Page 293 of 608 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 6080

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 293

Greensprout is offline Senior Member

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I would wonder if you're eating enough. I often stall weight wise when I don't eat enough. It sounds so strange. But when was the last time you allowed yourself to "binge" on primal approved foods? And I know you aren't generally hungry in the morning, but would you be willing to change things up and try eating breakfast for a while? You've been making attempts for a few months now and not having the results you want, so I think it's time to change something. Try having tea/coffee in the morning... perhaps that could even help with digestion? I just got a ginger tea from trader joe's and squeeze a 1/4 lemon into it, along with a squirt of honey. This helps to get my appetite going in the morning and seems to be helping with any digestion issues I was having. Fresh squeezed lemon in warm water can help your body in its detoxing efforts. Just trying to offer some alternatives.
    Yes - I wonder that also. I will try to eat breakfast when I get up instead of waiting to eat before I leave for work. I will probably need to eat something before work also cuz an early breakfast isn't gonna hold me until dinner at 7:30 or 8:00 pm. Tea/coffee give me heart burn so I quit both of those awhile ago -- coffee several years ago - tea just in the last year. I might try the ginger tea as it wouldn't have the acid (tannins ??) that regular tea has.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

there seems to be a consensus here that my gut issues are caused from eating the "bad" foods. I would absolutely agree that they are part of the problem - but not the entire problem. However.............. I will go with the majority opinion and try it your way.

100% primal (less dairy) and 3 meals a day.

I'll report daily what I'm eating and how my gut is reacting.

I really hope you're all on target with this cuz I sure need to get healthy.

I better go stalk up on kombucha so I have something fun to drink tonight while hubby is having rum/coke.

I'll get some veggies and fruit for snacking.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

First daily report -

Food yesterday:
    3 small Kokanee (land locked salmon about 8" long)
    1/2 small chicken breast
    3 eggs
    handful of cashews
    water

Gut today:
    nice healthy BM this morning. No pain.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Went to the grocery store. Bought grapes and a cantaloupe - cauliflower, potatoes and sweet potatoes, and a butternut squash.

Dinner tonight will be chicken breast and 1/2 acorn squash with butter.

I bought 5 bottles of Kombucha (When I've saved up a dozen bottles I will start making my own)

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow - hubby will want to spend the weekend at the lake and if I'm sick he isn't going to be happy.

I took out a whole chicken to roast - that will be meat to take to the boat, plus either fish or hamburger.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Went to the grocery store. Bought grapes and a cantaloupe - cauliflower, potatoes and sweet potatoes, and a butternut squash.

Dinner tonight will be chicken breast and 1/2 acorn squash with butter.

I bought 5 bottles of Kombucha (When I've saved up a dozen bottles I will start making my own)

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow - hubby will want to spend the weekend at the lake and if I'm sick he isn't going to be happy.

I took out a whole chicken to roast - that will be meat to take to the boat, plus either fish or hamburger.
    What did you cook squash with? I'm thinking paleo not primal, but its your tummy.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Go/be prepared. Any sign of tummy trouble, make a preemptive strike against it with meds.

You can not expect to see instant resolution of your symptoms. Eating clean-no grains, sugar, alcohol, junk-- has a good chance of healing your gut and resolving symptoms, over time.

Think back, how long did it take for your fibro issues to resolve when you changed things? And how fast and/or severe do they return if you slide?

Tomi, I know I sound like a broken record. However, I really think you'll see things improve over time with clean, but not too restrictive, food/drink choices. I'm proof that diarrhea doesn't have to haunt your life on a daily basis.

I look forward to the time when you've been symptom free for so long that you can't remember the last time you had to be "late" to work because you needed to stay close to the bathroom.

I cooked the squash with butter - I'm lactose intolerant - but I can eat butter and most cheese without any issues. Its milk and cream that give me issues. Never have been able to figure that one out.

I ate a little chicken - it had a funky texture, almost rubber band like - and I just couldn't handle it. (Costco bagged chicken is getting very poor quality lately) ......... 1/2 acorn squash with butter and white potatoes with butter and seasoning. I also ate about 6 cashews.

Hubby had rum - I had water.

What kind of meds are you talking about? Like antiacids?

When I started eating primal my fibro pain and fatigue was gone by the third day. If I eat something like bread or beans - the pain in back in probably and hour - and gone after maybe 3 hours. Very weird........

So - if I'm sick tomorrow I won't jump to conclusions and blame the veggies.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    i look forward to the time when you've been symptom free for so long that you can't remember the last time you had to be "late" to work because you needed to stay close to the bathroom.
    me too!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saturday - August 17th, 2013

Thinking about the fact that I've been on this primal journey for nearly 2 years. I started October 30th, 2011. I'm much healthier as far as no fibro symptoms and better cholesterol numbers. I am much stronger and less flabby. I started primal at 206 pounds and I now weigh 183 pounds. 23 pounds in 22 months. Nothing impressive - however, research shows that weight that comes off slowly is much less likely to return so that's something to be happy about. My doctor told me she wanted me to lose the weight very slowly - I guess I'm complying........ only not out of choice ............... or maybe I it is out choice since it has been my POOR choices that have caused the weight to come off so slowly. Looking back over my progress I see that I go LONG periods with no weight loss and then over the course of a couple months I drop 10 pounds. I'm ready for the next 10! Weight 183 and holding. On August 17, 2012 I was 191. So in a year I have dropped only 8 pounds. That's pathetic. But - at least its going down and not up

Okay, daily report:

food yesterday:
    chicken breast - no sauce
    1/2 accord squash with butter
    Yukon Gold potatoes with butter
    nuts
    water

I managed to get through the evening with no rum - even though I mixed hubby 2 drinks. Proud of myself for sticking to my commitment - cuz he was not terribly supportive of my choice to give it up while trying to heal my gut.

I was up early this morning and already have a chicken in the oven and a load of laundry in the wash. I will do a Barre3 and some jump rope - then pick up doggy droppings and mow the grass. Start a second load of laundry, shower and pack for the lake. I need to cut up the cantaloupe and chicken, take out some hamburger and make a list of what we need to grab at the store. Costco has a jerky that is all natural and oven baked instead of smoked - its very soft, a weird texture for jerky, but I like it. Hope they have it cuz a couple weeks ago there was a recall due to faulty seals in the packaging - risking spoilage.

I started moving desks to make a new office space in the room that used to be the tv room - then it became the computer room/ exercise room - now its still exercise room, but will double as my office space - hence relieving the dining room table of clutter and laptop. Its not working quite as I had envisioned, but I think it will work. Winters are very cold in that room I may need to get a small space heater.

I need to finish the staining and paint all the outside trim wood before the weather turns chilly. There isn't much wood trim as the house was re-sided with vinyl in 1999 when they did the remodel. However, the old sections of the house still have some wood trim around the windows, and the front porch pillars are also wood. I could easily knock it out in a day, but its one of those projects that is easily pushed off. I will involve getting on the roof to do the second story windows and I'm not thrilled about that.

time to go meet Sadie and do some body work!
    Last edited by tomi; 08-17-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation