Page 258 of 541 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 5409

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 258

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think I'm going to try to find a little beach house to rent................

A wedding in San Diego sounds wonderful!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    I'm in San Diego, well, northern San Diego county. Look at places on VRBO (vacation rental by owner) if you've never checked them out. When we would vacation here, before moving, we found some really good deals. I have a love-hate relationship with it here. I love the weather, hate the traffic, love the convenience and availability of good quality food, hate the traffic. Housing is quite expensive too. My husband always says sunshine is expensive! Sadly, I think we are moving back to PA later in the year. Family issues and responsibilities are hard to handle from the other side of the country. I will miss it.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your journal. I still follow your progress and enjoy reading about your life. If you do make it down this way, let me know! Maybe we could meet up, if you'd want to take a little detour from your anniversary trip. Our anniversary is in October too!

Well, plans changed a bit. I put a note on FB to get suggestions for a vacation destination. Hubby's cousin offered us the use of their house in Phoenix for FREE! Its a really nice house. They live in Oregon - but for some reason also have a house in Phoenix that they go to once a month. So............. we're going to Arizona. FREE air and FREE housing. What could be better?

KimT ............ I agree with you on the traffic. YUCK. I do my best to stay away from Portland for that very reason - and its not as bad as San Diego.

I thought I would be having the day off - but it seems I have work to do so will be going in this morning. This afternoon I am going to help my friend straighten up and organize her mom and dads house while her mom is still in the hospital.

So off I go...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I disagree-- Portland's traffic is worse than San Diego. San Diego has more freeways and they don't have ridiculously low speed zones when traveling through populated areas.

My kids will tell anyone that I never had "road rage" in all the years I lived in SD. Here, however, is a different story. People drive slow, don't know how to merge... And, the speed zones drive me crazy- one street will be 30mph, then you turn the corner and the next street will be 25mph with no rhyme or reason.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    I'd take the offer a free place too! I've only been to AZ once, but really liked it! Hope you have a great time!

I've never driven in Portland, marcadav, so I'll take your word for it that it's worse than San Diego. I'm from south of Pittsburgh, PA, so very country feel. 2 lane highways each direction and speed limit 55. I used to hate going in to Pittsburgh, but after driving here and spending 5 months commuting to LA from SD, back home is like a walk in the park (very primal).

Well I guess I was referring to the numbers of cars on the road more than the way people drive. I agree that the traffic in Portland is screwy! We seem to have a bigger "comfort bubble" than drivers in California which definitely messes with how we merge or change lanes. I'm happy to not have to drive in Portland very often
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Well I didn't think I would need to go in to the office today but work seems to just materialize out of thin air sometimes. I had 3 new patient packets to abstract and then I did some work for the biller. Just some paper sorting and organizing. but I managed to log another 4 hours. I would be happier to get in a full 15 hours a week but it rarely happens.

Was supposed to be helping my bestie at her parents apartment today but its 2:15 and she hasn't called me yet. So I will find something else to do. I think I might run to Lowes and get some white paint for the exterior of the house. We have some trim that is in great need of painting!

Arizona plans are in the making. I told the manager what days I will be out of the office. I've confirmed dates with the home owners. I've talked to hubby to confirm he's comfortable being away from the shop for a few days in October. I'm looking for a dog/cat sitter. I've started to put together a list of fun things we can do while we're there. Most of which will be hiking related. I need to book our flights and reserve a rental - hubby wants to get a convertible since we aren't having to pay for the lodging! I think I will look into that. The house has a pool in the backyard and he is already exclaiming a NO SUIT policy! My husband........... oye!

I want to work on taking off some more weight before this trip as I will feel more comfortable in the heat if I'm not so "fluffy" I've got 12 weeks. If I could lose even 12 pounds that would help immensely!! I would probably be able to wear most of the capri's and all of the tops that I have tucked away in my closet. So....... clean eating and doing my jump rope, barre3 and weights is my priority. I had another talk with hubby last night about ditching the rum until I get my weight where I'm comfortable - he's always okay with it, but we don't seem to follow through with the plan. I think its my fault.

Hubby's best friend took our truck to Portland last night to do some boatshop deliveries/pick ups and to do some personal stuff. He stopped to get something to eat and while he was at the restaurant someone busted out the passenger window and stole his laptop. Damn little bastards!! Keep in mind this is a Ford F350. I can't even see in the windows without standing on my tip toes - so they weren't just passing by and happened to see a laptop laying on the seat - they were cruising the parking lot looking for things to steal. He has some sensitive info on his computer - all of which is accessible to someone who knows what they are doing. In particular, he has some client info stored in a file on DropBox. When he got back to our house he changed some passwords and added more security hoping that would be enough to keep the files safe. When he got home he was going to take the files out of dropbox, store them on his PC and delete the drop box files. Why do people have to do shit like that? I told hubby I REALLY wish I believed in and knew how to put a HEX on those little bastards! I think I would make a finger/toe/penis fall off for every bad deed they've done in their life......... starting with the penis! I hate people who intentionally cause grief for others.

One good thing that came out of it......... hubby finally see's why I am so careful about leaving things in plain sight in the vehicles. And he's going to stop using his briefcase as a traveling cash box.

Now we have to get the window in our truck replaced. Unfortunately it was the passenger side window - if they would have broken the drivers side it would have been better because that one doesn't work so good..... bummer.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hubby got the window of the truck fixed. cost us $185 and we're waiting to find out if insurance will pay for it. GRRRR.

I took mom shopping this morning and then we met my sister for lunch. It was nice - but I've learned that my lactose intolerance now encompassed cheese as well as milk and cream. So - no more dairy without a pill. I wonder if I should also include butter - or start making ghee. I ate had a bacon and cheese omelets (I never know how to spell that word), and hashed browns. It was good, but by the time I got home I was in NEED of the bathroom. I didn't have a severe reaction as I do when I have milk or cream without a pill, but it was bad enough to tell me I need to avoid dairy unless I have pills on hand.

I'm learning........ slowly............ what triggers my gut issues. The trouble is I'm finding more and more things that cause problems leaving me less and less things that I can eat without consequence. I'm trying to get back to a meat/eggs/fish only diet for a bit to calm things down and start again. But I'm struggling. Last night our neighbor brought us a nice full plate of Kokanee filets Hubby grilled those up on the charcoal grill and also grilled a couple small zucchini (from our garden) and it was really really yummy!!! I only ate a few bites of the zucchini. I don't think I'm doing well at all with my goal to get my weight loss moving again. Eating and drinking the wrong things. I'm not happy with myself right now.

Still struggling with the dang pond! We bought about 20 water hyacinths and then we had all the rain and the temps were low and most of them died.......... grrrr! Could also be the high pH of the water. Today I poured in 2 gallons of distilled white vinegar. HOPING to see a change in the water in the next few days. It doesn't have as strong of a smell as it did a month ago - and there is less floating algae clumps......... but still isn't clear like I want it. I'm so frustrated with it!

I worked in the yard for a bit this afternoon............ watered and fertilized all the pots and hanging baskets and pulled a LOT of spurge. That stuff grows like gang-busters here. And its really hard to kill with weed killers. So far I haven't got it in the lawn but its starting to appear at the edges of the lawn. Speaking of lawn............... UGH! ours in NEED of a good edging! I'm considering calling a lawn service to do it cuz its a HUGE job!! We have 1-3" rock around 75% of the yard and the grass is encroaching on the rock........... it needs to be pulled back out of the rock and its a bigger job than I want to tackle. I've started in a few places and its not easy. If I did just a little every day I think I could get it done by the end of the summer. Maybe I need to make that my goal. I also need to paint the outside trim and finish the staining of the new wood in the livingroom. I'm not doing very good at getting these projects done. Time to reassess my goals.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

sick this morning. I woke up with pretty bad flank pain on the right side with pain radiating to just above the pubic bone. I'm thinking kidney stone. It went away after about an hour but I was starting to wonder if a trip to the ER was needed. Then my gut issues kicked in and I've been running to the bathroom all morning. We ate Mexican last night but I thought I was ordering a safe dish. It was a shrimp thing. There were onions in it. Probably shouldn't have done that. But now I know --- onions are out. And the don't eat list continues to grow!

my weight is going UP --- whats up with that?

Not sure whats on the agenda for the day. Hubby is at the boatshop for a bit, should be home before long. We might just hang at home.

Gonna go do some hard work................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    There are vegetables and fruit that are low in FODMAPs and maybe you could try those. Zucchini for sure are on my 'green' FODMAP list! Also bell peppers (capsicum), carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, eggplant, kale, green beans, lettuce, parsnips, spinach, swiss chards,...
    Fruit: banana (ripe, not green!) , blueberries, grapefruit, honeydew melon, kiwifruit, lemon, lime, mandarin, oranges, papaya, passionfruit, pineapple, raspberry, rhubarb and strawberry shloud be fine. I eat most of these and don't react to them.

I noticed I can do little dairy (like a little hard cheese) but my bowels just go on strike when I eat a lot of it.

Are you taking a probiotic? And/or eating fermented foods?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)