Page 267 of 610 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 6092

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 267

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Nice work with leaving those pie bars! A taste can be very dangerous.

That's what I love about this community, no matter how much someone struggles, we're still all here hoping for health with each other.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Still have 4 more bars sitting on the counter but they aren't bothering me too much. I would like to have a little "taste" - but I tasted last night so I know they are good - and very bad for me!

Hubby is at the boatshop today. Not "working" ............. at least not for pay. He's helping his best friend put together a boat he just bought. He's taking his wife on vacation to the Puget Sound in a couple weeks and really wants to have the boat done by then. If not - he has access to a smaller one that will work - but not be nearly as comfortable. So, hubby is offering his services to get the boat water worthy.

Okay - wife feeling sorry for herself rant coming............. I'm just venting so no need to even read it.........

I have to admit I get a little miffed about his dedication to his friends. He works 12-14 hours days and still offers to help out on their boats for no charge and time with me gets push off to the side. Yes, he comes home to me every single night - but sometimes, I get only an hour with him and its time to go to bed. during that hour we make and eat dinner and maybe watch tv, in the summer maybe sit on the patio. He always works until at least noon and Saturday. when we go to the lake we have AT least 2 people wanting to talk about troubles with their boat and they steal another hour or 2 away from me. During the week, his friends (most of them) are at the boatshop for probably 5 hours a week EACH. Between 12 and 1:30 on any given day his office looks like an episode from the Happy Days dinner during lunch time. I call them the boatshop groupies. Theres even one guy they call Lunch-time Bob, cuz he comes to the boatshop a couple times a week for lunch. So --- he works his ass off - but its social central all day at work. I guess I feel a bit jealous that everyone else gets so much of his time and I get whats left.............. literally. If someone else is asking for his time he gives it freely without ever saying......... I really need to spend that time with my wife. I don't like feeling like I'm low man on the totem pole.

Okay pity party over!

He's a good man, and he loves me dearly. He knows how much I love him and would never demand that he spend time with me instead of helping out a friend. yet, he knows I would like it if he could learn to say no once in while.

feeling sad.............better make myself busy so I don't think about it anymore.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Schedule time with him? I put DH in my calendar.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    What I had to do with my husband in a similar situation is start to be where he was. Working on a car in the garage? Handing him tools.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Well -- I could schedule time -- but that would require him having to say no to his friends. He would rather ask me to reschedule. Its okay........... I knew this would be the life I would have coming into this relationship. If I doubted his love for me it could be a marriage breaker............ but I know he loves me. He just has a very deep desire to "serve" in any way he can. Especially if it will make life better in some way for someone else. Its part of why I love him. I just need to let him be who he is. Its not like he never wants to be with me - its just not as often as I would prefer. His life is much fuller than mine, I understand that and I accept it. But once in a while I start to wish things were a little different.

We had a wonderful weekend together. Saturday he got home about 2:30 and we packed up and went to the lake. By the time to we got things done at home and got up there it was 6 - and by the time we got dinner it was 8. We ended up in a nice secluded cove (or so we thought). We got up in the morning to find that our quiet little cove was surrounded by a road, with a lot of traffic and fishermen. Oh well.......... We slept till 9:30!!!! Then had to go meet his friend (the boat fix from Saturday) at the dock. We spent the rest of the day with friends and family. I got to see an old friend from high school - probably hadn't seen this guy in about 30 years. It was a good day. No kayaking, but I spent a little time on the floatie thing. We got home around 7 and went for a nice bike ride - then had a little dinner, showered, watched some tv and he went to bed. I'll be going soon.

On Saturday night I forgot to pack my go to sleep pills.......... so I drank 2 Mike's and we went to bed. Food was totally primal! not a chip past my lips!! I snacked on nuts and drank water (except for the Mikes to help me sleep). Eggs and meat for breakfast, fish and ground beef for dinner and lunch. It all worked well. I didn't take any cookies. We had m&m's but they were untouched. Dinner tonight was tuna loin with mango salsa. Hubby ate blackberry pie bars with ice cream. I had one small bite of the pie. Its almost gone! Hopefully he will take the last 2 pieces to work with him tomorrow. If not - I can manage just fine and not eat it. It isn't that wonderful that I would want to make myself sick over it.

Gut has been great for 3 days! No pain - no diarrhea. Feeling good! I want to this to continue so I'm staying away from wheat and sugar! and rum!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Good for you! It is very wise of you to not try to change him. He sounds like a truly wonderful human being (you too!)

Life is better without sugar, wheat, and booze.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Good for you! It is very wise of you to not try to change him. He sounds like a truly wonderful human being (you too!)

Life is better without sugar, wheat, and booze.
    ^^ This! And good to see you're back on track and feeling good .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Great nights sleep! Slept 7.5 hours with only a couple wake ups to potty or because I was hot and sweaty.

I only work on Wednesday this week. Happy about that but not happy about how small my paycheck is going to be this week. Mortgage payment is going to be sad. My normal extra $1000 is going to be more like $400. Oh well. Maybe I can make up for it later. but I'm psyched about having some time off.

My plan is to get some projects around the house done. Maybe work out in the shop a little. And do some Goodwill shopping.

Weight today 184.4. I'm down 3.6 pounds from last Monday when I was at a HIGH! Still want to get to 178 before I start considering any loss a real loss since that is my primal low, which I've high twice before and then bounced right back up into the low 180's. So -- eat right and exercise and hope for the results I'm looking for.

Life IS better with no sugar, wheat and booze! Happy to see no ill effects from the Mike's on Saturday night. Its all gone now so I won't buy more and I'm good to go. There's about a shot of rum left - but I don't seem to have any trouble leaving it alone
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    At least there's still some extra! For me, making payments is all about, "Hey, at least I am making my payments!" Not in a place for extra right now
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    What I had to do with my husband in a similar situation is start to be where he was. Working on a car in the garage? Handing him tools.
    ^THIS!!

I think your hubby has a passion for working on boats. It's not a job to him... it's FUN. He enjoys it. Much like a person enjoys putting together puzzles, scrapbooking or gardening. It's a hobby that happens to pay him very well. So helping a friend with his boat serves double duty - he can work on boats (which he loves) and help a friend (which he enjoys). My advice to you - join him. On the days he's out working on a friend's boat - GO WITH! Sit and chat and hand him tools like honeybuns said. If I feel like I've been missing Brad, I go to the shop and help him work on his race car. It sure beats sitting at home feeling lonely.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)