He misses me But he's enjoying his guy time. They are docked on the Columbia River - Beacon Rock. I'm not sure what these 4 men are going to do for 6 days on a boat on the Columbia River -- but, as a woman I probably would never understand.

I have to go to bed at some point - and that freaks me out.

Dinner tonight was not so good. I needed something I could just heat and eat. We had a little left over beef/bacon/bean casserole from the mens bible study bbq. I ate about 1/2 cup of that. There was more, but I ended up throwing it in the trash so I wouldn't eat any more of it. It is so not primal. I may need to eat something else before bed. I have some precooked sweet potatoes in the fridge and some salmon I could warm up.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

One pitfall to living on the West Coast..................when I'm still up at midnight.......... the majority of MDA journalers are fast asleep. So I'm here all alone........ Unless Marcadav or Honeybuns are still awake and goofy enough to be on MDA at this hour!!!

Okay............ I'm still up cuz hubby is away and I don't want to go to bed alone Its 12:35 am and I'm still here.

I think I'm going to go back to the basic ---- EAT WHEN HUNGRY protocol. I don't remember Mark's acronym for that concept.

I seldom want food before noon. But I always try to eat some eggs before my PM work shift. If not, I tend to eat anything in sight when I get home between 4 and 5 pm. I want my body to tell me when I should feed it - not the clock. So for the next couple of months I am going to eat when my body is hungry............ HUNGRY! not CRAVING. If my stomach isn't grumbling then I'm not truly hungry and I'm not going to eat. I have run out of nuts and I'm going to keep it that way............. nuts are yummy and healthy -- but they are calorie DENSE!!!! I can easily eat 1/2 my daily calorie needs in nuts if I have them at arms length.

I am now.............. drum roll please!!!! 13 days diarrhea FREE!!!! Thanks to my daily 16 oz of kombucha and my strong probiotic! I haven't had a stomach ache in 13 days! This is a miracle! I haven't had diarrhea in 13 days!!! Am I cured???? Have I finally fixed my gut???? I have had sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, m&m's and even nasty flour and sugar filled cookies!!! and still no diarrhea or pain! I honestly believe I have fixed my gut!!! Every morning I have a BM that is soft, but formed and MOST days that is all........... some days I will have a second BM later in the day - but 70% of the time its just the ONE SINGLE BM!!!!! This THRILLS me!!! To have gone 13 days without gut wrenching pain is nothing short of a miracle! A GIFT!!! I do believe that my gut flora was so terribly out of whack that it caused me 5-6 years of debilitating pain and diarrhea!!! and I have finally found my sweet relief! WHY did no doctor ever say --- your gut flora must be a real mess ..... here, do this to fix it!!!! Stupid doctors!!! Damn Western Medicine --- our doctors know NOTHING! except what big pharma teaches them. How sad. I can't wait to go back to my doctor on Oct. 1st and tell her I fixed my gut problems with kombucha and strong probiotics! And then I will ask her to test all my hormones and give me a cocktail of bio identical's that will fix my weight and libido problems!!!!!

Now................ the next step is finding the answer to the weight problem. I am still 185 pounds. The gut is fixed.............. time to fix the metabolism.

I didn't do my planned workout today - but I just did 50 reps of 130# leg presses on the bowflex.

I am VERY pleased with the physical progress and gains that I am making! very pleased!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

today - as I was furniture store hopping...................... I was witness to a geriatric man doing SPRINTS! Seriously, he was at least 65 years of age................ Sprinting down the street!!! As fast as his legs would go! and seriously I was shocked! I want to go back and find this man and talk to him................... he was all out running at top speed.............. for like 1/4 mile! he was OLD!!!! It was impressive!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Understand the not being able t sleep with DH not there - spent years with him on night shift. If it was particularly bad, I would get a t-shirt that smelled like him and cuddle with it. It helped relax me enough to go to sleep.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Understand the not being able t sleep with DH not there - spent years with him on night shift. If it was particularly bad, I would get a t-shirt that smelled like him and cuddle with it. It helped relax me enough to go to sleep.
    awe That's sweet I might try that tonight. I slept fine once I decided to go to bed at 2 am.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I have no problem being alone. I lived alone the last year and a half of college and then 2 years before I was married. After I got married my ex traveled a lot for work so once again I was often alone, until I had kids. Since moving back to OR I've lived alone and like it. When my kids come for a visit, as much as I love having them here, I miss my quiet house after a few days.

Congratulations on being diarrhea free for thirteen days. I hope talking about it doesn't jinx things. I say that because every time I mention to my best friend or cousin that I haven't had a period that month,it comes calling in the next day or two.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I slept in Hulky's shirts and most comfy PJ pants while he was away last month. I also used a big stuffed shark toy as a place filler for him. I don't like to snuggle while sleeping, but I liked having something big-ish next to me.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I swipe a shirt of his from the laundry bin and put it on Sheba ( a stuffed Jaguar he gave me for our first Valentine's Day.) I would curl around his pillow, but he takes it with him.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome