Page 314 of 611 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324364414 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 6105

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 314

tomi is offline Senior Member
    cpmodem - thanks for the input I have noticed recently that when I stay VLC (-50) for several days I end up with a big bloat! Then when I eat about 100 carbs it all flushes out. Not sure if that's strictly due to carbs or if it might be just coincidence - who knows!!!! Maybe I should try to stay around 100 and see what happens.

A coworker encouraged me to get CO2 test at her gym to determine BMR. I don't know if I want to pay $75 for that. But it would be good to know. I wonder how accurate they are...........

I sent a request to my doctors office for an appointment to discuss bio-identical hormones and weight loss issues. Waiting for response...... tick tock tick tock!!!

Yesterday I ate 1900 calories! That's unusual! I ate a very large dinner.

I went for a 4 mile bike ride after I got back from taking mom shopping, stopping at work to distribute paychecks, and going grocery shopping. It felt good! I LOVE my bike!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Having a great weekend. Saturday we loaded up the boat and brought her home. We're gonna put her up in Portland on the Willamette for a month or 2 - cuz we're just not ready for boating season to end.

Food wise has been marginal. Nothing terrible - but hubby was craving fried chicken - so I made old fashioned fried chicken legs dredged in flour and fried - but I used olive oil. So, I had maybe a total of a couple TB of flour yesterday. We're having the same today as I bought a large pack of legs. Not a bad deal for about 40 cents a leg.

My tummy has been good! I really think the kombucha and probiotics are making all the difference! That and not eating dumb things like corn chips and oreos! I've been snacking on cashews and jerky - weight is heading back down to the low 180's.

We're going to for a bike ride in a bit

Monday night is hubby's bible study kick-off bbq that we always host. This is men and their wives/girlfriends. We've hosted it for about 8 years now. I always make my potato salad and the bean/bacon/beef casserole. This time I'm making a dessert also. We're expecting about 20 people!! Everyone brings their own meat and a dish to share. The weather is supposed to be great so we'll be out on patio with the fire roaring!! Hubby mowed and watered while I cooked and baked. We're pretty much ready for the big night!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Having a great weekend. Saturday we loaded up the boat and brought her home. We're gonna put her up in Portland on the Willamette for a month or 2 - cuz we're just not ready for boating season to end.

Food wise has been marginal. Nothing terrible - but hubby was craving fried chicken - so I made old fashioned fried chicken legs dredged in flour and fried - but I used olive oil. So, I had maybe a total of a couple TB of flour yesterday. We're having the same today as I bought a large pack of legs. Not a bad deal for about 40 cents a leg.

My tummy has been good! I really think the kombucha and probiotics are making all the difference! That and not eating dumb things like corn chips and oreos! I've been snacking on cashews and jerky - weight is heading back down to the low 180's.

We're going to for a bike ride in a bit

Monday night is hubby's bible study kick-off bbq that we always host. This is men and their wives/girlfriends. We've hosted it for about 8 years now. I always make my potato salad and the bean/bacon/beef casserole. This time I'm making a dessert also. We're expecting about 20 people!! Everyone brings their own meat and a dish to share. The weather is supposed to be great so we'll be out on patio with the fire roaring!! Hubby mowed and watered while I cooked and baked. We're pretty much ready for the big night!

That couple of tb of flour is really no different than eating oreos. From what I've read, even a small amount of gluten when you have a messed up gut is too much - as in, there is no "moderation". Kind of like a person with peanut allergies can't eat peanuts in moderation, someone with a messed up gut can't eat gluten, even in moderation. J/S. I hope you feel well today.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks, Jenn I'm feeling great! No ill effects from the flour on the chicken

I am VERY happy to report that in the past 14 days I have had only 3 episodes of diarrhea - and today I had a very normal, healthy poop! I think I'm on the mend!

I'm eating veggies in MODERATION daily. I'm drinking a kombucha every day and I'm taking a good probiotic every day. I'm thinking the replacement of the healthy gut flora might be what is fixing my tummy troubles! I'm feeling good

Now - for the weight loss............ Its still stagnant - hanging around 182-185. I'm waiting for an appointment with my doctor to talk about bio-identical hormones. That could very well be the problem.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I've done some delicious chicken legs using almond flour instead of wheat flour. You might give it a try.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I have used coconut flour to dust my chicken or pork chop in, on the rare occasion that I want something fried. Works great for me. I love the flavor.

Just my 2 cents...but I agree with Jenn. From all that I have read about gluten intolerance you almost have to treat yourself as a celiac patient. Until the gut is healed even a little dab is to much & if you are intolerant I would imagine that you would always be sensitive.

Glad to see you're feeling better!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I can feel the effects of gluten with even minimal amounts (like in a bar of chocolate!)...
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I took my car to the body shop today to have the door fixed - little assholes who broke into it have no idea how much trouble and money they have cost us! Then Enterprise picked me up and took me to the rental shop - I got a Dodge Durango. Pretty nice! Too much LUXERY for me though - I prefer my Pathfinder! The Durango has a push start/stop and all kinds of bells and whistles! I would have picked a compact but that's all they had at the moment. Its a VERY small rental site and they cater to the body shops so they don't have a large inventory like you would find at an airport. Our insurance pays 80% up to $500 so we won't have to pay too much. I guess I could have driven the dune buggy -

dunebuggy.jpg

But its not very comfortable - and its a stick. I know how to drive a stick - but its been a few years.........

Anyway........ tonight is the big bible study kick-off bbq at our house. We're ready The beans are heating up in the crock pot, the potato salad is chilled and the dessert is done. I decided to skip the ice cream - but I might pick up some cool whip on the way home from work. I also forgot to get 2 steaks for hubby and I. Its a bring your own meat thing. We were sitting on the patio yesterday making sure we had everything done and then realized we didn't have any meat for us. We have some frozen - but he wants me to buy some thick ones from Safeway.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    OMG dune buggy!!! I didn't know you had one! Does it have a Volkswagen air-cooled engine (from a Beetle)? My friend has one like that, but not nearly as nice. He also has one that he has built from scratch, just from a tube frame, but he's never managed to get it a title because he won't build an actual body for it. MA is strict about recreational vehicle laws.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes it has a VW Beetle engine Its a lot of fun. Hubby keeps it at the boat shop spring and summer and they use it for parts/lunch runs
    Read post #2626
    my motivation