Page 323 of 512 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 5111

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 323

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    Your goal certainly is doable!!! You're gonna do it!!
    Can you come back daily and remind me of this
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    and 50 leg presses at 100# on the bowflex.
    You can SO leg press more than this. Think about it. Your weight is 185, which means each time you stoop, sit or climb a stair, you are leg pressing 185 lbs. I don't think you're doing yourself any benefit by only leg pressing 100 lbs. I think you should up it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is online now Senior Member
    tomi...I will certainly try if you'll do the same for me!!! 😉 We have similar goals. Although I want to lose 80 pounds by the end of this month. . I know I know...that's a little unrealistic. *sigh*
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    You can SO leg press more than this. Think about it. Your weight is 185, which means each time you stoop, sit or climb a stair, you are leg pressing 185 lbs. I don't think you're doing yourself any benefit by only leg pressing 100 lbs. I think you should up it.
    I am increasing it slowly. I will go up to 150# and see how that goes.

You tell me what I should be doing.......... I have pretty strong legs - but I don't want to hurt anything so I thought I would start light and build up. Should I start at my body weight?
    Last edited by tomi; 09-16-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Give you an idea: in hs I weighed 95 lb soaking wet. A friend of mine put me on a leg press my first day in a gym and said he would put on only 20 lb. I pushed it a set and said "more weight. " He gawped at me and said he'd put 120 on there as a joke, figuring I wouldn't budge it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oh dear! You're strong!!! I'm gonna try more tonight - will let you know what happens.

I'm meeting a friend for dinner. Hubby's bible study starts up again tonight so I have Mondays free. I'm thinking of trying to find a class or something for Monday nights. Maybe a yoga class?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Why not find a bible study of your own?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I have 130# on the bowflex now. Its difficult, but very doable. I put 210 and couldn't budge it. The 40# resistance discs haven't been used very much and I'm wondering if they have gotten stiff with age and lack of use. I'd like to sit down at a real weight bench and see what I can do. I've been thinking about selling the Bowflex - its not very user friendly cuz it takes a lot of repositioning and stuff to do the different kinds of exercises with it. Hubby never uses it, just me.

My oldest sister is coming this afternoon to spend the night. This is the one with the fibro and is very obese. I sure wish I could get her to change her diet - but she won't do it. She can barely get up the 2 steps to my front porch - her muscles are so under used. I think she uses the motorized cart when she does grocery shopping. Makes me sad.

Had another casualty at work. In the past month the handy man and the cleaning lady have quit, now yesterday the biller walked out. My boss is a difficult man to work for -- and his partner/manager isn't any better. They pretty much demand perfection, and if you don't meet their standards they threaten to dock your pay. Thankfully I have never been the target of any threats - but I've seen it happen over and over. I'm not sure what mistake the biller made but they threatened to dock her pay $50 for every mistake she made. First, that's pretty poor managing tactics, and Second, that's totally illegal. I'm remembering why I quit working there in 2007 and wishing I hadn't gone back. This particular biller has been the best biller I have ever seen at this office. She's good at what she does, and she's always willing to do more. She also acted as the supervisor to the front desk staff and could step in and help out where needed. They will be sorry they pushed her to the point of walking out. Oh, I don't want to go to the office today.

I ate 3 eggs for breakfast and then I wanted something SWEET! damn I hate those cravings. I had nothing sweet to eat that wouldn't cause me gastric distress so didn't have anything. We do have some grapes - but I've noticed they give me a little tummy trouble so I'm staying clear of them. I think they will end up going on hubby's boat trip.

Did I tell you hubby is leaving for a week for his annual guy boat trip? They are leaving Thursday morning and not coming home until next Wednesday. I have issues with this, and I've let hubby know about it. They have been doing this trip for about 10 years now. It started out to be a 4 day thing, and it has gradually grown into a 7 day thing. This is not a good time for hubby to be away from the business for an entire week. And, because he takes a week off with the guys I feel uncomfortable asking him to take a week off with me before things gets crazy again in the spring. This is the time of year when we are feeling the pinch to build up the bank account to get us through the winter slow time --- and he's gonna be gone for a week? I'm ready for the this guy boat trip to run its course and be over. Another issue............ in the 12 years we've been married every single vacation has been at my suggestion, and my planning. Whats up with that? Why doesn't he every say.......... "hey, lets take a week and get out of here!"

Okay............ rant over. Hubby is a really good man - and he needs time off, but not this time of year, and not at the expense of time he could be taking with his wife.

Okay - now rant is really over.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Why not find a bible study of your own?
    the wives of the men's group are starting a study - but we can't do it on Monday's cuz of childcare issues. Can't have both mom and dad at a study on the same night. Life is easier when the kids are all grown up We're meeting Thursday night to talk about when/where/what details.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I got an unexpected workout yesterday!!! We had our winter supply of wood pellets delivered -- THREE TONS! I didn't want hubby to have to come home from working his 12 hour day and be faced with the job of stacking the bags of pellets so I did it for him. ALL THREE TONS! They come in 40# bags........ so do the math.......... that's 150 40# bags of wood pellets. He was extremely impressed when he got home and the bags were all neatly and tightly stacked, the garage was clean and the car was parked in its spot. I was feeling a little tired and sore when the job was done - but no aches and pains.

I also scored 4 bottles of kombucha that had been clearance to $1.69!!!! They are nearing their expiration date. I bought 4 bottles, but I think I'm going to go back today and buy the rest of the clearance bottles - assuming they are still there.

My scoby isn't growing very fast. How long does this take? I started it on 8/27 and right now its an unformed mass of whitish looking stuff sitting on the bottom of the jar.

My sister is still sleeping. We stayed up until about 1:30. I got up at 8:30, woke her up about 8:45, but she wanted to sleep a bit more. Boy is she a talker! She seems to be uncomfortable with silence - so she talks incessantly about people she knows, and people they know and her dogs and cats and the bear who chased her hubby down the hill and the bear who scared the friend who was staying with them................ and on and on and on. She's lost some weight and is looking better, but still has very little strength or stamina. I'd guess she is in the upper 200s now, maybe slightly over 300. But she was at least 100 pounds heavier. She says her weight has stabilized and she hasn't lost anything in a while. But, she only weighs at the doctor cuz she is too big for a regular house scale.

My weight is still fluctuating. I'm not bloated in the mid-section, but I'm puffy all over. Looking forward to seeing if the bio-identical hormones will help me. 13 days until my appointment.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation