Page 311 of 549 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 5489

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 311

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just ordered some off amazon that's organic. Worked okay, going to try heating the oil first next time though as some of it burned.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Complete fodmap list for a happy gut | Blog | Cassandra Forsythe Connecticut's Female Fitness and Nutrition Scientist

I find it interesting that the green onions are allowed. I have found this to be true for my cooking
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    What about jerky as a snack?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

cpmodem is offline Junior Member
    I second the pork rinds for the occasional snack for curbing salty-crunchy cravings. I too got burned out on them after over-indulging early in my VLC time. That's why I now recommend occasionally using them (if that's even possible). The ones from the Mexican markets are the best, IMHO. Oven roasted kale is also a great snack. My "secret" to getting past sweet cravings (I was a huge m&m lover in my SAD days) is coffee with heavy cream and sf sweetener. Not exactly paleo by any means but it helped me tremendously on my journey from 254# to my current 178# (6'1"). Now that I have lost my excess body fat and reduced my insulin, I am eating paleo to tweak my health for the rest of my life. I'm a LADA so low carbing will always be part of my lifestyle. For me, everyone is different, cutting out all grains and cereals plus added sugars was the only way I could completely eliminate the IBS, asthma, seasonal and pet allergies, and fungal infections that plagued me (I believe as a consequence of my autoimmune disease). Thank you so much for your input on fibromyalgia. My wife has suffered from this malady for 15 years and I hope I can get her off the nasty Rx drugs. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpmodem View Post
    Thank you so much for your input on fibromyalgia. My wife has suffered from this malady for 15 years and I hope I can get her off the nasty Rx drugs. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I hope you can help your wife change her diet and bring back her health. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I will pick up some pork rinds and see of that help.

Day 3 of whole30 .......................... I have not been 100%, but I'm not terribly far off.

The weekend at the lake was short. Saturday morning we moved SD#2 to her new apartment with BF. Beautiful/over a garage/in a WONDERFUL neighborhood apartment!!!! Its very tiny - and a little on the expensive side - but they feel comfortable with it. We are very happy to see her out of the yucky apartment she was in and into this nice new place. After we moved her out, drove 2 hours, picked up more stuff at 2 stops, and then moved them in to the new place we needed to help my son in choosing a new fridge. We left home on Saturday morning at 8:15 am -- and got home on Saturday evening at 8:15 pm. We were exhausted! Rum was had............. We relaxed on the patio with a roaring fire until after 11 and then slept wonderfully until 8 am.

We were at the lake by 11 on Sunday and spent all Sunday and most of Monday just enjoying the relaxation, eating great food and kayaking around the area. I estimate I spent about 3 hours in the kayak. Very enjoyable!!!

My whole30 slips were butter and Oreos. Will be correcting that now that the holiday weekend is over. I forgot to buy pork rinds for the boating weekend - my cashews quickly disappeared as the container was passed between 8 people on Saturday Leaving me with nothing to nibble and Oreos proved more tempting than my resolve could handle. I will estimate over the 2 days I ate 10 cookies. I took 3 bottles of kombucha and I think that helped me not nibble even more. There was an abundance of SAD foods - cookies, chips, pie and ice cream, red licorice, and more............. all of which I declined when it was pushed in my face -- so even though I ate some Oreos I do consider the weekend a marginal success since it could have been very much worse. Although butter is not whole30 approved I won't be completely eliminating it - but I use it rarely these days. On potatoes and shrimp is about it, as I have been cooking my eggs in olive oil for several months.

The gut has been in pretty good shape. I took diarrhea meds on Saturday only as a precaution. I had no diarrhea over the weekend - but a pretty good clean out this morning. No diarrhea, just an emptying of the bowels. I'm feeling good.

Weight on Sunday morning was 186. Not sure what the added 4 pounds was all about - but that will be my starting point for this whole30. I will not (okay, the plan is to NOT) weigh until October 1.

Physically I can feel the effects of the sugar on my joints and muscles - it doesn't take much to start feeling stiff and achy. It always starts in my feet and ankles.

Next weekend the boat comes out of the lake and is going in the Columbia for a month or 2. The guy trip is in 2 weeks - they will be going up river and spending 6 days on the boat - then hubby and I are going to do some river exploration and hiking. Since we don't have the 5th wheel ........... winter will be spent close to home. Aside from the October trip to Arizona we will be staying home. We will taking the kayaks to some beautiful mountains lakes as weather permits.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    What about jerky as a snack?
    I love jerky - but hate chewing on shoe leather which is mostly what you find at the grocery store. I'm going to try to make some at home. I found one at Costco that was all natural, no sugars - and baked instead of smoked or dehydrated. It was soft and yummy!! then I got a notice that it had been recalled due to a malfunction in the package sealing machine. I had already ate the whole package - and didn't get sick - so I guess my package was sealed properly. However - due to the recall they pulled it all off the shelves and I haven't been able to find it again. I wonder if trader joes has it??? It was called KRAVE and it was the teriyaki flavored. YUMMY!

Just googled it and I can order it online! will do that later today.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, I think Safeway might have KRAVE jerky.

awesome! I'll take a look on my way home today. Thanks!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Glad you had a great weekend. Thanks for the jerky info. Love it.