Page 319 of 464 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 4633

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 319

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You have no idea how much better this makes to feel to know that I'm not the only one around here who eats REALLY crappy stuff once in a while!
    I think everyone eats crap sometimes. During my stay in San Diego I didn't eat enough and ended up having Pizza Hut pan pizza. I didn't even enjoy it but I was starving.

I also had wedding cake, french fries, and who knows what was in the catered dinner.Then there was wine, champagne and a few whiskeys and diet pepsi.

Since I've been back I have had a re-occurrence of shoulder issues and have been treating myself to comfort foods and wine(for the pain). I finally went to the doctor yesterday, had x-rays, and an ultrasound today. Just found out I have an AC joint injury as well as a large calcium deposit. Am being referred to orthopedics.

I will get back on track by Monday.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    OH Marcadav................. sorry for the pain stuff.

And thanks for the honesty - it might sounds sadistic - but I'm in a place where knowing others mess up gives me a little comfort and acceptance of my own weaknesses and bad choices.

Hope you'll find a good outcome to the shoulder problem. I'm on 800 mg ibuprofen twice a day to alleviate my bursitis.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I'm on 800 mg ibuprofen twice a day to alleviate my bursitis.
    Please tell me the doctor is keeping tabs on your liver. High doses of ibuprofen can screw with it big time.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

imsuchaprincess is offline Junior Member
    Girls I just went to the " Family Dinner" it is a potluck for my sons entire HS football team that happens weekly. I started out just getting salad .then i saw all the different kinds of pasta!!! I did eat several kinds of pasta and salad...no bread and no dessert but I blew it. I hope i can make the menu next week work for me better.now I'm back home and I'm still hungry

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    you girls made me laugh!!! I had to make cookies for dh's lunch as he was out of the store bought ones (which I don't like to do anymore when I'm trying hard to watch what I eat.) Wellllll...they were white choco/macademia nut & I ate one. I admit it. I was so ashamed...that is not allowed on the whole30!! Or anytime really. Then I read about tomi's crappy choices...& someone's trip to MickeyD's...chocolate ice cream... & then I read about naiad's full face splat in the pizza etc...& her dose of Fukitol! LOL (Hubby got me a mother's day card this year & on the front was a bottle with a lady's picture on it & it said Screwitol...A brand new treatment for moms! Too many things to do? Too many places to be? Not enough time for yourself? Just Screwitol!! lol I think I like naiad's better!!! lol) Anyways...after reading all of your posts I didn't feel near as bad. Sometimes I have a tendency to forget its ok to not be perfect & to do it strictly by the book!...& while I have been about 98% good during the whole30 so far, now I don't feel like I've failed it somehow. I can slip up & laugh about it!!!

ya'll are great!!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

That's why this site is so great --- we're all in the together --- the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY truth of it all! I try to stay honest in my journal and its good to see that others do to!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Please tell me the doctor is keeping tabs on your liver. High doses of ibuprofen can screw with it big time.
    I haven't talked to the doctor about my shoulder, so I'm not being monitored. I'll only take this high of a dose for a week or 2, then go back to 800 mg at bedtime.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I haven't talked to the doctor about my shoulder, so I'm not being monitored. I'll only take this high of a dose for a week or 2, then go back to 800 mg at bedtime.
    Initially my husband was thought to have bursitis. When he went for a rotator cuff surgery it was found that he has no cartilage in the shoulder joint. He found out yesterday that his joint is at end stage and a shoulder replacement is next. Both he and a friend of his who has been on mega doses of ibuprofen after an industrial accident were repeatedly warned that extended use of ibuprofen, especially at higher doses, needed to be monitored.

If you are taking 800 mg a day it is a good idea to have that rechecked, not just because of liver. That is a significant amount to be taking daily. Something is going on with that joint.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, the doctor told me Wednesday to take 800mg ibuprofen every 4-6 hours for 5-7 days. After that, switch to Tylenol. He said that continuous use can be hard on the stomach.

PrimalCon New York
    That's pretty much my plan - but I'm only taking it 2 times a day at that dose. Ibuprofen has never messed with my liver or stomach - but Tylenol has really messed with my liver. I only take it when I have a head ache or fever now, and never more than 650 mg at a time. I've been taking 800 mg ibuprofen at bedtime for about 10 years - and my liver enzymes are always normal. I get a complete blood work up once a year.

I have appointment in 3 weeks to talk to the doc about bio-identical hormones, I will also talk to her about my shoulders and see if she recommends further investigation. Sorry about your husband........... eeesh, I hope I don't have to go that route.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation