Page 290 of 568 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 5671

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 290

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just ordered a good probiotic and it should be delivered in a few days.

Eating out is difficult unless we go to a steak house. But sometimes hubby wants Mexican

Onions are a no no on Fodmaps so I would need to leave that out. I might give this a try. I bought carrots and celery and I think I have a whole chicken in the freezer. I think I will make the soup this weekend.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I will say it again-- I think it is impossible to tell what exactly is irritating your gut/causing your issues.There has not been a significant time frame of eating clean primal approved foods only.

My experience taught me that my issues only resolved after MONTHS of staying away from grains(including corn & rice), sugar and alcohol. I did not try to assign responsibility to any food during the early months of changing my ways. Imodium was my friend until it was no longer needed.

Another thing-- restaurant food was always problematic for me. Beans at a Mexican place had been off my food list for years.

I suggest picking things you will routinely eat. For me, it was eggs with low sugar/splenda ketchup and bacon for breakfast. Or tri-tip roast with ketchup, bacon, and cheese-maybe some veggies.

Lunch was a salad with chicken, turkey, or ham with a low carb muffin. Or meat, cheese, veggie plate. Once a week I'd make tuna salad and use celery as a spoon.

Dinner was meat, veggies,usually. Sometimes I would make cheeseburger pie with a salad or baked spaghetti subbing cabbage for the noodles.

I also suggest you prepare for those walk in the door from work starving times. Cook up some chicken or any meat, slice, freeze and then take slices out as needed, defrost in the microwave, eat.

Some tough love-- you repeatedly say you want to heal your gut yet routinely veer off course. I have said in the past that the first step is getting your head firmly wrapped around/committed to a plan that excludes--grains, sugar, alcohol. You are not committed,

Until you can absolutely take those things out of your diet COMPLETELY I do not see your gut issues resolving.

Some hope-- I can now dabble with things, that were off the table, without gut issue- real pizza, restaurant foods, wine, etc. Diarrhea is now a rare thing I can deal with and pinpoint the reason why. It is not an every day pain in the ass/life disruptor.

Marcadav --- You always bring me back to that basics. MONTHS? that's the part that I get hung up on. That's the part I can't commit too. I feel like eating small bits here and there shouldn't cause so much trouble. Obviously that's not the case. I need to talk to hubby and get his help and support cuz he can very easily pull me off course. I hate saying, "I can't eat that" He just doesn't understand cuz he has a cast iron gut and nothing upsets his system. I think if I had doctors orders he would be more helpful and understanding - but I don't, I'm doing this on my own.

Okay............. I've said it before - I'm going to do this. I need to wake up every morning and re-commit. Sorry I've been so flakey. And thanks for sticking with me.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I feel like eating small bits here and there shouldn't cause so much trouble.
    and I feel like by putting small change in a jar I should be a millionaire, sadly it doesn't work that way. Seriously tomi, Marcadav gives some great advice.

and yes, it sucks. Sorry, but it does. But a year of suck for a lifetime of not having diarrhea/gut issues sounds like a net win to me.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Marcadav --- You always bring me back to that basics. MONTHS? that's the part that I get hung up on. That's the part I can't commit too. I feel like eating small bits here and there shouldn't cause so much trouble. Obviously that's not the case. I need to talk to hubby and get his help and support cuz he can very easily pull me off course. I hate saying, "I can't eat that" He just doesn't understand cuz he has a cast iron gut and nothing upsets his system. I think if I had doctors orders he would be more helpful and understanding - but I don't, I'm doing this on my own.

Okay............. I've said it before - I'm going to do this. I need to wake up every morning and re-commit. Sorry I've been so flakey. And thanks for sticking with me.
    Tomi, your believe that your husband needs to/should be supportive, understanding, and on board is, IMO, your second mistake.. This is your life and your issue. You are the only person who needs to be supportive and on board. You have control over what you do, don't do, allow in mouth.

There are temptations, people, reasons to stray, everywhere. You and only you are responsible/will suffer the consequences for the choices YOU choose to make. No one can pull you off course unless YOU let them.

Why do you hate saying I can't eat that? Is it because you want to participate with your husband in eating crap? Are you afraid that not participating will negatively affect your relationship? Are you afraid to stand up for your right to not eat things you don't want to? Is having your husband tempt you a good excuse to eat things you want ?

Find YOUR why(s). And then find your ways to combat them.

Change what you say from "I can't eat that" to "I choose to not eat that. It's not worth the pain it will cause." Then add if need be, "Please respect my choice."

However, more than anything, I think YOU have to decide that not eating/drinking xyz, for as long as it takes to heal, is more important than the momentary pleasure you get from ingesting it.

YOU can do this. You just have to want it more than you want to give in to the temptations.

Good advice. and good questions................ need to contemplate my answers on those.

I will do some soul searching..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I haven't eaten anything since dinner last night. 20 hours. I'm hungry but not wanting to eat. I have some kokanee ready to be cooked and I think I will do that in a couple hours.

Hubby will be late tonight -- well, he's always late -- but tonight he is going over to a friends house to talk about selling some boats. He had made arrangements to go talk with Jim about his boats tonight because his health was diminishing (lung cancer) and he wanted to take care of things before he passed. But, Jim's wife called this morning and said Jim had just passed. So, hubby is going to talk to her about the boats. I don't know what he has - I know he has a 30' pontoon with a full tent cover - but its in bad shape. Jim was trying to sell it for years but he had it way over priced. Hubby has known Jim for many years so this might be difficult for him.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I've found when I go out to eat they are very willing to make special meals for me. I'm very nice and just explain I'm allergic. I look to see whats on the menu that I can put together. So at a Mexican place, I ask for fajitas, no beans, no rice with extra avocado. Tomi - you just ask for meat only, no onion, no tomato. Yes, it takes some work hunting thru the menu and occasionally I have to pay a bit more, but in the end its worth it.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    +++1 to everything that has been said. And yes, small bits here and there will ABSOLUTELY cause problems. In fact, the small bits here and there ARE the problem.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

*hangsheadinshame*
    Read post #2626
    my motivation