Page 301 of 581 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 5807

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 301

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Some further reading I'd recommend, if you haven't already read it, is Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Degaudas. She explains the length of time it takes to heal the gut and why it takes so long. I think it'd be beneficial for you to read it.
    I'll second the recommendation for Primal Body, Primal Mind. It is the book that convinced me to read the PBP and give Primal a try.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    1200 calories is way too low for the amount of exercise you are getting. When I was eating that way and walking at least 50 miles a week my weight went nowhere. Up your calories and you'll see a change.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    1200 calories is way too low for the amount of exercise you are getting. When I was eating that way and walking at least 50 miles a week my weight went nowhere. Up your calories and you'll see a change.
    +1

tomi is offline Senior Member
    My doctor did some "stand on this thingy and I'll tell you your BMR" .......... according the machine I maintain my weight eating 1500 calories a day doing nothing but sitting on the couch and reading a book all day. She told me eat between 1200-1500 calories a day and you will lose.

I'll try to eat a little closer to 1500 and see what happens.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

food report for yesterday:

1 egg in olive oil
    some cashews
    paleo meatloaf (for lunch and dinner)
    ketchup (no HFCS - yes sugar)
    cauliflower w/butter
    a few bites of cantaloupe and a couple dozen grapes (very small grapes)

got very sick after lunch of meatloaf and ketchup.

Workout yesterday - major yard work.

Went to bed feeling hungry, but not wanting to eat.

Got up hungry, but needed to take mom shopping, bought Kombucha and raw cashews (3/4 cup-ish) to eat after shopping. Had 2 very painful cramps in my stomach region.

Ate 3 eggs cooked in olive oil. Drinking a second Kombucha now. It seems to be soothing to my gut. I don't care what it costs at this point - it feels good to my insides. After cashews, eggs and 2 bottles of kombucha I'm feeling extremely bloated. Could it be the raw cashews? the roasted ones haven't made me feel bloated, that's why I've been snacking on them.

I have 11 bottles saved up and will try to start making my own Kombucha next week. Need to order scoby. Need to find very clear and easy to follow directions on how to make kombucha.

Bought paint for exterior trim - but didn't start painting yet.

Bought steaks for dinner. I'm glad its Friday.......... wish we leaving for the lake tonight - but hubby will need to work in the morning.
    Last edited by tomi; 08-23-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    That's a lot of Kombucha. I'd limit to a bottle a day. If your gut has bacterial issues, you don't want to overpopulate!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

well as nasty as my gut is I'm sure there is far more bad bacteria in there so I'm sure giving it lots of the good stuff can't hurt once in a while.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Tomi- if you go look on the culturesforhealth website, they give directions for growing your own SCOBY. You just use the dregs from some store-bouth raw and unpasturized kombucha. It is very easy. Mine only took 11 days to grow. Much cheaper than buying one.

Yes I watched a youtube video yesterday about doing just that. I have some jars to grow the scoby and today I'm going to guy a bottle of the plain stuff. Kombucha will be flowing from my kitchen in no time. - ok, in 3-4 weeks

I'm gonna start with some ginger concoction and probably move on to peach, strawberry, mango............. who knows? I'm very excited! I need to buy a larger glass jar for the actual brewing.

weight 182

Today is painting day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hope the painting went well!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html