Page 251 of 462 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 4618

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 251

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the advice and care. I know he'll be kind of loving when he gets home tonight and he'll be sorry that his words hurt my feelings.

I tried to go back to sleep but I was freezing cold and just couldn't fall asleep so I got dressing and came back down to the living room where I started the pellet stove to warm my bones. When I have these tummy attacks I have a very hard time getting warm - maybe all the blood is pulled inward to try to heal the aching gut and spazing intestines. I took 2 anti-diarrhea pills and things have started to calm down. Its almost time to go get showered so I can go to work today.

I ate 3 eggs when I got up cuz my stomach was very hungry. Now I'm hungry again so I will have to find something to eat. I have some left over chicken to warm up.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

ate the chicken and now feeling a bit yucky again. Need to work today so need to be functional. maybe the pills I took earlier will keep the diarrhea at bay at least until I can do my work and come home. UGH.............. I did this to myself and I'm so pissed off about it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

made it through the day with only a few tummy aches and no need to run for the bathroom. I'm munching on some left over Halibut. I took out steaks for dinner - but I'd rather go out. Just I'm so tired I don't want to cook. I've had 4 nights of poor sleep and its really catching up with me. Tomorrow is my early day in the office so I need to sleep soundly tonight.

I found out I'll have some time off at the end of the month due to programming upgrades. I have the opportunity of taking the entire week off if I want to - but I think I will work at least one day just so things don't get too backed up. It would be nice not to have to work on my birthday this year.

We're having a patio/fire pit gathering this weekend. Inviting our employees and their families, and some friends, and some of my family. Should be fun and the weather is supposed to be wonderful! Hubby and I are going shopping tonight for the food. We're going to slow roast a pork butt or shoulder and make a couple organic whole chickens. I'm the only one primal so the food will all be standard picnic fare. And since my gut is so sensitive these days I will do my best to eat only what I know won't give me troubles. I'm making my beef/bacon/bean casserole and potato salad. Dessert is smores made over the fire pit and a primal dessert of some sort. We're really looking forward to it.

I guess I'm starting to feel better about the conversation I had with hubby. He realizes he needs to choose his words more carefully. I'm still feeling a bit hurt, but I need to shake it off.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post

Finally, if this tiff was related to your lifestyle(primal) and wanting your hubby to get on board I think you would be better served by dropping it. We can only change ourselves and we need to accept people as they are. The same is true for others accepting us.

If some of hubby's choices impact your goals in a negative way you first have to decide, for yourself, what you will and will not do. Then own your choices. Finally, hubby will learn to honor your boundaries when he sees you aren't going to be swayed.
    ^^ THIS ^^

Perfect and exactly what you need to do. I have the feeling this was about primal and wanting hubby to get on board. You said yourself that if you force it, he'll fight and resist with all he's got. I think you'll need to lay off and let him come to it when he's ready.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

things are back to normal between hubby and me.

gotta get ready for the gathering tomorrow night so I won't be on the computer much - hope everyone has a great day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

I'm kicking butt today! I worked this morning then hit the stores! I bought a new crock pot then went to 3 stores gathering up the supplies for the dinner tomorrow night. Plus got some more flowers for the pots on the patio. I bought a HUGE pork butt at Cash & Carry! Its in the dry rub and will be in the slow roasters tomorrows. Yes, 2 slow roasters! The brownies are about to come out of the oven, the beef/bacon/bean casserole is in the crock pot, the potato salad is ready to assemble ................ and Tomi's really tired!!!!

Tomorrow I will get up early and plant the flowers before it gets too warm - and hopefully get all the other outside stuff done before it gets too warm. I need to pick up dog poops, mow the grass, blow the patio and driveway, put out more chairs, and gather firewood. I also need to clean the house and do some laundry. UGH! Oh, and put all the drinks in the cooler, and cook the pork and roast the chicken. EEESH.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Hey Tomi, I was poking around for info on my own digestive issues and came across this book.
    IBS: Free at Last! Change Your Carbs, Change Your Life with the FODMAP Elimination Diet, 2nd Edition: Patsy Catsos: 9780982063521: Amazon.com: Books
    It addresses dealing with FODMAP sensitivity and IBS. One of the reviews mentions paleo too. Maybe it's useless, but it seems like something that might help you figure out how to handle the whole elimination thing. You could probably curve it to gluten-free and stuff too.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thank you! I have seen mention of that book on a couple of sites that talk about fodmaps. Maybe I should get it. I haven't been doing very good the past 4-5 days --- and my tummy is telling me about it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The sneak peak on Amazon looked fairly good. The sample meals looked pretty awful though! At least it gives you a list of foods that you can base your trials off of.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi Tomi:

I've been reading your journal for the past several days (have been around MDA for a while but have just committed to reading/posting everyday to keep me on track) and have loved seeing all the things you've tried. What an inspiration to keep plugging away until I can figure what is going on with me. I love that even when you get down you bounce right back again. I need to work on that as my "down" can last for several weeks

I really think that you are on to something with the fructose absorption idea. My thought though is WHY are you not absorbing? Have you considered doing a diet like GAPS to heal so you can eat those foods? You're really close to GAPS eating right now with what you are doing - all you'd need to do is add in some high nutrient meats (offal), add probiotic foods (live sauerkraut, kimchee) and some daily bone broth. We've had really good luck using this to heal my sons stomach (we all did the diet to support him - though I need it too) and ALL 4 of us saw increased health... until we fell off the wagon. We're back up and at it on Monday when the kids get home from camping.

Since I read so much of your blog in one sitting yesterday I noticed that you mentioned hubby's ex-wife got really thin before/during cheating on him. I wonder if you focusing on weight loss and diet subconsciously triggers fear for your relationship? I'm so glad that you guys are back to being ok. I hate fighting with my husband!

I'll be keeping up with your journal - I really want to see how your n=1 goes!
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html