Page 288 of 610 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 6092

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 288

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Your in good company Tomi. We all struggle but gather strength from the encouragement of others here. I wish you the best of luck putting your 100% into it. I'm right here with ya. I need the pain relief and weight loss benefits as well.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    Everybody has a different background and health issues that they are dealing with and their journey will be different. Most of the success stories that I have read are people who were fit in their youth and then in their 20's or 30's got heavy. They stumble across PB and then in a year or two they are fitter than ever. Yay!

It's great for them, but it isn't everybody's experience. I've been fat since I was seven. So 45 years. Being fat is part of my hard-wiring. My poor eating was deeply emotional and habitual. PB does a great job with the lifestyle and nutritional causes of obesity, but that's only part of the picture. At least for some of us.

I think you're doing great. What's inspirational to me is that you're still at it still trying, dealing with frustration yes, but working to make yourself better, however long that takes.

We'll get there! The good thing is that it isn't a race. The only "losers" are the ones who give up.
    Thanks for the reminder that we are all different and have different challenges and battles to overcome. Yesterday I was talking with my mom about my health struggles and as I traced back through the years I realized that I had gut issues even as a young child. I've spent my entire life dealing with stomach aches!!! As a child I was mostly constipated. I didn't eat much because every time I ate I would feel sick and hurt. I was very thin and looked malnourished in all my childhood pictures. I remember missing choir concerts and high school games (cheerleader here!) because I was feeling sick - always with a stomach ache. In my 20's the constipation turned into diarrhea. Every single day - as soon as I would eat lunch (I always skipped breakfast) I was in the bathroom ---- with horrible pain and diarrhea. In my 30's I became lactose intolerant. I did a 90 day parasite cleanse and things seemed to calm down for a number of years, but it eventually all came back again. I maintained my weight right around 140 until I turned 40 - and then it started to climb -- I was gaining at a pretty steady pace after I married hubby. But I had about 3 years with very little gut issues. I was eating lots of spicy foods as we would make curry at least once a week. Then for the past 7 years I have struggled with daily diarrhea.

I guess I can't expect my body to just snap into shape just because I decide to get healthy!!! Its not that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Nice work Tomi I have to say, reading about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, while daunting (people stay on it strictly for several years sometimes for complete healing, but can tell a difference within a few months), has given me a lot of hope. Check out the SCDLifestyle website. They have some free stuff they'll send you if you sign up for the newsletter. I think the elimination-style diet they outline to start with is really good as a base for people like us with forms of IBS. You start from scratch, with bone broth and carrot puree, and that's about it. Then you add in from there, with a few things per week, depending on how your body responds.
    Wow......... sounds tough......... but I will definitely check it out. I was wondering what SCD meant as I was reading your journal. Carrot puree and bone broth? EEESH........... there's a ticket to weight loss! I hope it goes well for you I know carrots are like the MAGIC food -- I know a man who cured his cancer by eating NOTHING but carrots for months!!! I kid you not -- the doctors had said "Go to Hawaii -- enjoy your life -- you have maybe 6 months, and there is nothing we can do for you" That was 5 years ago!!! And today he's cancer FREE. He actually turned an orangy color because he ate nothing but carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    If you'd like, I am willing to help you any way I can.
    You do help me!! With understanding, encouragement and advice. And when I'm of course you help bring me back and get me on the right path again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    This is very well said. I too have been fat since childhood. While I have had a certain level of success with Primal, I can't seem to break through all of my issues.
    You'll get there, P!! We all will -- cuz none of us are quitters!!! We all know this WOE is right - we just have to find a way to make it work in spite of our struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Emofedom View Post
    Your in good company Tomi. We all struggle but gather strength from the encouragement of others here. I wish you the best of luck putting your 100% into it. I'm right here with ya. I need the pain relief and weight loss benefits as well.
    Thanks, Em! It is comforting to know I'm not alone. Although I would never wish this on anyone......... well, I take that back - there is ONE person I would wish this on. But............. I won't go there!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So - yesterday............... wow!! BAD day for the gut. I started the day out badly - and ended the day badly too. I guess my gut was pretty inflamed cuz when I ate a ground beef patty for dinner I got sick again. Horrible pain and diarrhea for the second time that day. That hasn't happened in a long time. Usually its only in the morning. But I was SICK most of the evening. Hubby looked at me and said, "I think you should stop eating". Ya think? That would solve some problems for a day or 2. Then I'd have other problems.

Its nearly 11 am and I haven't eaten anything since that burger at 4 pm yesterday. I didn't want to eat breakfast because I had carpet cleaners coming this morning and I didn't want to be in the bathroom the entire time they were here! I'm sorta hungry - but not terribly. I will eat some eggs when they are done - it looks like they are getting close. My carpets are going to look very nice! I've put off having them cleaned for TOO long. I have a carpet cleaner but it doesn't clean like this. STANLEY STEAMER!

I looked at the SCD website - wow - that's pretty extreme. I'm going to stick with the FODMAPS diet for now. But if it doesn't seem to be working I will definitely give the SCD a try. I want to read more about it. I'm thinking the FODMAPS diet should take at least 6 months to work through to decide if its going to work. But during that time I will be gathering info on the SCD and watching Tasha's progress.

So........... we're trying to figure out how to schedule the weekend. I'm taking care of the neighbors dogs while they are out of state at a memorial service - usually they have theirs sons take care of the dogs when they are gone, but the entire family has gone to this service --- so they called me. The dogs need to be tended to 2-3 times a day. Hubby wants to go to the lake tomorrow. I'm thinking if I feed them in the morning and put them in the yard we should be able to go to the lake. I need to find out what time the neighbors plan on being home. If they are going to be home in the early evening then we don't need to rush home. The best time to be on the lake is after 5 pm cuz everyone else leaves and the lake is quiet and the air is cool -- its wonderful! As soon as the carpet cleaners are done I need to go over and put them both in the back yard. They are kinda dumb dogs ......... Welsh Terriers. Not much personality. The female is 11 and is pretty much deaf - the male is 2 and full of mischief. They fight with each other.

OOOPs - forgot to post this - now its almost noon.

Carpets are done and they guys are gone The carpets look great! Hope they don't take too long to dry. I have all the doors and windows open and a fan blowing.

I'm making bacon and eggs............. I'm expecting a belly ach Hoping not.........

Weight today 182. On the low side of my high/low range. So - happy about that!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope you feel better soon, Tomi! I'm sorry you're feeling so ill.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Monday morning. I have to go to Dallas again today to take my mom to a doctor appt. Waste of time and money cuz the nurses could have provided what we need, but they said they can't find the info in mom's chart notes. They said we have to come see the doctor. GRRR!!!

I didn't sick at all over the weekend Saturday we hung around home and went to church in the evening. Sunday we went to the lake for a bit in the afternoon. It was beautiful. We didn't even leave the doc - that's pretty odd for us.

I haven't worked out since Thursday

Weight today 183. But I'm getting smaller everywhere. I have noticed my bra's are looser so I measured around my torso and I'm 35.5" No wonder my 38's are floating on me. I'm not understanding how I'm getting smaller but not losing weight. Course I have been building a lot of muscle. I guess in the end I don't really care what the number on the scale says -- I want to be certain size when all is said and done. I'm not sure what that size is since VANITY sizing has changed everything. 10 years ago it would have been a size 8 --- now its more like a size 4 I think. I'm still not able to wear my size 12 jeans. My size 14s are very comfortable - I'd like them to be getting baggy on me. My original goal was to get down to 135. Honestly if I get to 150 and can wear the size I want then I won't have a problem at all. The number on the scale is just a marker for where I think I need to be in order to wear the size I want. My goal is look good nekid or dressed. Hoping to be able to wear a swim suit next summer and not feel like I'm grossing everyone out!

I haven't been eating much but enough to satisfy my hunger so I guess its enough. Yesterday I ate 3 eggs some nuts and some corn chips (we didn't take any food to the boat and that's pretty much all there was to eat that wasn't really junk food) and dinner was fish. We did have rum last night. I drank 1/2 a kombucha also. It was extremely tart. It had a lot of stuff floating in it so I strained it out.

Better get moving............. Have a good day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Don't strain the kombucha! Hahaha. That's good stuff for you!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Don't strain the kombucha! Hahaha. That's good stuff for you!
    I know - but it sorta grossed me out. There was just too much stuff floating around. I only strained out the big stuff.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Holy cow what a day! Started off with mom................ my mom is getting to that forgetful, difficult place in life. But, we got the doctor appointment out of the way and got the papers she needed for her HUD re-eval for her rent. She wanted me to stay with her and go to the managers to turn it all in - but the manager wasn't answering her office phone and I needed to get home. I got all the bills paid and mailed before I worked at the docs - but now I need to update QuickBooks. Good thing I draw a paycheck from the boat shop!

I almost burned up the house this morning........... I was going to make some eggs so I got out the carton of eggs and put them on the stove top - then I turned on the burner that the eggs were sitting on! I caught it just before it flamed up.......... but the house was full of smoke and still smells funky. I've been airing it all day and had the exhaust fan on over the stove all afternoon - but I think its going to take a while to go away.

Hubby made a pot of curry yesterday. I'm not going to eat any cuz I'm afraid of what all those spices will do to my tummy. I've been good for 3 days now! I had a normal BM this morning so that's a good sign. Dinner will be left over chicken. I have a 1/2 of an acorn squash that I really want to eat - but I'm giving my gut longer to heal before I give it any veggies. Hubby will have to eat the squash
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Squash (mashed up, to start with) is okay on the SCD. I'm looking forward to including that in my diet! Gotta get through the restrictive intro first.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Squash is on the ok list of the fodmaps too --- I just don't want to start adding in foods yet. I'm feeling good on the zero carb right now and I'd just like to play it safe for a bit.

Last bad belly issue was Friday. I think I got sick in the evening because the ground beef was starting to go bad. I checked the rest of it over the weekend and it was very sour! So, I think that double whammy on Friday was caused from a bit of food poisoning. I was great all weekend! I had a little bit of a tummy issue this morning. I'm guessing the rum caused some irritation I my gut. I'm working on eliminating all irritants, but haven't got that one tackled yet.

My 100% is very close........... I've cut out the corn chips I've cut back on nuts The frequency and quantity of rum is down by about 50% and I will continue with decreasing it. Food is eggs and meat/fish. I am still using HFCS free ketchup and some Kraft Honey Mustard. I've had no m&ms, oreos, ice cream or any other form of junk food for a couple weeks!

So I'm feeling good and liking the progress. I will keep at it until I'm eating clean 100% -- I'm not sure if I will ever completely stop the rum --- cuz quite honestly, its the only thing that gets my libido to wake up. So, until I find something that works I will most likely have rum a couple times a month.

Weight is up slightly again -- still riding the roller coaster.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation