Page 269 of 549 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 5490

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 269

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, what is this jumping thing?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Jump rope!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yes. An exercise class, scrapbooking group, theater group, chorus...whatever. Something that makes You happy and is all your own.
    Yes........... I think I will make a goal to find something to start in this fall. There is a group of women, I think they call themselves the Salem Choral (or something) - I have always wanted to audition for that group.

I do need something besides my p/t job and my home/husband.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Honeybuns started jump roping about a month or so ago and I thought it sounded like a lot a fun - so I bought a gym quality jump rope and started doing it too. Let me tell you......... it was a tough couple weeks in the beginning getting those arms and legs coordinated again to be able to jump that rope at the precise timing!! But I think I have it down now. I'm getting pretty good at it Yesterday I did 40 consecutive jumps and stopped do to weak legs - not because I missed. Its a good SPRINTING addition to my Barre3 and weights.

My weight is consistently dropping daily - here is my weight for the past 7 days. 5.3 pounds gone. Must have been a lot of bloat!!

Last night we ate out. We shared a pulled pork potato skin appetizer. I had salmon with rice pilaf and a small side of veggies (yellow squash, cauliflower and broccoli). this morning I had a small tummy ache and loose stool, but not watery diarrhea. I'm thinking there may have been some HFCS in the bbq sauce on the appetizer. But I couldn't have had more than a tsp total, if that. There was very lightly drizzled over the plate - OH -- but I bet it was also in the pulled pork. I can't imagine that tiny bit of veggies would cause an issue - it was only about a cup total. I'm finding it extremely difficult to eat out an not ingest something offensive.

Note to self: NO BBQ sauce!!!

Yesterday I did pretty much nothing all day. It felt sorta good - but very lazy! Today I will do the office space that I need so I'm not working on the dining room table anymore. The I will do some deep dusting of the wood ceiling and elephants up high and tonight I will put the animals to bed early and stain the new wood trim that we had done when the new front door was installed.

first......... I'll get my workout done for the day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Most bbq will have HFCS - I'm willing to bet 95% will. You can always make your own and then take it with you when you go out and ask for your meats to be "naked".
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

That's a good idea. I didn't plan on eating bbq sauce - then when we ordered the appetizer I just forgot I shouldn't eat that. dumb. I'm still figuring it all out. I guess it's all trial and error at this point.

I fasted from dinner at 8 pm yesterday until 1:30 pm today. Then I ate some nuts (no peanuts) while I was making some eggs and bacon - and now I have a terrible stomach ache!! I think its just air ........... it'll "pass" It's making it hard to eat my eggs and bacon though .................... oh dear --- its not just air............pain in the gut!! ugh! Time out.................

We'll I can't claim to be carrying around 5 pounds of fecal matter in my colon as an excuse for weight gain! All CLEAN! those colon cleanse scams will never make any money off me!

I called the Merrell store - they don't warranty against shrinkage due to washing......... so my brand new Merrells now belong to my neighbor who has slightly smaller feet than me. She's happy........ I went to Ross this morning and bought some more shoes. But unfortunately couldn't find and nice Merrells. Makes me sad............. those shoes fit so nice before I washed them.

I'm not getting much of my to-do list done ........... In fact so far I haven't got any of it done. Maybe I'm just a sloth at heart.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

No sure what that gastric flush was all about.............. I'm feeling fine now. And........... I'm drinking KOMBUCHA! I decided it might be good for the gut - and hopefully taste good too. The first drink I thought................. gee...... this is just like Mikes Hard Cranberry with a slight twang to it! I could take this on the boat and be drinking something HEALTHY but feel like I'm having something NAUGHTY! I'm going to be drinking more of this........... and might just experiment with making it myself. Its only 30 calories for 8 ounces - and its full of beneficial probiotics. The down side is the cost - $2.99 for 16 ounces. But if I think about it - that's about what Mikes costs. Maybe its less at Trader Joes?

Hubby says he's taking me out for dinner for my birthday. But I think I might just go to Safeway and get a couple thick Filet Mignon steaks and bake some potatoes. Or go to Costco and buy a whole tenderloin for 1/2 the cost per pound. That sounds better than risking eating something questionable at a restaurant and being sick the next day.

I bought a new booby squisher to wear while I'm jumping - and a new pair of work out pants. I needed a second pair really bad!!! and I bought 3 pair of shoes.............. I feel shameful - but the cost of the pants, bra and 3 shoes was only $111 total. And I really did need them.

After spending some time in the clothing stores I am getting REALLY anxious to get this weight off cuz there is some really cute clothes that I want to buy!!! REALLY CUTE!

It feels good to be in control again. Every time I think about eating something "wrong" I think about the pain and misery its going to cause.......... nope - NOT worth it
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I suggest going slow with the Kombucha. It will cause a "gastric flush" for me if I drink too much at one time. I don't think I have ever ingested 8oz at one time. I usually take a few sips, maybe 2oz, with a meal.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Yeah, the bottles of kombucha are usually at least 2 servings, technically. You can spread it out over a few days. Marcadav (I can't figure out how to break that up or pronounce it) has a good approach, IMO. I love the ginger flavors .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Yeah, the bottles of kombucha are usually at least 2 servings, technically. You can spread it out over a few days. Marcadav (I can't figure out how to break that up or pronounce it) has a good approach, IMO. I love the ginger flavors .
    It's Mar cuh dave- a mix of my full name.