Page 259 of 581 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 5805

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 259

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah onions and garlic are both very high on the NO-NO list!!!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    There are vegetables and fruit that are low in FODMAPs and maybe you could try those. Zucchini for sure are on my 'green' FODMAP list! Also bell peppers (capsicum), carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, eggplant, kale, green beans, lettuce, parsnips, spinach, swiss chards,...
    Fruit: banana (ripe, not green!) , blueberries, grapefruit, honeydew melon, kiwifruit, lemon, lime, mandarin, oranges, papaya, passionfruit, pineapple, raspberry, rhubarb and strawberry shloud be fine. I eat most of these and don't react to them.

I noticed I can do little dairy (like a little hard cheese) but my bowels just go on strike when I eat a lot of it.

Are you taking a probiotic? And/or eating fermented foods?
    I'm going really slow at introducing things. If I have a bad tummy day I try to wait 4-5 days before trying something new. I know from past experience my NO list already contains yams/sweet potatoes, tomatoes, onions, apples, oranges, most melons, anything in the citric family. I know I'm good to go on just the basics.......... meat/fish/eggs/olive oil - and I know green beans and white potatos are safe. I'm still at the scared to try new things level. But I'm slowing adding things/eliminating things.

I'm not taking a probiotic right now. I have in the past and didn't see a benefit, but I was also eating whatever I wanted. At the moment I'm doing a one month parasite cleanse just to be sure it isn't an overgrowth or infestation! eewww!

Fermented food? nope. Don't like the tartness of fermented foods.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Ah onions and garlic are both very high on the NO-NO list!!!
    and I so LOVE them both!!! BOOO HOOOO!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I've had to give up pepers as well. Seems like some nightshade vegetables are not my friend. I do well using green onions for cooking instead of regular onions, though. You might give that a try.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Good tip - I will have to try that.

I've been feeling crappy all day - thinking there is no way just a little onion could do that much damage - then about 5 I remembered that I've been taking the para90 (parasite killer) for about 3 days now. Time for it to start doing its thing. I wonder if it also has something to do with the flank pain I had this morning. Can you have parasites in your kidneys? That would be weird. But it could explain the pain. So, if I'm feeling this much discomfort from the para90 then there must be some bugs in there not liking things and starting a riot!

We've had a very quiet day at home. I got the business bills done, balanced the account and updated QuickBooks. I filed everything instead of making a pile for future filing. I vacuumed. I pulled weeds and watered plants. Yesterday our Zero Gravity patio chairs came - so while I was busy with all that stuff hubby was sleeping in the sun! He very much needed that rest! I took him a glass of iced tea and told him to stay put.

Now we'll relax for the rest of the evening on the patio.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    relaxing on the patio sounds wonderful!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    relaxing on the patio sounds wonderful!
    It was wonderful. A friend came by and we stayed out on the patio by the fire until about 11:30 - then came in and starting watching dumb movies - went to bed at 3 am. Dumb.

Gut is feeling a bit better today so I'm thinking the parasite killer is the cause of my feeling so lousy yesterday.

My weight it back up to 185. Time to knock off the chocolate and rum again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    I'm planning on another parasite round soon, I am still having some days when all I do is run to the bathroom all morning. Sticking with meat, eggs and a little vegetation in the way of romaine and cucumber. Likely the romaine is doing it ....

Love that you are planning a getaway trip for your anniversary !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    and I so LOVE them both!!! BOOO HOOOO!
    I am with you, girl! I used to put them in everything...well almost everything! And my favorite spice blends contain both onion powder and garlic powder *sigh*. I do make them myself, so I'll just have to make them without onion and garlic powder, but it just ain't the same .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My biggest struggle with spices/spice blends come when hubby does the cooking. He can't cook without lots of spices!! I have learned to go back to the basics of salt and pepper for the most part. He's learning that I need to have him exercise caution when he is cooking food for both of us to eat.

Okay.............. time to re-evaluate my current behavior. Been enjoying corn chips too often. Been having alcohol too often and too much. Been letting a few non-primal snacks pass my lips. Its showing on the scale. I'm back up to 188. I'm sure the majority of it is water retention from too much salt because my overall calorie intake has been right around 1500. So - I'm going to get back to the basics again.

100% paleo/VLC

Barre3 --- jump rope --- bowflex --- every day

Boring as hell - but it works to move me towards my goals.

We went to the lake Sunday and spent some time in the kayaks. Its a great workout for the arms!!!

My friend posted a picture of hubby and I on her fb page. OMG! What a fat person I am. I'd like to slap her for putting that picture up for all the world to see. But - truth is truth right? I've let myself get fat, frumpy and gross. I've made some improvements - but for the most part I am very saddened and embarrassed by my appearance.

Not feeling very good about anything today.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation