Page 277 of 582 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 5816

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 277

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    holy moly! I'm getting more and more sore as the day goes by! ouchy. I thought I was in good enough shape to do that hike without hurting anything....... I guess not. I may need an Epsom Salts bath in a while

I'm drinking a Strawberry Serenity kombucha - I like it! And eating jerky and nuts. I think I should put away the nuts before I eat them ALL! So much for laying off the nuts. I don't know what is happening for dinner. It's 6:15 and I haven't heard what hubby is doing --- coming home or working late? I wonder what it would be like to have a regular schedule? Even in my passed life with ex I never had a regular schedule - he traveled for work so about every other week he was out of town. When he was home I pretty much knew he'd be home by 5 pm. I guess the good thing about our crazy schedule now is that it never gets boring or predictable.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
    aka. the soreness you get sometime after working out (usually the next day)
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    About nuts: on my paleo fodmap list nuts are in the 'yellow' column, meaning you should be careful with them. Pistachios, almonds and hazelnuts are 'red': avoid! Brasil nuts give me acid reflux.

Rope jumping: do you do singles or double unders? I have to say I can beat most of the guys at our Crossfit gym with double unders 8) I'm really good at them.!..although my blatter hates them
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Tell me again what DOMs is? I'm so stupid when it comes too all these acronyms!
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    For me, they're worse on the 2nd day after a hard/new workout. Expect today to be worse. Drink lots of water and soak in an espom bath. Gotta flush that lactic acid - you could also supplement with l-glutamine, but I suspect today will be the worst of it and then it'll be nearly gone tomorrow.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Well I definitely have that!

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    About nuts: on my paleo fodmap list nuts are in the 'yellow' column, meaning you should be careful with them. Pistachios, almonds and hazelnuts are 'red': avoid! Brasil nuts give me acid reflux.

Rope jumping: do you do singles or double unders? I have to say I can beat most of the guys at our Crossfit gym with double unders 8) I'm really good at them.!..although my blatter hates them
    My fodmaps list doesn't have any nuts on it. Can you send me the link to your list?

I do this: Jump Rope Singles | Gymnastics WOD OH DEAR!! You better start working on those keegle muscles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    For me, they're worse on the 2nd day after a hard/new workout. Expect today to be worse. Drink lots of water and soak in an espom bath. Gotta flush that lactic acid - you could also supplement with l-glutamine, but I suspect today will be the worst of it and then it'll be nearly gone tomorrow.
    starting to feel better
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    This is the FODMAP list I have printed : http://www.eat-real-food-paleodietit...-food-list.pdf
    I also have an app on my phone, comes in handy when in a restaurant or grocery shopping!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Thanks, Candy! A much longer list than mine. The one I have been referring to is just 2 catagories. I like the way this one is layed out.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I ate poorly yesterday. Just dinner. We went to our favorite Mexican place. I had a some refried beans - just a few bites - and some corn chips. I also ate 2 very thin flour tortillas. The meal was a shrimp dish so it was not bad for me. I've had rum 2 nights in a row. Gotta get back on track --- focus!!!

I'm going to start a whole30 for August............. but I'm starting today.

Tummy............ I'm thinking I'm on the mend. I haven't had a really bad day for awhile now. I've had 5 days with only slight tummy issues. Maybe the new pills are doing something!

Nuts are now on my don't eat list. Bummer - I like nuts.

Time to get ready for work........... I think last week spoiled me. I really liked NOT working.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I've never timed myself jumping. I usually just go as long as I can without missing - or until I'm pooped out! the longest I've gone is 52 jumps in a row. My new rope is a good one - but I do need to adjust the length a bit. It has ball bearings in the grips so the rope turns instead of twists. But I honestly like my old one better because the handles are weighted, and its adjustable for length. The new one isn't adjustable. I'm hoping I will be able to get used to the new one.
    I had one like that with the ball bearings that was too long for my ex. I just tied a series of knots up near the handles on both ends. The knots didn't interfere with its use and could be untied so I could use it. It was a nice jump rope, but I lost custody of it in the divorce...
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by DCarr10760 View Post
    I had one like that with the ball bearings that was too long for my ex. I just tied a series of knots up near the handles on both ends. The knots didn't interfere with its use and could be untied so I could use it. It was a nice jump rope, but I lost custody of it in the divorce...
    yes, that's what I've done - tied a few knots up near the handle. Sorry you lost the rope in the divorce You can always buy a new one!

btw --- I'm liking the updated picture! Your weight loss really shows in your face. Nice progress!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation