Page 261 of 581 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 5804

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 261

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How was the burger, Tomi?

My hair is long too... I put it up every day. After 9 years in the Army and being forced to put my hair up each day, I can't stand anything on my neck - it makes me feel hot, claustrophobic and anxious. That being said, cutting it off requires too much maintenance (haircuts every 3-4 weeks?? No thanks), so I keep it long and just put it up in a ponytail every day. Drives my sister (a cosmetologist) crazy!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    The burger............ well - it tasted really good! and I ate the bun too. Bad choice on that one. Results of eating this food: Nausea, bloat, stomach ache ALL night, 4 trips to the bathroom within an hour of waking. Feeling a bit better now.

I've got to stay on the simple stuff.............. meat - eggs - fish - and continue to experiment with the fodmaps.

Going to eat some eggs in a bit. Work this afternoon and don't want to be sick.

Here's a picture of my BoBo Kitty trying to tell me to open the front door so she can come in.

image.jpg
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I feel so stinking lousy today! I got up at 8 after a terrible nights sleep, racked with pain and nausea, and terrible heat in our bedroom. Its now just before 1 pm and I should be leaving for work but I can't because my guts are still spewing what they don't like having in there! I've used the bathroom about 10 times already and it doesn't seem to be over yet. I may have to just call in sick today. I texted my manager that I'm going to be late. Normally I try to be at work by 1 pm. I have flexible hours so at least I'm not punching a clock. If I can't get there by 2 I don't see the need to go in at all.

Currently the lettuce that was on my burger is being flushed, undigested. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

So............. this is what I'm seeing so far on my do not eat list:

high fat foods
    deep fried foods
    dairy
    chocolate - milk, semi-sweet or dark
    most fruit
    most veggies
    commercial sauces, mayo and anything with soy
    coffee and tea -- caffeine in general

I know rice is a grain, but I might try adding it back in my diet and see if it causes fibromyalgia problems. I'm pretty sure I can eat white potatoes, but sweet potatoes sometimes cause issues. Maybe its the quantity?

This sucks...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Don't give up hope yet. If I recall correctly, you haven't yet finished doing your FODMAPs & elimination diet trials. A number of the things on your list aren't really primal/paleo anyway (since you are lactose intolerant, it's probably fair to say you should be doing some kind of paleo).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

yes - I should be doing strictly paleo with fodmaps rules. Boy is it difficult!!!

But I have to try.

today I ordered Acetyl cysteine - to breakdown biofilms in the gut.
    I also ordered N Acetyl Glucosamine and Glucosamine HCI

both are supposed to help rebuild the protective layer that lines the digestive tract. The article I read was convincing enough for me to try this approach. If it doesn't work it will cost me $45 and 3 months of hoping. If it does work then I should be able to eat a little more normally than I currently am.

In the meantime I am going to TRY very hard to stay on a very strict protein only diet. EGGS - FISH - CHICKEN - BEEF - NUTS.

UGH.................

feeling very ill today.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Hope you feel better soon.
    ^This. Sounds like a very unpleasant day.

Its a very sucky day........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 Guest
    Well, that just makes tomorrow so much better by comparison.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, Canio! IF I would just eat the right foods I know I would feel so much better.

Workout for the day:

Total of 30 jump ropes - 25 jump ropes with NO misses! (that's a new record)
    30 pull downs on the bowflex (#30 resistance)
    10 minute Core Barre3

I'm feeling good about the jump roping I'm nearly 53 and improving my health and fitness levels! Gotta love that.

I feel like I'm getting my head back in the right place............ I took a couple weeks off and ate some bad things. Didn't go completely AWOL, but strayed into some bad territory. No binges and nothing super awful --- but enough to mess up my guts again - and add some poundage.

I'm going to start recording everything that goes in my mouth in my journal so I'm not hiding anything or fooling myself into thinking I'm really not doing all that bad! With my gut issues and the difficulty I have shedding the pounds I need to stay on top of things at all times. I need to remember if I stray....... I get sick and my weight loss stops or reverses and I gain. The worst part is the getting sick. My body can't heal if I continue to feed it things that it can't handle. So, for a while I'm going to stick with only foods that I know my body will digest and will not make me feel sick.

Again - eggs, beef, fish, chicken, nuts.......... protein. I'm thinking I need a good solid month of eating just protein to allow my intestines to heal and be ready to start introducing other things. But I absolutely can not eat the things that I already know will cause me grief.

So -- today I have had 4 eggs and 1/4 cup mixed nuts (no peanuts). Later I'll edit to add what I eat this evening.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation