Page 257 of 520 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 5197

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 257

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Nice work with hubby. Sounds like you communicated your needs well.

As for the diet stuff, don't give up hope. Keep reading, there's so much information out there. I know it's overwhelming, but there are all kinds of protocols that might help. Gelatin is very healing and I've started taking it to see if helps with my gut issues. Too soon to say, but I bet something like that would be good for you.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I saw that you are trying to gelatin and was wondering if it might help my gut issues. I've read that after a long stretch of NO fodmaps that some people find they can eat them in moderation with little to no discomfort. I'm hoping that will be true for me. But at the moment even a small amount causes big issues. I'm finding it is REALLY hard to stay on an ALL protein diet for more than 4-5 days at a time. I want crunchy salty stuff like corn chips --- or sweet creamy stuff like ice cream. Dairy I can do as long as I take a pill for the lactose - but I don't need the bloat that it causes. I've been eating corn chips daily for about 2 weeks now and I need to stop so I can clean up my system again.

Today I am eating clean!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Get yourself a copy of Practical Paleo. She has different protocols with a 30 day menu plan for each protocol. I believe gut issues and FODMAPS were protocols she included.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

thanks, Jenn I'll look for that. would be easier with some guidance!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

My best friend's mom (the one visiting from Korea) has just been admitted to the hospital - possible bowel obstruction. Maybe related to an appendectomy a year ago. Waiting to hear if they are going to do surgery. I'm heading to the hospital now.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

ended up not going to the hospital. I sent my friend this text "should I come down or it too crowded down there?" Her response was....... "not needed. Thanx."

What the hell does that mean? Maybe I have overstep the boundaries of our friendship? Maybe she isn't comfortable with me being so close to the family? Whatever.......... I'm not going to let it get it me down. But I will most likely pull back a bit from the friendship and see what happens. If I have crowded her a bit I need to respect her boundaries and give her some space. She's more of a sister than a friend............. we've been close since 1972 for heavens sake! And her family is like my family. Her parents are very special to me - I love them very much and if something where to happen to them it would hurt me very deeply. But........... they aren't MY family. I am a family friend and I must respect the limitations of that honor.

Oh sometimes life is complicated.

I want rum.............

Food today: 4 eggs - a medium sized burger patty w/ketchup - a small handful of bittersweet dark chocolate chips. I think I will eat some pulled pork or chicken breast - both are left overs in the fridge. Will see what hubby wants and I will eat the other.

Speaking of hubby........ he stayed late to help his best friend pull the engine out his newly purchased used boat. Its 8:25 pm and he just texted that he's on the way home. He's a good man. I'm a blessed woman.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I ate well yesterday. Eggs, ground beef w/ketchup, a little dark chocolate, pulled pork and a small red potato with butter.

Not whole30 cuz I had ketchup and butter and dark chocolate. But........... close. WHOLE-ISH is better than nothing.

Today I am going back to basics but I don't think I'm going to try to do the strict whole30 thing. I'm pretty much in control of what I'm eating at the moment. I have 2 containers of ice cream in the freezer that I'm not even remotely interested in, and the m&m's bags are staying closed So I think I'm good to go and don't need to "cleanse" with a whole30. Sometimes I think I would like to live 100% paleo --- but with a spouse who is nowhere near even 50% primal it would be too difficult and I'm not going to add that kind of stress to my life. I'm not saying I won't attempt another whole30 in the future - but now is not the time. Anyway........... no dark chocolate cuz it messes with the bowels.

Trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I think its time to search the primal/paleo blogs for some ideas. I think I'm going to make some primal hot wings. yummy!

I didn't talk to my friend after the surgery. She texted that all went well but I didn't hear anything after her mom came out of recovery so I'm guessing all is fine. I sent her a text this morning asking if all went well. I talked to hubby about it last night but realized it wasn't really bothering me so I just let it go and I'm fine. I think I've reached that place in life when I can just things roll off my back instead of making a mountain out of a mole hill. If my friend has issues with me being too close to her family then I will simply respect that and pull back a little. I have no problem doing that - if it makes her more comfortable. She's more important to me than any of them anyway.

Okay - for the past week I've been toying with the idea of doing a cosmetic procedure............... a laser lipo on my abdomen. Hubby is okay with me doing this and even the money isn't an issue. So I've been researching and contemplating. I decided not to do it. I may decide to do it if I can't get rid of the fat around my mid-section with diet and working on muscle and tone. But I'm going to lose the fat naturally - not have it surgically removed. Even if I spent the money and had it done - I still need to lose weight to get the rest of my body to look the way I want - so whats the point? Lose weight first......... then maybe, but I'm 95% sure I won't need it. Today I have no bloat in my mid-section and that feels really great!

I've been a little lazy about my workouts so today I'm going to get focused again. Jump rope, Barre3 and maybe a walk.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Jump rope - Barre3 - Weights

Making 4 eggs and then I'll go shower and go to work.

I think when I get home today I'll get out the bike and go for a nice ride. I sure wish I had easy access to a good bike path..... but I don't I'd rather ride a path than the streets. But, my neighborhood is pretty quiet so its not too bad.

for giggles I calculated my calories for yesterday - they came out to just about 1400. Didn't bother with macros since I eat mostly fat/protein. I did have a small red potato yesterday so that's probably less than 50 carbs. The thing is --- yesterday I ate more than I normally do. So I am guessing my calories are down around 1200 or less when I'm eating twice a day with a small snack in the afternoon. It works for me ......... but I need to get the fat loss going again. I need to step up the movement!!! I've been sorta slug-like for the past 2 weeks. I don't do well in the heat and its been in the upper 80's - lower 90's for too long! My perfect performance temp is 75-80 That's my sweet spot! I should move to San Diego.

Maybe I'll see if hubby wants to plan a trip sometime in the fall........ a long weekend to Southern Cal would be fun. See the zoo and the animal park! We have plenty of miles on our credit card so the flights would be free! We'd need a hotel, food and fun money. I'm going to see if I can put something together......... Maybe even plan a surprise weekend. Our anniversary is October 13. Maybe I will work it around that......... Yes, I'm going to do it! Our anniversary falls on a Sunday. We could leave Friday and come home Monday. Just need a dog/cat sitter. Maybe oldest step daughter would do it - that way I don't have to pay for it.

off to do some planning.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Your trip sounds fun. And Cali is very paleo friendly with numerous paleo/locally sourced restaurants. Have fun planning!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I'm heading to San Diego in September. My son is getting married.