Page 30 of 598 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 30

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Tomi! So glad I was an inspiration! I'm very happy with my progress on the Whole30. I'm breaking some rules though... I *AM* weighing every day b/c it's what I do... I quit weighing once for an entire month as part of a challenge and gained 6 lbs despite tracking calories in vs calories out. The scale stays. lol Since Friday, I've lost 3 lbs!!

For me it's been difficult to give up the dairy and sugar. I'm a cheese person. I ate cheese nearly every day. And some yogurt. Some sour cream and a bit of cream cheese (it's what I use to make pancakes now). I miss my sour cream and cheese. But, at least they're fermented so when the 30 days is up, I'll see how they affect me.

Good luck with your Whole30!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The cream from a can of coconut milk works well for so many things. Put a can in the fridge for a few hours, then remove the top, and scoop out the thickened portion. So much yummy! Depending on the brand of coconut milk it can be more or less coconut tasting and/or sweet.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pererlale View Post
    How are your muscle pains with the statins now? You may want to consider adding a CoQ10 supplement as it can sometimes stop the muscle pain from statins. Also, you could post your cholesterol labs on the forum (with the LDL, HDL, Trig breakdown).
    The muscle pain went away when I stopped the statins. I only took them for about 10 days, then emailed my doctor and said I wasn't going to take them anymore. I'm seeing her on Thursday and I'm going to ask about colestid - because I also have troubles with chronic diarrhea, and that med is supposed to bind with bile salts - resulting in less cholesterol in the blood, AND less diarrhea from too much bile salts in the bowels. If she runs another cholesterol panel this week I will post the numbers. I take CoQ10 daily.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Yesterday was great for the eating part! Okay, I guess it doesn't hurt to post the menu (right, Judg?) So here is what I had yesterday:

After a 22 hour fast - shredded roast beef
    dinner: cod fillet fried in ghee, with sweet potato, carrots and brocolli

And -- confession time -- I DID step on the scale this morning. 188!!! a new low for me since going primal. I think I'm going to ignore those rules about not weighing or measuring or tracking or stepping on the scales! The IMPORTANT part is eating right and thats what I will be a stickler on for this 30 day experiment.

Activity for yesterday was not good as I'm fighting a virus - although I feel much better today. Just a bit stiff and headachy right now. I think I will go have a nice soak in the jaccuzi and see if that makes a difference. I wish I had some lavendar or something to add to the water. Maybe some Epsom Salts (I'm not ingesting it so it shouldn't cause bowel issues! HAHA!)

I'm noticing a definite pattern with the calcium and diarrhea. 1000 mg/day isn't enough to control the diarrhea, but 2000 mg/day seems to do the trick. I have actually skipped a day of "going" when taking the higher dose! So, I'm trying to keep doing that until I see the doc Thursday and see what she thinks. If I can just keep taking the calcium to control the diarrhea then thats what I'm going to do. My doctor is currently at a seminar about treating the "cause" of an illness instead of just masking the symptoms! I'm anxious to find out what she has to say on Thursday. She's a very forward thinking doctor - she wants to treat her patients with healing foods, behavior modification and natural things rather than pharmaceuticals! And she wants to get the rest of the doctors in the community to get on board. She says this is a new but growning trend in medicine! Lets put these pill pushing pharmaceutical companies out of business!

Its a beautiful day outside - wish I felt good enough to go for a walk........ maybe after work this afternoon. I think I'll check a few more journals and then go have that soak before I have to get ready for work.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

My doctor is cool like that too. She's actually a paleo lifestyler too. She pushes my husband to follow me on the Primal Blueprint and suggested the Whole30 to him the last time he was in there (with one of the kids, no doubt). she was excited when I told her I was going to try to control my depression and anxiety with diet. My psychiatrist, not so much, but my osteopath, very much. lol

I still weigh while doing the Whole30. I don't think it matters. The reason I think they tell people not to weigh is so that they concentrate on getting the right foods and not thinking about weight - or so that they can see the shock in their faces when they check their weight at the end of the 30 days!! I'm just shocked that the last 4 1/2 days have yielded a 3 lb loss!! Water or fat... 3 lbs is 3 lbs!

I've had an unhappy gut today and I don't know what I did to make it angry. I already take 1200 mg of calcium a day. I've been eating whole30 approved foods... must be a bacterial or viral thing b/c I haven't eaten anything that should be causing a problem...

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, would you mind sharing your doctor's name?

Jenn - sorry your feeling yucky. Hopefully it will subside as the day passes and you'll be fine by tomorrow. Yeah on the 3 pounds! Thats awesome even if it is just water I'm totally into that number on the scale - sounds like your are too - so as long as its long muscle loss - a pound counts!

I had a left over peice of cod for breakfast - does is get any better than fish for breakfast???? Yummy - and so full of good protein! NO carbs and minimal fat.

Okay so I'm laying there, soaking in tub and out the window I see -- HAIL and snow flakes!!!!! Its JUNE! Can someone please help me figure out how to ask Mother Nature to get her calendar on the right page please!!!! good grief!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

snow?? Crazy. One night at the races it started drizzling. It was cold out so the drizzle froze, creating teeny tiny flakes in May. My sister and I agreed that it was snow, but no one else believed us.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Tomi, would you mind sharing your doctor's name?
    Its Dr. Dacker at Vida Health on Liberty St. She's great! She endorses paleo, even has classes on it - and she goes to the Crossfit here in town also. I'm not sure if she is taking new patients right now - I waited almost 2 years to get an appt. but it was worth the wait. Let me know if you get in!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Its Dr. Dacker at Vida Health on Liberty St. She's great! She endorses paleo, even has classes on it - and she goes to the Crossfit here in town also. I'm not sure if she is taking new patients right now - I waited almost 2 years to get an appt. but it was worth the wait. Let me know if you get in!
    Thanks Tomi!!!