Page 266 of 608 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 6079

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 266

tomi is offline Senior Member
    workout for the day: Complete house clean - including some spot carpet cleaning (with machine). 2 loads of laundry, fresh linens on the bed. 4 set of 20 speed jumps. Chased down the dog who was trying to escape the yard (I actually RAN)!!! Mow grass, rake flowerbeds. Grocery shopping. Cooking for company.

THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE!!!!! (I love that song)

End of it all I get to relax on the patio with hubby and friends and enjoy a nice bbq and a fire!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! You totally rock today.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    It might not be your cup of tea, but Gary Taubes book Why We Get Fat and What to do about it explains in detail how we can be starving our bodies of nutrients and yet still be fat. It changed my life, to be honest. Calories, carbs, insulin, fat - it is way more complicated than you would imagine. Oh yeah, throw in some hormones.

Congrats on a great day!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Maybe I will try to find those........ just for information sake - but I could use a life changer too!

I'm making a blackberry cobble bar for dessert tonight. I found it on facebook. It looks pretty good - and I don't like blackberries - so SCORE! Hubby and our dinner guests can have it - sure hope its good. There is a ton of sugar in it! 1.5 cups in the cake part - and 2 cups on the berries part! makes my teeth chatter just thinking of all the sweet...... eesh.

Okay here's the menu.

Our guest are bringing a tuna loin to throw on the bbq. I'm making grilled shrimp/pineapple skewers for appetizers. With the tuna we'll have a mango salsa, roasted zucchini, and bread. Then the cobbler thing for dessert, with ice cream. I'll be eating lots of skewers and tuna w/mango salsa.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 Guest
    That sounds amazing. Have fun and enjoy your skewers and tuna

Jendara is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    workout for the day: Complete house clean - including some spot carpet cleaning (with machine). 2 loads of laundry, fresh linens on the bed. 4 set of 20 speed jumps. Chased down the dog who was trying to escape the yard (I actually RAN)!!! Mow grass, rake flowerbeds. Grocery shopping. Cooking for company.

THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE!!!!! (I love that song)

End of it all I get to relax on the patio with hubby and friends and enjoy a nice bbq and a fire!
    Holy crap, good job!
    I call my day a success if I can get my kitchen clean, family room clean and everyone fed!
    Enjoy your BBQ!
    ~ Jenny
    The ridiculous, hilarious, sometimes infuriating and frustrating journal of one woman trying to feed a family caveman style.
    "It Takes A Village"
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread90638.html

"Canadian cavemen could have eaten poutine.."

Quote Originally Posted by Jendara View Post
    Holy crap, good job!
    I call my day a success if I can get my kitchen clean, family room clean and everyone fed!
    Enjoy your BBQ!
    ~ Jenny
    Haha! That normally my definition of a successful day as well!

Welcome to my world - hope you hang around and join the fun
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Another successful dinner gathering! Everything turned out perfectly - the grilled shrimp/pineapple skewers were so yummy! Who would think charred pineapple would be yummy? I wish I would have made more - cuz 2 just wasn't enough! The tuna was cooked to perfection with just a slight bit of raw in the middle! melt in your mouth fishy goodness! And the mango salsa was perfect with it. Grilled zucchini - again, charred yumminess. I skipped the bread and dessert (even the ice cream!) - I did have one very small taste of the Blackberry Pie Bars as we were cleaning up - WOOOF! I could have easily lost myself in that! I'm going to try to convert that recipe to primal some day. Hubby said it was THE BEST cobbler he's had in his life!

Mango Salsa Recipe -

Cilantro
    Mango
    Red Onion
    Cucumber
    Salt and Pepper

Dice - Mix - Chill - Serve! YUMMY!

I was understandably exhausted last night! Hubby rubbed peppermint lotion on my legs and some ice/hot stuff on my back. I slept good!

We were planning to go hiking today - but decided to lay low instead - hubby is at the shop until ?? noonish probably. Then I think we'll pack up and go to the boat for the weekend. I wouldn't at all mind just hanging at home and taking it REALLY easy. We'll see what happens.

Weight is down again this morning. Its been dropping about 1/2 pound a day since I got serious again. I'm still up from my primal low back in June. I hit 178 for a single day Shooting for that again - and then downward. I'm hoping to see that number within the next couple weeks - that would make me very happy and help with the drive to stay on the straight and narrow. I am feeling amazing again though - isn't it wild how just a couple days purely primal came have such wonderful results! I could have not done all the things I did yesterday had I been filled with toxins.

on to catch up on journals!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I just wanted to thank everyone for kicking me in the butt and getting me back on track. Without a doubt - this community and this website keep me moving forward in this lifestyle. I have a friend with MS who has seen a difference with a paleo diet - but she has no support, not even her husband will change his eating to match what she needs - and she struggles to stay paleo. She will go months or years eating SAD because its easier than trying to maintain when her entire family eats SAD. I need to get together with her and her husband and have a good heart to heart......... and maybe my husband will take a listen as well. There is MUCH to be said for like mindedness when you're going against the grain and a lifetime of teaching in the SAD way of eating. Support is really important.

I think its awesome to see the success stories where both the partners in a relationship are on the same page - eating the same way and having the same goals. You KNOW that is a recipe for SUCCESS! I mean - how can you fail? Unless BOTH people throw in the towel at the same time - one is going to encourage the other during slumps and weaknesses - right? That's a part of why I want hubby to get on board with me --- to make it easier. Of course the other reason is for his own personal health and wellbeing.

I keep hoping...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You know I'm hoping right along side you. That's all we can do.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)