Page 260 of 460 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 4600

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 260

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tomi, I'm with you on the straying and gaining... I'm up 5 lbs as well. I feel it. I can't necessarily SEE it (haven't had anyone take a pic of me recently) but I can feel it. My belt/pants feel tight and uncomfortable. It's time to get back on track. I'm starting right now (as opposed to earlier today b/c I've had some sugary snacks that are making me feel oh so bloated - and they weren't even that good). We can do this.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya, Jenn. Time to put on the brakes and get back on course. I'm loving the idea of the "rumble strips" that P talks about in her journal.

I bought 2 6 packs of Mikes Hard when we put the boat in the lake. I've realized that it makes me feel very bloated. So I won't be buying any more of that. I suppose it has wheat in it?

It is very easy to have a little of this and a little of that and not think I'm eating very much of the wrong stuff. But if I sit down and make a list I start to see what I'm really doing. A little here and there adds up to a LOT in the big picture.

My weaknesses: Alcohol (like we don't all know that by now), m&m's, ice cream, corn chips.

I had all 4 in the past 2 weeks. And I've gained 5 pounds.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I never did shake the weight I gained when I quit my Whole30 on the 16th. I was up 3-4 pounds every day since then, and now I'm up another for a total of 5 lbs today.

My weaknesses recently have been Almond Joy, coconut M&Ms, ice cream, and dairy. Those are also my most inflammatory and triggering foods. I need to just avoid them at all costs. And usually I do well with avoiding them, but occasionally I fall off the rails and consume them for days at a time. I've been downing chocolate since Thursday or so.

okay, Jenn........... lets back on track starting right now!!!

I had eggs for breakfast - plan for dinner is steak and sweet potato.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Today I had 2 eggs, 3 bacon and an orange for breakfast. Lunch was leftover meatloaf, buttered potatoes and peas (I know, peas are off limits, but I still eat them once every few months). Dinner will also be steak and sweet potato.

I think peas tend to be in the grey area for a lot of people........... like corn and rice.

We've just made plans for company on Friday evening with a tuna loin on the bbq Saturday hubby and I are going to get away for a hike at Silver Falls State Park. I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

So this morning I jump roped - not long, I made 18 jumps and missed - then 14 more and missed, then 9 and missed - then couldn't even do 2 ........... so I quite. Then I did 15 pull downs of 30 pounds on the bowflex (tricep work) - then 15 minutes of Barre3 Standing Tall 2 with Sadie. I still haven't made it through the entire 30 minutes of that one. Its a killer! I'm a little achy and very tired now!

Work this month is on the shy side and my paycheck is not going to be a good one. That bothers me. I really want to be making more money so I can pay down the mortgage faster. I've been thinking of looking for a job with more stable hours. But, jobs are hard to come by these days.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Decreasing number of jumps is how I know when to quit also. You did over 40 of them, though!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Oh - I never think to add up the total! That's pretty good I guess. How many do you do?

Steak and sweet potato are not happening for dinner. Its too dang hot to cook so hubby is going to bring home burgers and fries from Nancy's Burgers and Fries. They are supposed to have GREAT food. I'll skip the buns and give hubby most of the fries.

This is from their website: Our burger buns are a special recipe that’s not too soft and not too hard. It’s just right. Our meat patties are 100% fresh ground sirloin, then formed right when we cook them. Everything we do is done fresh daily. Even our potatoes are imported from Idaho and they make the best fries. Our oil was chosen over 14 other brands. We offer four different cheese and 13 different toppings. We also offer a 100% ground Prime Rib burger.

I guess for "fast food" its the least offensive. Will let you know if its truly as good as they claim. We've heard they are a carbon copy of 5's Guys.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

I have been letting my hair grow out long. I really like it - but I now have an odd problem. My hair falls down between my boobs and it tickles!!! It also gets caught in my armpits - tangled up in my purse strap - and pulled by the seat belt!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    How many I do depends upon the day. Some days i do less than you did this morning, once in a great while I surprise myself and go past 80. It was a fluke, I am sure. I have found that arm and hand position determines whether I miss frequently or cruise on through. The best days are when I jump to failure,go do something else, jump to failure, go do something else....you get the picture. I have never gone more than 5 rounds of that and I always try to do three rounds. Sheer guts and determination. Bit by bit it is getting easier. I do alternate regular jumps with speed jumping and listen to when my legs say ENOUGH.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.