Page 272 of 538 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 5376

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 272

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Already told you on Facebook, but I'll tell ya here too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOMI!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Nuts cause me to bloat as well. I have been munching on chicharrones (pork rinds).

Oh, almost forgot. Happy Birthday!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Happy birthday!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Happy Birthday Tomi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Already told you on Facebook, but I'll tell ya here too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOMI!!
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Nuts cause me to bloat as well. I have been munching on chicharrones (pork rinds).

Oh, almost forgot. Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Happy birthday!
    Thank you all very much! I'm 53 for the next 365 days!

Plans for the day........... jumprope, barre3 and weights. Maybe a trip to Costco and Traders Joes. Maybe a little online shopping?

But I want to do it all the running before it gets hot so I need to get moving!

Food yesterday:

4 eggs in olive oil
    lots of tuna loin
    nuts
    honey mustard, homemade w/commercial mayo (made me sick - won't do that again)
    white potato w/butter

Weight up again to 185. UGH!!! frustration in the weight loss efforts. I think its bloat and inflammation from the mayo. I hadn't even finished my meal and I was feeling nauseous and bloated! It subsided after about an hour, enough that I could rest and sleep. (dinner was at 9 pm cuz hubby worked LATE yesterday)

Birthday celebrations being put on hold until Saturday. We have a memorial service to go to for hubby's uncle at 11:00 am. Then I think we'll have some Sushi for lunch. Then dinner out and a movie. Sunday we're doing the hike that got cancelled last weekend. 10 miles!!! hope we're up to the challenge!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Tomi, if you're willing to try it, I think peppermint oil capsules might be helpful for your IBS. You take them 15-30 minutes before a meal. I've read online about some trials & studies that were done with peppermint oil capsules as treatment for IBS. For some people, it does nothing, but for a majority of the tests, it's found to be helpful in reducing muscle spasms, rapid elimination, and reducing bloating & gas (aka. IBS symptoms). It's helped reduce the gas & bloating I have after meals. I'm just taking two capsules a day, before lunch and before dinner. The only thing to watch out for is some minty heartburn if you wait too long before the meal. The bottles I've used say to take it 30-60 minutes before the meal, but if I wait until than 30-45 min, I usually get heartburn. I think this might help reduce the effects of small amounts of disagreeable foods you might eat.

I've tried this one and this one. I got the second because it has oregano oil, which has antifungal properties as well. If you try it and it doesn't sit well with me, let me know in PM because I'll buy the rest of the bottle .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tracking my weight really did help me identify problem foods. If the weight went up the next morning then there was something in my dinner that didn't like me. What is it? Something like an extra 4000 calories to put on an extra pound? So if you puton two pounds overnight, that is inflammation.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Tomi, if you're willing to try it, I think peppermint oil capsules might be helpful for your IBS. If you try it and it doesn't sit well with me, let me know in PM because I'll buy the rest of the bottle .
    Definitely worth a try! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Tracking my weight really did help me identify problem foods. If the weight went up the next morning then there was something in my dinner that didn't like me. What is it? Something like an extra 4000 calories to put on an extra pound? So if you puton two pounds overnight, that is inflammation.
    True......... Not real weight gain when I'm eating right. Yesterday totaled about 1700 calories. Not a deficit but not enough to gain. So, I'm figuring it has to be the nuts and mayo. Both caused bloat. Will take them both off my ok list for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
    Thanks! Not doing anything special today. After 52 birthdays, the 53rd is no big deal!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Happy birthday to you.....Happy birthday to you......Happy birthday dear Tomi......Happy birthday to you..........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html