Page 294 of 538 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 5375

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 294

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    If I thought/knew an episode of diarrhea was likely and I had to be out and about I would take Imodium about 30 minutes before I left the house. If an episode happened I would take it again. I carried it with me at all times. In fact there's probably some in my purse right now.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Oh got it. Yes, I always keep an anti-diarrheal in my purse just in case. I try not to use if at all possible - but its always there in case of emergencies. I haven't eaten yet this morning - eating is normally what starts the digestive tract moving and shaking! I just finished Barre3 30 minute total body workout and will make some eggs before I jump rope - need to give the legs a break!!! Crossing my fingers there will be no troubles today.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

30 minutes Barre3 - with a couple "oh my gosh I'm dying" pauses!

110 jump ropes

3 eggs in olive oil
    1 roasted chicken leg (yum)

Going to the lake armed with grapes, cantaloupe, jerky, chicken, ground beef and nuts. Kombucha and water. We don't take alcohol to the boat so no worries tonight
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Oh got it. Yes, I always keep an anti-diarrheal in my purse just in case. I try not to use if at all possible - but its always there in case of emergencies. I haven't eaten yet this morning - eating is normally what starts the digestive tract moving and shaking! I just finished Barre3 30 minute total body workout and will make some eggs before I jump rope - need to give the legs a break!!! Crossing my fingers there will be no troubles today.
    I did my Barre3 40 min Total Body Lift Workout DVD this morning. And 3 fitnessblender videos-1 for arms/shoulders, 1 kickboxing cardio abs, and 1 butt and thigh.

I hope you lake trip goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I did my Barre3 40 min Total Body Lift Workout DVD this morning. And 3 fitnessblender videos-1 for arms/shoulders, 1 kickboxing cardio abs, and 1 butt and thigh.

I hope you lake trip goes smoothly.
    Nice job, Marcadav!!!! You kick butt!

Lake trip was wonderful. I stayed 100% paleo all weekend. Even with temptations such a m&m's and corn chips.

I'm feeling good. My last really bad gut day was the 9th.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Monday morning.

Report yesterday food:

Ground beef (grass fed)
    roasted chicken
    grapes
    cantaloupe
    nuts
    eggs

Gut: Had a clean out upon rising this morning - but I'm not anticipating any other issues. *fingers crossed*

Weight: 180 I'm pretty happy with that!

We had a small incident at the lake this weekend. Some little punks punctured the lock on my car with screw driver - stole my GPS and Iphone charger, some CDs and a gift card to Original Pancake House (not that I was going to use that anyway) - They left the change in the cup holder. Another car was broken into and they stole a case of hard cider. Our neighbors are police officers and they said the kids who live around the lakes in Oregon know where and when they can to get good stuff that's easy to sell and untraceable, most are on foot so they don't take large/heavy stuff. I'm sure my GPS and phone charger will show up on craigslist in the next couple days. I don't really have a problem with the GPS since I use my phone for that now, but I will need to go buy a new phone charger and that pisses me off. Plus the expense of having the lock on my car fixed. Luckily there is no body damage. They opened up the back of the Pathfinder and looked under the floor where the jack and stuff are kept - but didn't take anything that we can see. The police neighbors said a lot of people keep valuables in there (wallet and such) when they are at the lake. I'm not dumb enough to leave valuables in my car! And I'm not longer going to tuck my purse under the seat when I don't feel like carrying it! Be careful people!

I just don't understand that minds of people who do stuff like that. It makes me sad to think there are people in this world who have so little respect for others. I just don't get it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

crossing fingers isn't working on keeping the gut happy. multiple trips to the bathroom and a general abdominal BLAHHHH and ache!

Eating 3 eggs right now - hoping I just need a little food to calm things down.

Last night hubby asked me to join him in a rum/diet coke - and smiled nicely and shook my head "no". I'm saying this only to pat myself on the back for staying strong in my commitment to clean eating. I don't mean to make hubby sound like an insensitive jerk - he just doesn't understand the connection between what goes in your mouth and your overall health. He is starting to get it - but is not liking it. He has no ill effects from anything he eats and so he's having a really hard time wrapping his brain around the connection. Having spent his first 9 years in India - his digestive system became accustomed to all kinds of things that most of the world is not able to handle. He has gut enzymes I am likely to never have. Once we were out crabbing and someone had left a package of jerky in the boat from a prior fishing trip - not knowing it was not fresh we both ate some of it. I got violently ill about 5 hours later --- stuff was coming out of me from every conceivable orifice! But he didn't even get a little tummy ache. So, although he has compassion for my gut issues - he just isn't able to empathize. And so I am constantly resisting his offerings of "all things bad".

We have to have the boat out of the lake by Sept 11 - so we will be taking it out on the 7th or 8th The Core of Engineers is dropping the reservoir at the normal rate (so the level of Willamette stays constant) but we have had such a dry summer that there is no mountain run off feeding the reservoir - so the level is dropping at very shocking rate! Its down about 15 feet from last weekend. Hubby wants to get moorage in Portland on the Willamette or Columbia for a month so our boating time isn't over yet. I'm not sure I want the expense but what I want rarely matters when it comes to boats/trucks/cars or anything else that is somehow motorized. I'm sure he will find a place to put it. He and his buddy's are planning their Sept. guy trip - this time they are staying close - actually just going up the Columbia instead of going up into the San Juan's and into Canada. But, the trip is one day longer than normal. A full week this time. And they will take our boat since it is the only one ready to go and big enough for the 4 of them. Two of the other guys have boats of similar size, but they all have problems that make it unwise to take on a long trip.

I've done 110 jumpropes and now will do Barre3 and some bowflex. Then need to get ready for work............ I'd sure love to have a week off! Dang bills.......... they spoil all my fun!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Forgot to mention --- I have accomplished one of my summer goals. I have moved the desks and have made an office space in the former TV room. I now have the laptop connected to a larger monitor and keyboard and mouse and printer and I have a second desk for spreading out all the stuff needed to do the books for the boatshop! My desk gives me a beautiful view of the backyard

Unfortunately my gut still hurts..................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Hm... could be from the grapes, cantaloupe, or nuts?

Do you have any peppermint or ginger tea?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I hope you're feeling better soon, Tomi. I know it's hard to continue on this path knowing that zero carb seems to help, but I'm with marcadav on this one. You should probably stick with full paleo and just eliminate the 3 big offenders for a while. Back and forth between zero carb and carb binge by way of nuts and corn chips and gluten and sugar is not good for your system. Nice insulin shock and all. Best to eat in a manner that stabilizes the blood sugar, but eliminates the big 3, then work from there if this doesn't work. I'm also inclined to say that it's going to take months to heal. I didn't believe it either until I read Primal Body Primal Mind. Nora says it can take 18 months to recover from one meal with gluten in it.

Keep it going. You'll find your finish line.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)