Page 254 of 563 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 5621

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 254

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    okay - so I'll start at 185.4

for the first time since I started losing weight someone noticed!!! One of my co-workers said I look slimmer! that. felt. GOOD!!!!

Maybe this month of whole30 will have more people noticing.(fingers crossed!)

food today: 3 eggs, and a bowl of pulled pork. Its like candy! yummers! I'll eat something more later.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think it's the strength training that is making you look skinny! I started getting the same type of comments after I started lifting. No matter what it is, it feels great to hear people say it!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    I love the thought process behind changing your weight I actually had to laugh because I've been known to do the same stuff. I started my Whole? today and completely forgot to weigh myself! Probably not a bad thing as I didn't sleep well and that is never a recipe for weight loss.

Awesome that others are noticing the work you are putting in!
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

For me this whole process is in my thought patterns. I don't crave sweets anymore So I know I've conquered that demon. But I will still fall into bad habits of eating non-primal foods just because I love them! My beef/bacon/bean casserole is to die for! No, don't ask for the recipe............. you'll regret ever letting it pass your lips! And I have to say that my potato salad is pretty dang awesome! Whenever we have to go bring a dish to a gathering I have people begging for both.

That being said........... when I eat the non-primal foods I have huge fibro flares!!! So, its not just that I gain weight, I also suffer physically. Luckily I don't make those 2 items more than 2-3 times a year.

Yesterday all I ate was the eggs and pulled pork. I wasn't hungry for anything more. Weird. Today, I don't have any eggs so I thing I'm going to have pulled pork for breakfast. I have found a decrease in my hunger level with eating a zero carb diet. I mean a HUGE decrease. I can easily go long periods without eating. I had a bowl of pulled pork at 5:30 pm yesterday and it is now 9:30 am and I am just beginning to feel the need to eat. that's 16 hours. And that's after having maybe 700 calories. How can I be satisfied on only 700 calories? But I am. I'm not limiting or depriving myself, I'm just eating until I don't want any more. I know I'm going to get the "don't fall into starvation mode" comments --- but if my body is satisfied I don't think I'll be going into starvation mode. Won't my body tell me when I need to eat? Like right now.......... my tummy is starting to grumble. So I should eat now.

I need to make a pot of Butter Chicken for BIL who had knee replacement surgery yesterday. He'll be home tomorrow and will need to easy to fix food so he isn't having to stand in the kitchen too long. He lives with his mom (my MIL) and takes care of her so quick and easy in on the menu for a while. I need a couple things from the store so will stop after work and do the cooking tonight.

My best friend (who has been living in Korea) is home for about 7 weeks on summer break. She and her hubby have been so busy that I haven't seen her yet. She's coming tomorrow and will spend the night and then go on with all their visiting and traveling. I likely will only see her this once. Then they will be in Korea for another year or 2. I don't know if they will be coming back to the states for Christmas again......... I think probably they will as they get really homesick. She and I have been friends since the 8th grade. Wow.......... nearly 40 years. We were cheerleaders together for a couple years, then college roommates for a year, we were bridesmaids in each others weddings and have maintained our friendship through all our adult years. Sometimes time and geographical distance came between getting together, but we've always been close.

I'm getting some time off later this month. I have the option of taking the week of the 22nd off if I want to. That's my birthday week so I might just do that! I also have been called for jury duty again - since my number didn't get called a couple months ago I've been put back into the pot. So, I have to call in on the 9th to see if I need to report on the 10th. Ugh. I don't want to do this, but it is my "civic duty".
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Day 2 Whole30/zero carb:

So I ate a bowl of pulled pork - maybe 1 1/2 cups - and it turned into several "runs" to the bathroom. No pain and discomfort, just urgency. I'm hoping its over now because I need to leave for work soon. And I have a couple stops on the way - bank and mail drop. I think I will take a anti-diarrheal just to make sure the rest of the day is "run-free".

On the 3rd: Lynnie is coming - we'll have dinner out and then she'll stay the night (must get room ready!)

On the 4th: We are meeting with a bunch of friends to watch the fireworks on the river - literally ON the water. We're taking 3 boats and will anchor near the park where they blow off the fireworks.

On the 5th: I have to take mom shopping in the morning. We will pack up and go to the lake in the afternoon. My son decided he wanted to come to for the entire weekend - not thrilled with that cuz I was hoping for alone time with the hubby - but its okay. My son needs to find a life outside of family. He's doing great in his career - but his social life is still very much lacking.

On the 6th: We will be on the lake watching the Detroit fireworks. they put on a very good display and its never a disappointment. Planning to get in some kayaking this weekend! With my son there to babysit the dog we should be free to go as long as we want and not worry.

On the 7th: back home to unpack and re-group for the week ahead. I'm sure the 8th will be a whirl wind at the boatshop with everyone needing boats fixed. My husband works so dang hard - I hope he can get lots of rest over the weekend. He came home last night and told me they had 6 boats scheduled to be done by the 4th at the beginning of the day..... and by the end of the day that number had increased to 12! Praise the Lord for broken boats....... but boy do those men earn their pay!!!

With the heat wave the grass hasn't grown and I shouldn't need to mow until after we get back from the lake. I'm watering today though so that could change. Maybe a once over with the mower set on "mulch" - its much faster when I'm not stopping to empty the bag 6 times.

Suppose I should be heading out the door now............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Just a thought but if your body is getting used to anti-diarrheals then you may need to stop for a month to let your body normalize.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

You can still have potato salad - if you make it with homemade paleo mayo. Google recipes for miracle whip if that's what you normally use as the dressing (some do - like my mom) - substitute honey or stevia (ugh) instead of sugar. I still make deviled eggs - but I make my own mayo now. It's quick and easy... honestly.

I make German Potato salad now.
    Female 53

what's that?

You use bacon, onion, white vinegar with the potatoes. This is the recipe I use Authentic German Potato Salad Recipe - Allrecipes.com
    Female 53