Page 275 of 611 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 6105

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 275

tomi is offline Senior Member
    So far the day is going well I can't remember the last Saturday I got to wake up with hubby and spend the entire day with him! I did my jump rope, 20 x 30# pull downs on the bowflex, then breakfast. We went to his uncles memorial service and then we drove to Costco and Sports Authority to get a good jump rope. We came home to drop off some refrigerator stuff from Costco........... then went out for Sushi (YUM). Now we're home for a bit - going to church in about 15 minutes. We decided after church we will ride our bikes to Safeway, buy a couple thick filet mignon and a pineapple. Then stop at McDonalds and grab a movie from Redbox. We'll make shrimp/pineapple skewers and steak and potatoes for dinner. We honestly enjoy our own cooking better than eating out, plus its cheaper!!! - and we have a 60" tv ......... so don't really need a theater! Hubby suggested getting rum.......... I declined. I told him I won't feel up to the 10 mile hike we have planned tomorrow if I drink rum tonight. Progress...............

Tomorrow.............. Silver Falls Park 10 mile hike. Must remember CAMERA!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Your stamina has very clearly increased. 230 jumps?! Wow. I haven't gotten there yet. I am very glad that you didn't give up on jumps because you own them now. So awesome!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good rum avoidance, especially tying it to the 'if-then' scenario, so he sees it is not worth it.

We made it 6 miles on our hike. The entire loop is 8.2, but there is a "duck out" path that makes it 6 miles for those to weary to continue the entire loop. I'm VERY proud of what we've accomplished - this is the longest hike we've done to date. We got to see 5 of the 10 waterfalls. Here is one of them:

005.jpg

It was a fun day. Started out sorta shaky cuz my tummy was a bit upset this morning and we didn't get to leave the house until 11:30. But we still had plenty of time. We did the 6 miles in 3 hours.

Upset - I ate some dark chocolate last night. I guess that's what did it.

My feet are very sore!!! Need to find softer socks to hike in.

Will write more tomorrow. I may have some rum tonight............... aching muscles from todays activities. I haven't decided yet.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I use these for work and love them http://www.amazon.com/Thorlo-Cushion...ed+socks+women
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Thorlo socks are awesome. I used them to run before I switched to VFFs, and I have the long thorlo combat boot socks that I use every day for work.

Lovely waterfall. I'm envious you have that kind of area to hike in close to home.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thorlos! Yes!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Dark chocolate isn't so friendly to be either. Darn IBS!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

will have to check out those Thorlos

I'm a bit on the tired and sore side today! That 6 mile hike did me in! But it also broke my stall and I'm back down to 183 now! gotta love that!

Back to a normal week of work. Blah.

I had rum last night........ I think I'm over it. Taste - eh...... Effect - I think I got grouchy.

Food yesterday........... eggs and bacon. A bit of roasted chicken. Some nuts. 2 squares of d. chocolate. a few corn chips. a couple small pieces of jerky. rum/diet coke. That's really not much food. But I ate what I needed to feel satisfied. I wasn't hungry at all during the hike. We stopped to eat mid-way just because we were feeling like we needed some fuel.

The waterfalls were really beautiful - the weather was perfect. We got a bit sweaty on the inclines so I know I was working hard. We saw a few people who were older than us........... blazing up those hills! These 2 ladies........... we guessed were about 65-70 years old. They put us to shame! One looked like she'd been hiking her whole life - she had legs like a man! Not an ounce of fat on those muscular legs! But her face was wrinkled and leathery like she'd spent her entire life in the direct sun. I told hubby I bet she's climbed Mt. Everest! It was definitely a fun day - and one we will remember.

I have a couple salmon steaks thawing for dinner tonight. I think I'll cook the acorn squash to go with.

Tummy issues........... its been better. I've had a little trouble, but not with the same intensity. Usually only 1 bm - and not nearly as much pain. So I guess I'm starting to heal?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Thanks, Teach........... I'll take a look at it. ( I looked on Amazon.... I don't have a Kindle and I can't find it available in the ancient form of written word on paper!!!! )I think you're right -- the majority of my inflammation is in my gut. I really think if I can fix the problem inside - I will see the results on the outside. WIN-WIN!
    You can download the Kindle app to both your PC and Phone for free, then read all the kindle books you want without ever having to buy a kindle... or you can get one on ebay for cheap. I think Walmart sells the basic Kindle model for $75. I love my kindle.

Also jealous of the waterfalls. Beautiful pic!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)