Page 315 of 589 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 5885

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 315

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, so awesome <3 I had a '74 Beetle for a couple of years, but we never got it running consistently. I sold it when I was sick of it constantly breaking down for some reason or another.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    This one is a 56 chassis - the engine was completely rebuilt about 5 years ago, but is not the original engine. My hubby found it in a farmers field completely covered in weeds and blackberry vines. There was no floor, no engine and it was all pretty trashed! Its been completely restored. It has a full soft top too.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    How's the whole30 going? Are you still attempting it? How are you going to work through the barbecue?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

still attempting - but I'm about to throw in the towel. My mood is all over the place - making it really hard to stay focused. I'm doing okay - but I've not been 100%
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Your mood will improve if you keep going with it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I think it has more to do with menopausal hormone issues than diet. I've been 95% whole30 - just not perfect. Hubby forgets what I'm doing and he'll cook my eggs in butter, or I'll forget and I'll have ketchup. Then there was the fried chicken thing I'm not going to quit - but I am going to see my doctor.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

bible study men's group BBQ done Another good gathering in our backyard. We counted 23 people at this one. My steak was gristly and I only ate a little of it. That meant food choices were not whole30 - and not even primal. Whatever......... I'm too tired to care!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Its LATE!!! 1:20 in the AM hours. We had 23 people over for the BBQ - and I was too wound up to go to bed at 10:30 when hubby headed up to bed. So here I sit.............. I played all my games on words with friends - just chatted with a friend in Washington who is also still up at this late hour - did a little online research on bio-identical hormones - looked at pond stuff - and now I'm back here again. I really need to go to bed. I'm so thankful I have an afternoon job. These late night can't sleeps don't happen very often - but when they do its nice to know I don't have to be anywhere in the weeee hours of the morning.

Did I mention how cool the rental car is? Dodge Durango. It has a push button start/stop. They call it a "proximity" key. As long as the key is in the vehicle you just push the button to start or stop the engine. It has a back up camera...... it told me I had one tire with low air pressure - even told me which tire, and how much pressure was registering. I stopped at the rental shop on the way home from work, and they put in some more air to fix it! It tells me how much fuel I'm burning and what mileage I'm getting. When I close the back hatch -- it "closes" the hatch for me. In fact, it opens and closes the hatch for me! Who fricken needs a car that will do all that? Its a very "smart" car.......... and very comfortable with its leather, heated and cooled seats. But visibility sucks! I like my Pathfinder better! I'm looking forward to having my car back. I've always loved my Pathfinder - but now, after having this "luxury" SUV - I love my Pathfinder even more!!! DAMN those little bastards who punched my lock with a screw driver and caused me all this trouble and inconvenience!!! Cost? $250 deductible, plus 20% of the rental car cost. Little bastards will cost us about $300 --- and what they stole from our car MIGHT have gotten them $30 on craigslist. If justice where on MY side............... those little bastards would be doing some HARD labor in MY yard!!!! EDGING and WEEDING!!!! They would be cleaning gutters and windows!!! And I would be loving on them and telling them they are better than that penny-anty shit they were doing breaking into cars.

We were VICTOMIZED. I don't like that feeling. If I knew who did it - I'd be reaching for their hearts - but I don't. So I'M ANGRY! There is NO justice for the victimized. You just have to deal with the feelings of intrusion and violation and move on - move past - get over it. There is no closure - and that's the hardest part for me. I LIKE closure. But this is closure-less.

I just don't get it. Do they have NO conscience? do they feel NO remorse for the financial burden and inconvenience they cause others? I just don't get it - I have NO concept of what they think as they are breaking into a car and taking whatever they feel they can benefit from. If I so much as bump another car - I will leave a note! "Sorry my door hit your mirror - left a little smudge"

I just don't get it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Well, the easy answer is no - they don't think about the hardship they are causing an innocent person. Years ago I had someone break my rear window to steal something from my car. Do you know what they took? Three quarters - 75 cents - from the ashtray. Cost me $175 plus of course what the insurance paid. At about the same time a friend had the same thing happen to her - they took an empty shopping bag. The people who did it are only thinking of getting enough to buy alcohol or drugs. Five or six dollars is all they need.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yeah, I would say the simple version is they are valuing their need above your inconvenience. If I was in a rut for whatever reason (drugs, totally broke, homeless, whatever), it would not bother me to inconvenience someone by damaging their property so I could get something to help myself. Especially if I had no other way.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).