Page 322 of 599 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 5983

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 322

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I haven't tried the ones with the Chia seeds -- just looks gross. I've tried several and haven't found one yet that I don't like.
    I really like the Cherry Chia one.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    are the seeds soft or hard?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

are the seeds soft or hard?
    I had to go test them as I have never considered them separate from the kombucha. To me they just seem like a thickener.

I find them hard to describe. I guess I would say they are soft/slightly gelatinous on the outside. If you actually bite down on some they have a slight crunch to them, but not hard.

Doesn't sound at all appealing................ I will stay with the no-seeded drinks

I believe fall has arrived in Oregon. Yuck........... my least favorite season. Lots of clean up and then everything goes dormant for the long winter ahead. To me - it feels like the world of plants and greenness and blooming things goes to sleep from October to April - and we have to stay awake and go on with our lives. Fall and winter make me sad.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Seems like you were just getting ready for spring......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I vow to spend this fall and winter working on my goal of health and wellness. By boating season of 2014 I want to be at my goal weight and I want to be stronger and have more stamina.

Currently 185.
    Goal 140.

That gives me 33 weeks to take off 45 pounds. Its doable..... about 1.5 pounds per week. I think once my gut is fully healed and with the help of the bio-identical hormones I can do this. Appointment with doctor Oct 1st. Fingers crossed. I need to step up my workouts........ I've gone 2 weeks now without doing anything. I have to get back to daily routines. I will start reporting again here what I'm doing.

I decided after having that cup of coffee yesterday morning that I won't be doing coffee again. First, it caused my bowels to work overtime. Second, I had a caffeine reaction that was not pleasant (jittery and unable to think clearly, even messed up my fine motor skills for a bit, and caused some serious cramping in my hands). Third, I don't like it black and I don't want to bring sweeteners and fake creamer back into my life. Not that I'm 100% sugar free --- but I don't intentionally add it to anything, I just get it in the occasional use of condiments or the nibbles of m&m's. M&m's are going back on my don't list. I'm getting into the habit of having a few daily - that's a slippery slop. I'm out of cashews and am not going to buy more because I have on some days eaten 4 ounces throughout the course of the day............ that's a whopping 650 calories!!!! I always count these calories in my daily totals - but still! Those are calories I could be using to eat another entire meal - not just nibbling at throughout the day. I need to cut out the snacking completely. I seem to move from one snack obsession to another. I've done dark chocolate, pork rinds, cream cheese clouds, mixed nuts, corn chips, and cashews. I could allow myself 1 ounce of cashews per day. That's about 8 whole nuts. But as with anything........... once I get started I don't know where to find the brake pedal! I am certainly using food as a form of comfort and fulfillment - but why? I need to find out why I use food to fill a void - what that void is -- and how to fill it with something healthy and appropriate.

My gut is still doing good The caffeine clean out yesterday was annoying but not diarrhea and not painful at all. So, I have now gone 10 days with no pain and diarrhea. I'm very happy about this!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Seems like you were just getting ready for spring......
    Seems like it huh? still haven't got the dang pond cleared up either! GRRR! I have managed to bring down the pH to about 8 so that's a good thing. I need to order some more clarifier from 123.Ponds.

There are a couple of projects that I had planned to do this summer and didn't finish them. I'm not happy with myself about that. I have a really hard time starting projects when I don't have the entire day to work on them - so I tend to not start things at all. Not a personality trait I would choose to have.

Okay............ I've done 120 jump ropes, and 50 leg presses at 100# on the bowflex. And then I rode 3.5 miles on my bike.

now.......... time for some breakfast and then shower and work.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

Doesn't sound at all appealing................ I will stay with the no-seeded drinks

I believe fall has arrived in Oregon. Yuck........... my least favorite season. Lots of clean up and then everything goes dormant for the long winter ahead. To me - it feels like the world of plants and greenness and blooming things goes to sleep from October to April - and we have to stay awake and go on with our lives. Fall and winter make me sad.
    It didn't sound or look appealing to me either. However, I challenged myself to try it and was surprised I actually liked it. My best friend was here a few weeks ago. She is a very picky eater. I got her to try it and she liked it too and is now buying it. So all I can say is try it, you might just be surprised.

I dislike fall too. All my neighbors have huge trees and it seems like all their leaves fall/blow into my yard. It doesn't help that most of them aren't big on yard work.

I have no trees by design. Raking and even blowing, basically one handed, is a pain in the butt.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I love all the seasons!! Although down here in south texas we only have two seasons...hot & hotter!! lol. Not really. I love the fall...the air starts to get a little crisper...the leaves start to change their color...mother earth is winding down for a nice long recuperative rest. I love winter...I always feel better in the winter. Don't know why! I loved the snow when I was young & we lived up north for a time. There is nothing more peaceful than softly falling snow in the woods!! Been a long long time since I've seen it tho. When baby boy was little I used to decorate the house for the seasons & the holidays. This house is just to tiny to do much decorating...with the exception of a wreath on the door...& I only do that at Christmas now. *sigh*

Your goal certainly is doable!!! You're gonna do it!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    It didn't sound or look appealing to me either. However, I challenged myself to try it and was surprised I actually liked it. My best friend was here a few weeks ago. She is a very picky eater. I got her to try it and she liked it too and is now buying it. So all I can say is try it, you might just be surprised.

I dislike fall too. All my neighbors have huge trees and it seems like all their leaves fall/blow into my yard. It doesn't help that most of them aren't big on yard work.

I have no trees by design. Raking and even blowing, basically one handed, is a pain in the butt.
    OH that would be tough! I can't imagine trying to rake one handed. We have a lot of trees. The front yard has a giant Sycamore, a giant Catalpa, and giant Cherry. It also has a medium Sweet Gum and a small Golden Chain. All the leaves from those trees get blown into the flower beds and spend the winter decomposing and fertilizing my plants. In the spring the parts that are left get cleaned up and hauled away. The backyard is surrounded by giant Maple trees that belong to the Wallace House Park. The leaves that land in our yard get piled up and thrown back over the fence from where they came! I do all the yard work myself except for the major leaf cleanup in the spring - we have a guy who does that.

Okay -- I'll try the Chia Seed Kombucha. (maybe)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter