Page 280 of 564 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 5635

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 280

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I understand what you're saying about the restrictive nature of my plan. I'm gonna try it cuz I feel like its the only way to get to the bottom of this. If I can't do the entire 2 weeks then I will go with you're idea........... cut all wheat/sugar and alcohol for 30 days.

Day 1: eggs and bacon, a salmon fillet, 3 small wild boar chops (yummy).
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

The good thing about this plan is that I happen to love eggs and fish - and there are plenty of different kinds of meat to eat!

Its 3:45 am............... I can't sleep tonight.

I've taken my sleeping stuff - melatonin - but its not working tonight. UGH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm with marcadav on this, as usual. I think you need a full 30 days of something. Alcohol, wheat, and sugar would be a good thing to start with. Strict paleo. Worry about the veggies later.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    ^+1
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm with marcadav on this, as usual. I think you need a full 30 days of something. Alcohol, wheat, and sugar would be a good thing to start with. Strict paleo. Worry about the veggies later.
    I agree with them. I think you're causing yourself stress with worrying about your food so much. You need something you can get through. You may find you aren't as sensitive to all the extra things once the really bad offenders are removed.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm just working on stictly gluten-free for now. I don't eat soy or legumes anyway because they're easy to avoid and I never ate them much anyway. Strictly dairy-free is next, which should be simple enough, and then getting rid of regular potatoes, then reducing starches overall. It may take a while for me to get where I want to be (low-starch, paleo).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I think I need to find those big girls panties again. Must have slipped off somewhere over the past few days!
    Maybe they're too big!! You HAVE lost weight after all! Remember that big-girl panties come in all sizes. Get the next size down, and continue!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I thought maybe her husband was taking off her "big girl panties".

Listen Tomi, I am not doing a W30 this month. I simply created a 30 day challenge catered to my situation as it stands now.

This month I will
    1) Do some form of exercise for 30 min every day.
    2) Eat clean Primal. I am allowing HWC, butter, stevia, reg mayo and reg bacon. Plus, I plan to weigh daily. Therefore, I am not claiming a W30. I will also be doing ADF, which worked well for me in June.

I like your idea of dropping gluten, sugar and alcohol for 30 days. A simple plan.

canio6 Guest
    Well, I am going to be the voice of the other side. Meat, fish, eggs for 30 days is too easy. Not hard at all. Seriously.

It makes it so simple, there is no question about what you can eat. Is it meat, a fish, or eggs? No, then I can't eat it. Is it hard? it is 30 days. Good lord, a month. It is not a life time. It isn't a year. It is 30 freaking days.

It makes things easy with husbands, friends, going out etc. "Sorry folks I can only eat meat, fish, or eggs for 30 days." It shuts down all arguments or "Oh, just try a little bit..." conversations.

So, maybe 30 days of only eggs, meat and fish? That would certainly do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I agree with them. I think you're causing yourself stress with worrying about your food so much. You need something you can get through. You may find you aren't as sensitive to all the extra things once the really bad offenders are removed.
    I worry about my food so much because I KNOW that something I'm ingesting is causing this gut distress. Sometimes I can eat or drink XYZ and have no issues at all --- other times I end up in tears because the pain is so intense.

I'm just working on stictly gluten-free for now. I don't eat soy or legumes anyway because they're easy to avoid and I never ate them much anyway. Strictly dairy-free is next, which should be simple enough, and then getting rid of regular potatoes, then reducing starches overall. It may take a while for me to get where I want to be (low-starch, paleo).
    When I first started this WOE in late 2011 I was very strict. I didn't have any wheat or sugar for probably 6 months. And alcohol was only an occasional treat - I still had stomach troubles. So I know its more than wheat, sugar and alcohol. They most definitely contribute --- but they aren't the soul offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Maybe they're too big!! You HAVE lost weight after all! Remember that big-girl panties come in all sizes. Get the next size down, and continue!
    Loving this one ^

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I thought maybe her husband was taking off her "big girl panties".

Listen Tomi, I am not doing a W30 this month. I simply created a 30 day challenge catered to my situation as it stands now.

This month I will
    1) Do some form of exercise for 30 min every day.
    2) Eat clean Primal. I am allowing HWC, butter, stevia, reg mayo and reg bacon. Plus, I plan to weigh daily. Therefore, I am not claiming a W30. I will also be doing ADF, which worked well for me in June.

I like your idea of dropping gluten, sugar and alcohol for 30 days. A simple plan.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, I am going to be the voice of the other side. Meat, fish, eggs for 30 days is too easy. Not hard at all. Seriously.

It makes it so simple, there is no question about what you can eat. Is it meat, a fish, or eggs? No, then I can't eat it. Is it hard? it is 30 days. Good lord, a month. It is not a life time. It isn't a year. It is 30 freaking days.

It makes things easy with husbands, friends, going out etc. "Sorry folks I can only eat meat, fish, or eggs for 30 days." It shuts down all arguments or "Oh, just try a little bit..." conversations.
    Canio - thanks. that's what I've been trying to say. It's simple and clean. I just haven't yet found the level of commitment I need to stay with it for the duration. I've done 2 weeks of eggs, meat and fish only --- but had rum. During that 2 weeks my gut problems improved GREATLY. I had only a couple days of tummy issues. I expect my gut will have time to heal if I do a more strict version of that and dump the rum also. Then......... start adding in veggies and fruit and see what happens. In my first 6 months of primal eating I still had daily gut issues even though I was not eating any wheat or sugar.

I don't know what the really bad offenders are yet. If I don't figure out what it is I'm going to live this way forever. I'm not talking about one or 2 loose bowel movements a day. I'm talking about 4-5 hours of gut wrenching pain with 10-15 trips to the bathroom and nothing but warm water finishing off the intestinal flush. This problem rules my life! I can't even plan to leave the house before noon because I know 90% of the time I will be chained to the bathroom. My husband is getting so frustrated with this problem interfering with our weekend plans. He knows its not my fault --- but its still a huge problem. Either I have to stay home until all the gut problems settle down - or I'm searching for bathrooms at every turn. On more than one occasion I have had to say - I need to go home. I have to find the cause of this. I can't go at it in baby steps. I have to attach it aggressively.

I know I've been at this for a long time -- and you're probably all getting bored with it. Probably frustrated too that I'm not taking your advice to go at in small bits. But small bits are not going to get me where I want to be. I want to heal my gut so this isn't controlling my life. Right now all I know is that eating eggs, meat and fish ONLY is the only thing that has given me relief from the pain and diarrhea. I have to start there.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation