Page 303 of 521 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 5201

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 303

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Have you gone to www.PaleoHacks.com to see if they can offer any insight? That place can be a wealth of valuable knowledge if you look deep enough. Of course, they'll tell you to stay away from any and all grains, even in your minute 10 chip limits.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I've pissed off some people because of the short responses and lack of responses. If so - I'm sorry - but I feel I've been pushed into going a direction that is not right for my needs. Instead of pushing me to do something different I needed encouragement to keep fighting to stay on the path I was traveling. I felt that was the right path - even though it was a difficult path. In all the journals I follow I have never seen so much lack up support and empathy. In personal messages I've had others tell me they have been careful of what they write in their own journals because of the response I've been getting in mine. that's not right.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Have you gone to Paleo Diet, Paleolithic Diet and Lifestyle Questions and Answers to see if they can offer any insight? That place can be a wealth of valuable knowledge if you look deep enough. Of course, they'll tell you to stay away from any and all grains, even in your minute 10 chip limits.
    I haven't looked there for info specifically - but I'll see what I can find. I have looked at the sight a couple times.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    In all the journals I follow I have never seen so much lack up support and empathy. In personal messages I've had others tell me they have been careful of what they write in their own journals because of the response I've been getting in mine. that's not right.
    I'll be honest, I am frustrated, but I realize it's stupid to be frustrated. It's your choice to eat however you feel is best. I don't mean to be pushy, I just know how I'd handle things if I was in your situation. I just want to share that with you, I guess. That doesn't come across well in text and I think that's important to remember too.

This reminds me of when I've griped about Hulky in my journal and honestly felt attacked in people's responses. I had to step back & remember that you guys don't know us. You don't know him. The venting in my journal is not the whole picture and people forget that and can only respond to what they see. That's okay.

But you are right that empathy is lacking and I am sorry for my part in that. I don't intend to be unsupportive and I hope that your chosen path works for you.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I feel like I've pissed off some people because of the short responses and lack of responses. If so - I'm sorry - but I feel I've been pushed into going a direction that is not right for my needs. Instead of pushing me to do something different I needed encouragement to keep fighting to stay on the path I was traveling. I felt that was the right path - even though it was a difficult path. In all the journals I follow I have never seen so much lack up support and empathy. In personal messages I've had others tell me they have been careful of what they write in their own journals because of the response I've been getting in mine. that's not right.
    I'm not trying to be unempathetic. I've given all the suggestions I can think of, so all that's left is hoping you find what works for you. The only thing I can think of is to go full-blown Whole30, no slips, no cheats, no excuses, but you've tried that before and struggled, so suggesting it will be pointless... so, since I have nothing to add that would be constructive, I simply wish you luck in finding what works for you. I'm completely at a loss. My short responses aren't b/c I don't want to support or b/c I'm pissed off or anything else like that - it's simply that I have nothing to add, but want you to know I'm still reading and hoping you find what works. You definitely have my sympathy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I can understand people getting frustrating with my fumbling and flailing to make this work. But I see others stumbling and falling too. I know by the lack of postings on my journal that I have frustrated some people into ignoring me.

Lots of us are trying to tweak things to fix a problem we have and lots of us are unable to stay the course 100%. There are people with diarrhea, constipation, binging, sugar addiction............ and things people struggle with but chose not to share.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I know by the lack of postings on my journal that I have frustrated some people into ignoring me.
    I don't think you should make that assumption. Sometimes, people just don't have anything to say or don't know what to say. I've found that people tend not to post on Mondays, for example, probably because they are too busy getting back into their work week . I don't want to put feelings in your head, but this reads to me as you blaming yourself for other people's actions.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

you're right on that one. But things have been pretty quiet in my journal for the past week. I guess I fear people are gonna give up on me cuz I'm not following the advice to stay 100% primal.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    If it matters, I'm reading but only post when I have some worthwhile input. I'm hoping to read one day that you've found your solution. Since I haven't found mine, I don't have too much extra insight.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with NW. Sometimes we don't feel the we can be helpful. In addition, I have also toned down posts about my husband because I know people post intense stuff because they get upset for me.

I would like you to think about stopping the probiotic for a while. Your elimination issues remind me of when I first started 5 lac.