Page 268 of 610 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 6092

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 268

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I've tried that............. hubby definitely loves boats and loves helping his friends - makes for a good combination......... that being said............ boat fixing time is GUY time. Always has been (all the way back to when we dated as young adults) and always will be. That is his time to just be a guy and do what guys do.............. make jokes, make fun of each other, burp - fart - and scratch themselves in places women don't appreciate seeing. I understand that. Once in a blue moon he will call and tell me he's working late and wants me to come keep him company - but for the most part 99.9% of the time - there is a friend there to fill the void.

I guess if I get to the nitty-gritty of it - I want to be the person he wants to be with MOST. And if I really stop and think about it - I am. But he lets life and circumstances control what happens. He's just a GREAT guy that EVERYONE loves! My husband is RICH in friendships! I don't need a LOT of people in my life - I just need a FEW very special people in my life. Hubby of course is the MAIN person.

I complain when I'm feeling a bit pushed to the side........... but all in all I'm very happy in my marriage. If I could change ONE thing about our life it would be this - I would have him be much more aggressive in making sure he and I have enough quality time together. And my "enough" I mean - enough for me to not feel neglected. That being said --- I easily feel neglected so I can hardly expect him to be able to meet my needs 100%. But, in a PERFECT marriage that is what I would ask for.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

16 + 16 + 16 + 23 = 71 jumps. I stopped after 16 just to make sure I wasn't pushing it to hard. I missed at 21 and stopped. 15 minutes of barre3 total body, and 15 pull downs on the bowflex. I've done 8 days of exercise without missing a day. That feels good.

My legs are incredibly stronger. I can now climb up from the cuddy of the boat without groaning and without a handhold to assist - "look mom - no hands!" Hubby says I'm WAY WAY stronger than last summer! It sure feels good!

I think I will move some desks and set up my "office space" today.

Right now - breakfast. Eggs and bacon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thoughts on being a wife.

I think I've reached the place in my life where I am looking at myself as a wife and wanting to be the kind of wife that my husband will find endearing and will have cause to cherish and adore. Over the weekend hubby said some very sweet and loving things to me - and I asked him what has changed over the past couple years that free's him to say such things now - because the prior 10 years he didn't speak to me the way he does now. His answer was short and simple: "I guess I just appreciate you more now". That got me thinking............. have I changed in some way that he see's more appreciable? or has he opened his eyes to see me in a different way?

Either way --- I decided I want to be a wife that he is pleased with. My husband is the only person on this earth who REALLY matters when push comes to shove. His opinion is bottom line. I'm not really sure what this all translates into yet........ but the thoughts are forming.

Just wanted to share..............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    What about a group hobby of your own?

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Could you have a standing date night?
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Another 42 jumps - totals 113 today! I think I'll rest now...........

Group hobby? Like joining a group - I've been thinking about starting a yoga class in the fall. I'm looking into it.

Standing date night........... suggested that years ago. We both decided that's just too set in stone.............. we're pretty much fly by the seat of our pants people. I hope I don't make it sound like we don't spend any time together............ we really do! I always have him from Saturday noon until Sunday bedtime - but its not alone time. That's my "beef" so to speak......... I want him to have the desire to have me ALL TO HIMSELF. And I want him to be aggressive about making that happen. But - we all want things we aren't going to get! I know my hubby pretty well............ he isn't an initiator........... he's a follower. If I make plans he's pretty much okay with it........... but he doesn't take the initiative to make the plans himself.

I should stop complaining about him - he's really a very wonderful guy.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I can't seem to stop jumping today - 153!! and 45 pull downs of 30# on the bowflex! and 15 Barre3.

Yea.......... I rock!

Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Oh, my! You'll be passing me up in no time.
    Doesn't it feel great? About two weeks in is when I noticed my thighs were getting thinner.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes. An exercise class, scrapbooking group, theater group, chorus...whatever. Something that makes You happy and is all your own.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Jumps? Did I miss something? Explanation, please.......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html