Page 296 of 564 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5636

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 296

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I am breaking my obsession with the number on the scale. Slow to come - but I am seeing that my body is changing with the work I am doing and the number on the scale is remaining the same. That means I'm replacing fat with muscle which is a very good thing.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Fasting is supposed to be bad for the thyroid - and I'm hypothyroid on Armour.

I have done it though - and don't see any difference in my gut response.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I don't think meal timing is going to make a difference, but just my feeling, no scientific insight on that. I'm going to review some parts of Breaking the Vicious Cycle within the next couple of days for you. Some of what you said jogged my memory and I want to review the text. It goes over how celiac disease works & damage to intestines etc.
    anxious to hear what you find
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hi, Tomi! I'm gonna run back through a few pages and catch up, but thought I'd say hi first.
    Hi NK!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 Guest
    Not to be the voice of doubt but Debbie in the article went from 155 to a size 0 with correct nutrition and then back up to 155 with muscle gain (and presumably correct nutrition). She did not miraculously transform fat into muscle. From what I have read it is very difficult to gain substantial muscle while also reducing fat significantly. The woman in the article cut fat first then gained the muscle.

Also, I hear it quite often that "Yeah, I am just gaining muscle" believe me, it does not happen that easily. It is far easier to lose 20 pounds than it is to gain 20 pounds of muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Not to be the voice of doubt but Debbie in the article went from 155 to a size 0 with correct nutrition and then back up to 155 with muscle gain (and presumably correct nutrition). She did not miraculously transform fat into muscle. From what I have read it is very difficult to gain substantial muscle while also reducing fat significantly. The woman in the article cut fat first then gained the muscle.

Also, I hear it quite often that "Yeah, I am just gaining muscle" believe me, it does not happen that easily. It is far easier to lose 20 pounds than it is to gain 20 pounds of muscle.
    I saw that too. The scales are a guide just like everything else. Yes I step on the scales every day - but I could be obsessed with trying to pull on the same pair of pants every day too - one is supposed to be evil and the other good? Bottom line - both are indicators of success or failure.............. if the pants don't fit I'm still not progressing towards my goal. Just as if the number on the scale isn't moving I'm not progressing towards my goal. Either way I'm measuring progress. Using a pair of pants or stretching a measuring tape around my hips............ same thing. I'm checking to see if I'm making progress.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 Guest
    Progress is good

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The scale and I have an understanding: it shows me a number, I laugh or shrug or gape, it goes back in the cabinet and I forget the number. I have a couple pairs of jeans for thin days, one for heavier days, and 5 million for normal days. I've worn all 3 sizes at light, normal, and heavy weight days. The scale lies. So does the tape measure. The mirror and feeling good don't.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

exactly The mirror doesn't lie - period. Either you like that reflection or you don't. Personally I'm liking mine a little tiny bit more each day - but its slow going. I'd like the liking to move a bit faster!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Okay food report:

1 egg cooked in olive oil
    2 oz roasted chicken
    about 10 cashews
    some grapes
    Kombucha (Gingerade) YUM!
    5 oz Chicken breast
    Dinner will be a small T-bone and mashed cauliflower with butter.

I'm guessing on the oz's cuz I didn't measure - just wanted to give you an idea of volumn.

I'm not tracking calories anymore so I don't know how much it is.

Gut report:

Been a good day No pain, no BM.

My hubby butt dialed me from work............. and I over heard him talking to someone about me! He's telling them about what I eat and why and how its made a huge difference in my physical abilities but hasn't done anything to fix the diarrhea problem. He was telling someone that all the people on some paleo website convinced me to go back to eating veggies again. He was talking about how we don't any breads or pastas and he said "I really love those things, but I don't miss them at all" That was good to hear cuz I was afraid he was just being nice and not telling me he really hated not having those foods at home anymore. So I'm glad I eased dropped on his conversation! Technically HE CALLED ME ............. so I wasn't really doing anything sneaky. I called him after a bit and told him I was listening!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation