Page 256 of 611 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 6109

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 256

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I tried baking powder and nothing happened. then I looked it up and saw the ph of baking powder is 8.5 --- so, I need something with a lower ph to really make a difference. the pond is about 2800 gallons so dumping and starting over would be difficult. I'd need a sump pump and I couldn't completely drain it because of the fish. That being said............... if I can't get this think cleared up in the next couple weeks I'm going to drain it and refill it with well water since I read it is naturally more acidic. I should test my well water and see where it falls. the whole thing is getting very frustrating! we've had the pond for 7 years and for the first 5 years it was always crystal clear - then last year it went green on us and we haven't been about to fix it. No string algae for the past 2 years, but lots of free floating little algae that makes the water look green and murky. and it smells like a "pond" yucky! Even makes the dogs breath smell like pond when he drinks out of it - which is all the time cuz that is his main source of water. Ya know - why put down a bowl and make a mess all over the floor when he can just go outside and drink to his hearts content. the fish nibble on his ears as he's slurping up the water.

Whole30 fail today................... I can't even bring myself to admit what I ate. First time I have gave into to *this* since I starting eating primal in November of 2011. UGH.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Can you pour hydrochloric acid in it? Or borax? Something that is significantly acidic? If it were me, I'd probably take the fish out and put them in a bucket, drain the pond, then use a dip net to put the fish back. Do you have a pleco fish or other algea eating fish?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Pond snails?
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I don't want to do the acid thing cuz it can burn the fishie's eyes. Can have a pond full of blind fish running into the rocks!

We put snails in there once before - but I think they may have all gotten eaten by the fish? Pleco don't survive the winters here. We did that one year - put in 2 - but at $12 a pop - it isn't a viable option. We'd need about 10 to do a good job of eating the algae. I think we may try snails again. NOTS of snails! But - then we have to worry about them crawling out and eating our flowers that are around the pond. This morning I poured in 3/4 of a gallon Distilled White Vinegar. I'll give that a couple days and see if there is any difference.

My body is doing very strange things. This morning I slipped into a pair of size 12 capri's that just 2 weeks ago didn't fit over the butt and wouldn't zip. Today they are loose in the waist. My boobs were a FULL D cup a month ago and now barely fill a C cup. But - I haven't lost weight. I'm 181 this morning. I'm wearing clothes that I wore when I was 15 pounds thinner 2 years ago.

My best friend stayed the night with us last night we had dinner out with her brother and his partner (my boss and my manager) Dinner was really good. I ate a Pork Belly --- yes, I said Pork Belly! A grilled slab of uncut and uncured bacon! it was YUMMY! Probably 75% fat and cooked to perfection. It was paired with a wonderful apple/cabbage salad with just a little coating of (I think) mayo and seasonings. Nearly a perfect whole30 meal, and I didn't get sick from the apples - a definite PLUS. then we came home and hubby had a fire going on the patio! yeah for hubby. We spent a couple hours talking then hit the sack. This morning we got up and went for a wonderful 3.5 mile walk - stopping at Starbucks for her morning iced latte. She stayed until about 1 pm and then off she went...... I'm hoping to see her again before she jets back to Korea for another year. It sounds like they are planning to spend this Christmas there so I won't see her until next June. *sadheart*

In a couple hours we are going to the river to watch the fireworks from our friends boat and bbq burgers for dinner! yum. tomorrow we are packing up for the weekend -- lots of food and the dog! Off to the boat. I told hubby he is not allowed to answer his phone if he knows it is someone that is going to ask him about fixing their boat or even going to rescue someone who is stranded. that's what the sheriff is out there for! He worked from 6 am to 9 pm yesterday, and working 6 hours this morning. He needs a good long weekend to do nothing but lounge, swim, kayak, sleep, eat and laugh! and I fully intend to make sure that happens.

I hope you all will have a wonderful weekend! I'll be off the grid until sunday night or Monday morning. Happy 4th of July - and God Bless our Military passed and present for the freedoms we so enjoy! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Whole30 --- doing good but not stellar, and certainly not perfect. But I'm happy with my choices and I have no regrets. I did weight today since my clothes were fitting so different. Since starting Whole30 on July 1 I have lost 4 pounds. Maybe I will finally settle into the 170's during this current run of whole30. I would be happy happy girl to see that happen.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hey, you are building muscle and that is why the scale isn't changing. So pleased that you are seeing positive things starting to happen!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Way to go Tomi! You are my inspiration.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Way to go Tomi! You are my inspiration.
    wow.......... I'm quite the screw up - but if I can inspire maybe I should be a little more careful!

The weekend was WONDERFUL (except for one person who thinks Dennis is his personal on-call boat mechanic) When we started heading to the lake I asked him where his cell phone was - he told me he hid it so I wouldn't take it away from him. Just as I predicted he was roped into adjusting the timing on Tony's boat. Then called a couple times more cuz Tony was "dead in the water, trying to limp to the boat ramp". I got angry at him for not turning off the damn cell phone! I told him "you can not be on-call 24/7! You need to have time off work - and I need to have you all mine once in a while!" I think he got it at that point and the rest of the weekend was perfect.

Foodwise: I had a few Mikes Hard Mango Punch (4 total over the 3 days). A few too many m&m's. A cookie or 2. Eggs/bacon for breakfast Saturday and Sunday. Burgers/potatoes for dinner Friday. Saturday was left over pulled pork. Sunday we threw together crab cakes (sourdough bread and ritz crackers) and cooked shrimp in garlic butter for a late lunch. We skipped dinner last night. Only 2 meals each day - and very little snacking. I had lots of primal snacks on hand, nuts and dark chocolate bits.

Hubby and I kayaked on Saturday and Sunday - good long runs, I'm guessing we were paddling for at least an hour on each run! It was so much fun! I thought my arms would be sore but they aren't!

So - overall I feel really good about the weekend. I wasn't 100% whole30 - but I didn't plan to be. I did pretty good and I'm happy with the choices I made. Now its back to business and back to working on getting some more fat melted off!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

all caught up on everyone's journals Life is good.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pond is still a little murky - but better than before I added 2 gallons of white distilled vinegar. But according to the dip sticks the pH is still off the charts. Maybe I should invest in new test strips - these are about 5 years old. However, the water test kit also registers high so I'm thinking the strips are still good.

Work is a little slow today - hence my break to MDA. I'm about to change hats and move on to the mail/bank deposit side of things.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pond is clearing up - going to add more vinegar.

Hubby called to ask me to bring a part to the shop that he forgot to grab this morning. I found an awful lot of traffic on the way and found out a poultry truck had overturned by the Honda dealer and spilled hundreds of chickens into the car lot and all over the road! What a mess. I went home a different way to avoid all the traffic jams. That corner is notorious for truck overturns. They don't slow down enough. Idiots!

Tummy is yucky today. I drank some rum last night. Rum has got to go on my NO list. Bummer. I'm 95% convinced that I have fructose malabsorption. It has to be that because when I don't eat or drink anything with fodmaps I don't get sick and my BMs normalize. I guess I'm going to be destined to eating a diet of meat/fish/eggs for the rest of my life. :*( I put all the rum and coke out in the garage, and all the Mikes that didn't get drank over the weekend on the lake. I've been here before --- I want to stop drinking any and all forms of alcohol - so that will be my long term goal. Reading Paula's journal and seeing what she wrote about breaking down large goals into small tasks is a good plan. I started by moving the stuff into the garage. That's my declaration of "this does not belong in my house anymore". It was one thing when the alcohol was causing stalls in my weight loss efforts - but when it obviously makes me ill then it's seriously time to keep the stuff out of my system.

I have to call in after 5 pm today to see if I will need to report for Jury duty tomorrow. I sure hope not. But, if not this time they'll get me again in a couple months. I wonder if each time they summon you the number you're assigned gets smaller until you're forced to report. Even if I go in it doesn't mean I will have to sit on a jury. They might not pick me. I need to eat carefully today so my tummy is okay tomorrow. I might just have to take a anti-diarrhea pill to ensure no troubles tomorrow.

I had a talk last night with hubby about settings boundaries to protect our weekends from customers thinking he is on call 24/7. I explained that when we have a weekend to get away together and relax with friends/family or just the 2 of us that I get very protective of that time. I make it a priority to make him my main focus and I would like him to do the same. I told him when other people take him away from me I feel like I fall further and further down on his list of priorities and it hurts my feelings. He said he understood and would make a better effort at keeping our weekends boatshop duty free. We'll see how the rest of the summer pans out.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation