Page 252 of 538 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 5380

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 252

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Laura! and welcome to my world.

GAPS .............. heard about it, but haven't really investigated. I'm not sure I could do the offal or the fermented stuff. (eeew) But I will certainly do some reading. Thanks. When I eat strictly meat/fish/eggs I don't have any issues with my tummy. But anything added gives me pain and diarrhea.

Weight loss and hubby.......... I've asked him about that and he assures me that he has 100% trust in me and has never even considered that I might cheat like the ex did. I'm sure he loves me even if I'm a butterball - so I think weight loss doesn't matter much to him. He has a very relaxed outlook on life --- too much so I think. He needs to care more about our health.

do you have a journal? if you add it to your signature then we can all join in!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Time to go mow the grass......... but first I need to de-spider! the webs are everywhere!!! I look like an idiot - but I go around the entire yard with a broom knocking down spider webs that are attached the tree's and banana plants. If I don't I end up with spiders all over me! Right now they are just little - but they will get BIG soon enough! Might be a good time to do a bug spray around the yard.

Gotta clean up the doggy poop before I mow too. Then I will get out the blower and do a quick cleaning of the paved areas.

I got all the new flowers in the pots yesterday and the laundry is almost done. The pork butt is in the roaster and all the other food is done!

I still need a couple things from the store that I forgot to grab. Good paper plates. Some decon cuz I have a mouse problem in one cupboard. And mustard.

We are expecting 15 guests tonight. Should be fun!

Confession: I have been doing pretty lousy on the fodmaps diet. I've had rum several nights - and I've had several veggies. Last night my dinner was totally not primal. I was tired and very hungry and didn't want to make the effort of grilling the steak I had thawed - so I found some frozen chicken stuff and popped it in the oven. I didn't even eat 1/4 of what I warmed up.

Food yesterday: 4 eggs. A handful of cornchips. A Hershey bar (that made me sick cuz it has milk in it). A brownie. Franken-chicken. Rum/diet coke.

TOTAL FAIL!!!!

Today is a new day and I will do better!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Just jump right back into clean eating after your party. I am attempting a clean w 30 again in July. June didn't go so well. Lol

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Great minds think alike. I just came in from weeding, edging, and mowing the yard. I also blew the porch, patio, garage, driveway and sidewalks. This was after I walked five miles and LHT. Now I need to take a shower and hit Safeway for a few things.

I would really like to see you go alcohol free for 30 days. I think it plays a role in your tummy troubles and leads to eating stuff that also contributes to the trouble.
    BTW, I was in Fred Meyer yesterday and thought, wouldn't it be odd if Tomi was here and we walked right by each other and didn't know it. I also had a lengthy conversation with 2 people there who were trying to plan a dinner party that was gluten free. They kept asking someone who worked there if this and that had gluten in it. The clerk had no clue so I opened my big mouth.

Yes --- going to start again tomorrow Whole30 - and fodmaps again for JULY!!!

Marcadav ........... what time were you at Fred Meyers........ cuz I WAS there!!! Let me think....... I was checking out at 1:20 according to my receipt.

Oh - and I've told hubby I'm not going to drink at all until after the class reunion on Aug. 3 --- I'm sure if I go whole30 and no alcohol I will lose some weight before the reunion. I know....... I'm a little vain.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    My receipt says I was checking out at 10:58.

well - I was driving to Bed Bath and Beyond at that time............ but we weren't too far off
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    HI Tomi! Just checking in. Have fun tonight!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for the upset you had. I'm glad you worked it out.

Thanks, Sabine. Last night we had another one. Hubby has been "encouraging" me to get involved in a couple different things - neither of which I feel particularly lead to pursue. This has been going on for about 5 years - and he's starting to get irritated at me because I'm not acting upon his suggestion. Last night we had a lengthy discussion about why he is so upset that I'm not moving forward with his plan for me life! UGH! I feel like I disappoint him at every turn.

marriage is hard.

That aside.............. we had a wonderful gathering last night!!! Including hubby and me we had 18 people! The food was EXCELLENT! I was very pleased at how it all turned out. We visited and ate and enjoyed a patio fire long into the night. I think the last people left at 11:30 pm. Then we started talking - and we ended to night on a sour note.

Let me explain a little............. when hubby and I first got married I had just got my degree in Psychology and was wanting to continue my education and go on to have career in Counseling. But hubby was LESS than supportive of my lifelong dream - he was really quite insensitive about it all and would tell others, always in front of me how stupid Psychology and "all that counseling crap" is. I ended up giving up the dream because I didn't have the support of the most important person in my life. I mean, how could I go into debt for $40K - and start a career that my husband thought was a waste of time? So I let it go. Over the years he has tried to encourage me to "fill in the void" with various things like, helping out a counselor who was needing a womans perspective with a client who was struggling with her past abortion. Something I have NO experience with and no training in how to help her. Then he wanted me to get involved with group at church that mediates conflicts. Then he wanted me to volunteer at the Free Medical Clinic. Now he's wanting me to lead a bible study group compiled of the wives of his mens group. None of these wives has asked for a womens group............ its the MEN trying to get us to form a womens group for the sake of one young wife who is seeking a group to join. I don't know why he is so focused on directing my life. I finally said - have I ASKED you to find me ways to fulfill my life? Have I ever said my life in empty and unfulfilled? Why is it your job to suggest things for me to do? and then why do you get ticked off when I don't follow through on your suggestions? I finally told him I felt like I'm disappointing him because I'm not doing more with my life - and then I'm disappointing him because I don't do what he suggests - I just feel like a complete failure! I let my dreams go because he wouldn't support me --- and now he wants to force me to find something to satisfy that dream --- some alternative. Last night he even said - if you want this I will support you - go back to school and be a counselor! SERIOUSLY!!! I'm 53 years old. I don't want to spend 2 years taking classes, 2 years working under a licensed counselor so I can get licensed........... and then face a $40,000 DEBT. I'd be 57 years old before I could even start to make a living and then I'd spend the next 10 years paying off the cost of the education! A LITTLE LATE FOR THAT!!!! I'm angry at him.

I'm angry at myself. I let his opinion of my chosen career so deeply influence me that I gave it all up. I gave it all up.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation