Page 278 of 581 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 5804

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 278

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    work was 4 hours of intense medical terminology and miles of medications to enter into new patient charts. Good grief - one lady had 35 prescriptions in her chart!!! I don't expect her to live long.

then I came home and had to pay bills for the boatshop. I paid bills but didn't do the update to QuickBooks or prepare a deposit. That will have to wait. No energy and my brain is fried.

I will be going to bed EARLY tonight!

Jump rope...................... not tonight.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Hump Day, Tomi! I hope you have a good day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks, Jenn! You too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Feeling down............ I suspect it is partially caused by the rum I had Sunday and Monday. And today my tummy is giving me fits. Over the past couple weeks I have come to some solid conclusions about certain food and drink.

Rum makes me depressed and hurts my gut.
    Nuts make me bloated within minutes of eating them and they are a "NO BRAKES" food.
    Commercial jerky is basically just meat junk food.
    And restaurants are dangerous places.

I'm not in a good place mentally today. I'm feeling very discouraged. My weight is UP again. I bounce between 182 and 186. Inflammation from the 6 mile hike could be a huge contributing factor - 2 nights of having rum could also be a factor. I also had the 2 small flour tortillas on Monday. I feel bloated. I was looking at my naked self in the mirror this morning - honestly if I didn't have such a pudgy abdomen and the back fat rolls I think I could love my body just as it is. Or at the least hate it less.

I need to accept the fact that if I'm going to be successful at this I need to be better at it. Some people can do the 80/20 and have good results. I can't. I'm going to strive for a whole30 approach from now on.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Oh, gosh. This sounds like so many times I wrote in my last journal. Don't be discouraged. Everything you named contributed to the temporary weight gain. Bloat is a fickle bitch.

Get dressed in something that makes you feel good, makes you feel pretty and makes you feel sexy. Anything else will just make you feel worse.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

At the very least, try to avoid wheat products 100%. Robb Wolf and other Paleo leaders say they'll allow alcoholic indulgences, sugary indulgences OCCASIONALLY, but they absolutely WILL NOT consume anything containing gluten, which cuts a LOT of the indulgent foods off the list.

Why not drink wine when hubby drinks rum? Then again, maybe it's not the rum and is instead the diet coke you're mixing it with? Aspertame has been linked to fibro flares - and maybe what you're feeling pain wise is actually a fibro flare of a different nature and not from your hike? My MIL's fibro flares present as DOMS - even if she's not done a lick of exercise. Can you change to wine or switch the mix you use in the rum? What kind of rum do you drink? Would it work with a 100% fruit juice or tonic or something? Sorry, I'm not a big drinker so I don't know what goes with what.

I think the biggest problem here is lack of commitment/follow through. You know what to do and you consistently state you're going to do it, but you seem to falter with the follow through. I think a no excuses what so ever Whole30 is what's in store - to get you away from all those things that hurt you for 30 days, no ifs ands or buts about it, 100% clean Whole30. While it's harder than hell to do, it CAN be done and it will probably help immensely in figuring out what foods are good/bad for you.

Whole9 is hosting an official Whole30 starting tomorrow. Log onto their site and start talking in the forums. I'm sure there are others there with auto-immune illnesses who can help you through the month. And, of course, I'm also here to lightly slap your hands as well.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I think the biggest problem here is lack of commitment/follow through. You know what to do and you consistently state you're going to do it, but you seem to falter with the follow through. I think a no excuses what so ever Whole30 is what's in store - to get you away from all those things that hurt you for 30 days, no ifs ands or buts about it, 100% clean Whole30. While it's harder than hell to do, it CAN be done and it will probably help immensely in figuring out what foods are good/bad for you.
    ^This.

Thanks, Honeybuns. At the moment I am dressed in my work out cloths. I'm heading out to see if me and the jump rope can find some form of agreement today. The soreness from the hike is nearly gone so its time to get things revved up again.

I will try to find something attractive to wear to work - but honesty my closet consists of jeans and knit tops. I'm not much for dressing up.

I will be happy to find a way to keep this fickle bitch kicked to the curb!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Wanted to add that even if you don't feel confident enough to stick to whole30 for 30 days, pick ONE THING and obstain from it for 30 days. Be it run, wheat, sugar, whatever... obstain for 30 whole days and see how you feel. Then assess how things are, then move on to the next.

One of the trends I see is that you pick something and you see it through for a few days, but then you move onto something else right away without really giving anything a chance to. Think of it like your workouts - which you are doing GREAT with, by the way. Find something to do diet wise and stick with it for an extended period of time and see how it works before moving onto something else.

These are just my thoughts... I've been in the weight loss game since 2000 thanks to the Army and I see how I used to be in a lot of your posts. It took an extreme change and commitment to that change for me to FINALLY see lasting results (Thank you Primal Blueprint).

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    pick ONE THING and obstain from it for 30 days. Be it run,
    Sweet, I will definitely not run for 30 days. I like this plan Jenn