Page 312 of 538 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 5374

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 312

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ugh - I started typing a post - then got distracted and opening another window to do a google search, then sent some emails - then accidently closed out the MDA window and lost my post! GRRRR............. oh well, I probably didn't have anything important in there anyway! :P

I got up early and went for a 3 mile bike ride. That felt good! I'll do Barre3 and some jump rope right after I get done with MDA journals.

Then I have to take the car to the repair shop for some photos to prep for the repairs. $1000 in damage caused by little punks who probably got a total of $30 worth of stuff from my car. GRRR! good thing we have insurance. But we still have to pay the $250 deductible.

Yesterday was a weird day at the office. I had to get payroll to the bookkeeper - something that I've only done once before. Sure hope I didn't screw anything up.

Food yesterday:

One large ground beef patty
    6 slices of thick bacon
    ketchup (oops, not whole30 compliant)

My right shoulder is all messed up again. I get bursitis pretty bad. I have to remember NOT to sleep with my arm up under my pillow at night.

Okay time to get moving. I've vowed to stop spending so much time on the computer in the mornings and to focus more on movement and chores. So, my posts will be shorter (and probably less boring!)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Gut report:

I've been 9 days back on a primarily protein diet. I have had small amounts of potato or squash almost daily. I have had rum 3 times, and m&m's 3 times.

Of the 9 days I have had diarrhea only twice - and that was in the 2 days during which I was eating the m&m's . I have put m&m's on my "this will make you miserably sick" list.

We are in our "NO RUM" during September

Hubby has taken all the oreo's to work!

I'm focusing on eating clean for the month --- with hopes of tummy healing - and fat melting.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Barre3 has some NEW online workouts! Yeah!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi. Glad to see Hubby is helping out a bit by taking those blasted oreos to work and committing to no rum for september.

Mark has a ketchup recipe on his blog that looks promising. Instead of sugar substitute, use 100% apple juice (but cooking it down to concentrate it will probably be necessary to get the recipe to work). 100% apple juice is a whole30 approved sweetener for recipes.

Here's the link to his recipe: Homemade Condiment Creations | Mark's Daily Apple
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    My hubby got really sick on M&M's, trail mix and potato chips the other day. He way overate and got sick at both ends. He has finally recognized the value of eating good food! I am very glad you were able to identify the culprit.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I sure wish my husband would get sick from eating the crap he puts in his mouth! I so envy people who have a spouse/partner on the same page and are in this together.

I am pleased that hubby took the cookies to work! It shows me he really cares. The other night he said he didn't have an issue with that kind of stuff, he said, "I can take it or leave it" ............... I said, "Honey, I have an issue with it!!! If I have ONE cookie --- I'm going to have TEN cookies!!!" I think he finally got the picture! We still have 2 large bags of M&Ms in the freezer - but knowing how sick they make me is reason enough to stay clear!

I'm at work............ don't like being on the internet while I'm at work - but need to wait for some stuff to mail before I can leave - so I'm wasting time. We're not supposed to be on FB .............. I did that. Hope I don't get in trouble. Sometimes I wonder if they monitor what we do on the computers. Will go see if the stuff is ready to go so I can go to the bank and the post office on my way home.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think very few companies actually monitor what sites you go to, but yes, it's possible.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

well, my boss used to have this program installed on a few of the computers - it took snaps shots of the screen images every 5 seconds. So in effect it was a "spy" program. There were a couple of employees many years ago that spent a little too much time surfing and not enough time doing real work. He showed me the program, and what they were doing online. No one got fired over it - and I don't think they were even confronted with it - but because of that I have always been very cautious about my breaking to visiting the net. I don't think he has that kind of a program installed anymore.............. but you never know. They used to have facebook blocked - but it isn't anymore. They THINK it still is......... but I can access it.

So - I've been thinking a lot about this Castro guy. The one who kidnapped the 3 girls and did unspeakable things to them for all those years. So - he hung himself. I say YEAH! Now we don't have to take care of him for the rest of his natural life - he's gone. He was ill........... yes. But he did terrible things and I thought he deserved the death penalty............ He gave himself the death penalty instead of facing life in prison. I read that some lady wants to hold the officers who were to be "watching" him accountable for this death. They won't say yet how he hung himself. I say what does it matter?

I was abused by a couple of very sick and demented men when I was just a baby.......... so was my sister - and it severely messed her up. She had multiple personalities as a result of the trauma she endured at the hands of 2 sick bastards. They deserved the death penalty. I just learned last week that the son of one of the men is now a convicted child molester and lives about one mile from me. No - those 2 men (brothers) were never tried and never received punishment for their deeds --- not in this life anyway.

I believe there is a special place in the deepest pits of hell for child molesters. Castro is there now - burning for all eternity - right beside Ron and Bruce LaMote. THATS JUSTICE!!! Life behind bars is babysitting so they can't hurt anyone else.

So - I say THANK YOU to Castro for doing what the judicial system failed to do.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Life behind bars is babysitting so they can't hurt anyone else.
    Agree, but also disagree, to an extent. I don't like the idea of babysitting them for all eternity, but at the same time, I don't think the death penalty allows for enough suffering for the criminals. With rapists and child molesters, seeing how they destroy the lives of their victims, I would rather see a more fitting punishment - something torturous. Like allowing rats to eat the weapon they used to violate their victims, etc.

This discussion is fitting as we just watched "The Invisible War" at work today. It's a 2 hour documentary on the truth behind sexual abuse in the Armed Forces and how it's always been swept under the rug and what they're doing to combat it. The victims accounts tear me up and to see that the military did nothing to protect them hurts my heart. I was never sexually assaulted while in the army but I know the feeling the girls had thinking the guys they served with were like brothers to them and believing that they would always protect them. It was a very sobering video and has made me think twice about ever letting either of my children join the armed forces.

Anyhow, I'll take this to my journal. I hope you're feeling well today, Tomi.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    All I can say is {{{hugs}}} and thanks for sharing, tomi.