Page 309 of 538 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 5376

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 309

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Canio did a good job calming the waters.
    He's really good at that and at letting you know in a very effective non-confrontational way if he thinks you're off base.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Yes he is..........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I was doing to so good yesterday................. chicken soup, sushi ...................... then m&ms. UGH!

I'm beating myself up enough - so I don't need correction............. how 'bout some helpful how not to eat that advice?

My tummy is a bit on the icky side - not a lot of pain but some diarrhea.

Okay heres the thing............ sometimes I can eat the "wrong" foods and I have no problems at all ---- other times its not so good. Its like Russian Roulette I guess. If it was a gun to my head would I be willing to take the gamble that there isn't a bullet in the chamber??? NOOOOOOOOO............. then why do I do it with food? Well, the comparison is a bit of a stretch - diarrhea vs. death - not quite on the same level but whatever.

Maybe I'd rather eat the "wrong" food more than I don't want to be sick the next day? Is that it? Do I need to re-align my desires?

Health VS Relax and eat something yummy. Which is the stronger desire?

That depends on the time of day........ first thing in the morning - when I'm feeling crappy from something I ate yesterday, I want to be HEALTHY. By evening when I'm feeling fine - and I want to relax and have a dessert with my husband -- I want the treat.

I need to find a TREAT that doesn't make me sick.

These things make me sick:

Chocolate - yes, even dark
    Dairy (unless I have Lactaid)
    Grains
    Sugar
    Fruit (the FODMAPS thing)

So............ I feel like I'm sorta screwed when it comes to finding a TREAT that is safe for me to eat.

This is where I tell myself to go find those B.G.P.s again.

Here's the plan for September.

Whole30 ---- which obviously includes no alcohol - but I'm going to say it anyway - NO rum. Hubby already agreed we will have no rum in the house during September. Round 4 whole30 attempt. Somehow I skipped the "3rd times a charm" thing.

First attempt - 9 days
    Second attempt - 3 days (forgot dairy was out and I had butter daily)
    Third attempt - 19 days of 100% (if memory is correct)

Goals for doing a Whole30?

1. have a diarrhea free month
    2. reduce bloat and inflammation
    3. lose some weight, maybe get into the 170s
    4. stop the rum habit

Road bumps to be aware of and prepared for?

1. eating out
    2. cravings for sweets
    3. desire to chill (rum)
    4. wanting to say "screw it"
    5. hubby's bad influence

Whole30 starts today.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    how 'bout some helpful how not to eat that advice?
    Don't buy them. Don't put them in your mouth.

Not helpful in a 'magic bullet' sense, but honestly that is the only way to really not eat them. It's kind of like "how do I not get pregnant?" Well, the only sure fire way is not to have sex, but again, the obvious answer is not always the one we want to hear.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Some thoughts on FODMAPS, check out the things linked in this blog (part 1, 2, 3)
    How to Heal Leaky Gut - The Food Lovers Kitchen
    I believe the blogger wrote a follow-up on their treatment at some point too.

As for the desserts... I feel your pain =\ I did some searching and not much is coming up for the sweet tooth dealing with low-FODMAPS. I think the best way for you to combat it is to avoid getting too hungry, make sure you are eating sufficiently, and drink LOTS of bone broth. Not only is it healing, it will help keep you feeling full and probably less prone to snacking.
    How to overcome cravings (desserts, sweets) Purely Talk | purelytwins

*hugs*
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Don't buy them. Don't put them in your mouth.

Not helpful in a 'magic bullet' sense, but honestly that is the only way to really not eat them. It's kind of like "how do I not get pregnant?" Well, the only sure fire way is not to have sex, but again, the obvious answer is not always the one we want to hear.
    Plain and simple!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Some thoughts on FODMAPS, check out the things linked in this blog (part 1, 2, 3)
    How to Heal Leaky Gut - The Food Lovers Kitchen
    I believe the blogger wrote a follow-up on their treatment at some point too.

As for the desserts... I feel your pain =\ I did some searching and not much is coming up for the sweet tooth dealing with low-FODMAPS. I think the best way for you to combat it is to avoid getting too hungry, make sure you are eating sufficiently, and drink LOTS of bone broth. Not only is it healing, it will help keep you feeling full and probably less prone to snacking.
    How to overcome cravings (desserts, sweets) Purely Talk | purelytwins

*hugs*
    thanks. I had 2 bowls of chicken soup yesterday, then the sushi .................. then just didn't care and sat down on the couch with hubby and a bag of m&ms. We both ate too many - but he can eat anything and doesn't get sick or even feel yucky. I was feeling nauseous when I went to bed and pretty yucko all night.

My head just isn't in this. I continue to eat the things that I know are keeping me from getting healthy. Instant gratification is winning over long term health. How do I get me head in the right place to slay the dragon?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Whole30................ that's my answer.

Need to find my determination.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Whole30 can be stressful in itself. It is a great experience though if you've got control over it!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    What about some of these instead of M&Ms?

This is 3 bags, so don't be scared by the price. They're comparable to regular semi-sweet chocs but oh so good and oh so less guilt inducing.

Three ingredients: Evapoarted Cane Juice (sugar, essentially), natural chocolate liquor (alcohol free), non-dairy cocoa butter.

I guess if chocolate causes problems on its won, then these won't work, but on the flip side, it could instead be any one of the additives they put in chocolate that is causing the problem - soy derivatives, dairy, etc. These are dairy, nut and soy free. Yummo.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 08-30-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I'm not sure what it is about chocolate - its made me sick all my life.......... but I adore it! I've gone through periods where I could eat it and nothing bad would happen. But I think if there is any irritation or inflammation at all - then the chocolate just makes it worse. I swore off chocolate for about 3 years in the '90s. I think its time to do it again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation