Page 247 of 611 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 6105

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 247

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If you don't think you'll have fun, don't go, but don't make it about something as arbitrary as body fat.
    After 35 years there aren't a lot of people who I would want to talk to either. The ones who count I'm in touch with on facebook and see occasionally. There are a few out of town-ers who I would love to see though. But, this reunion isn't going to be the full blown edition - its an informal gathering at a small pub in the town I grew up in. And its a multi-class event so there will be people from the classes on both sides of us also. Which is also good cuz I have friends from those classes too. Its going to be very casual - come, drink a beer (or 10 for some), order some food, mingle. I will have to get some new clothes (maybe) and do myself up a little more than normal...... I've already had one friend request that hubby and I go with her and her hubby (moral support I think). The 40th will be a big deal - at a country club or something nice.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I didn't sleep so great.......... I was up until about 1:30 I think - then forced myself to go to bed and close my eyes and ignore all the little house noises. I'm such a wimp. Once I fell asleep I was okay - woke up 3 or 4 times - had some disturbing dreams.

So - what is on the plate for this day? I'm totally free to do what I want But there are certain things that I need to do. Bath the dog, vacuum and shampoo the carpets, mow the grass......... okay - that isn't ALL going to happen today. I also need to do Barre3, jump rope, and do some weights. I still have tomorrow to do some of this as well - in fact - the carpet cleaning would be good to wait until morning and then it will have the rest of the weekend to dry while we are at the lake.

I have lots to do..............not saying its all gonna happen.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I enjoyed the success story today. She's pretty cute and on her way to a healthy life if she sticks with the primal plan.

I have dreams of seeing my own story posted on Fridays page one day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Triceps work done - I don't do a lot - 30 lbs and I do 10-12 reps twice. Just enough to start feeling it in my arms and back. I did 10 jumps with the rope before I missed! I've discovered I have enough height in the room with the bowflex to jump because the ceiling is vaulted in that part! So, even on rainy days I'll be able to jump. Once I get a desk set up in there I will keep the laptop in there and also do the Barre3 in that room. I need to work on getting that office space organized. I just need to find a desk that is large enough. Maybe time to start grazing craigslist. It will be chilly back in there come winter, but that will be good for the workouts....... and maybe keep me off the computer so much! Having the laptop on the dining room table makes it far to easy to just sit here and be lazy!

Okay - time to do 30 minutes of Barre3.

Food today:

4 eggs for breakfast (so much tastier now that I've found a good source of free range eggs)
    Hamburger patty for dinner - yup, also grass fed Its a perfectly primal day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 Guest
    Dang, free range eggs and grass fed beef? Color me jealous.

You're welcome to come for dinner! Burgers on the Barbie at 7 pm. The eggs are wonderful - X Large and a nice hard shell so I know the chickens are getting good nutrients. the supplier charges only $4 for 18 eggs. We get 36 eggs every Monday.

The beef is pastured locally. We split a whole cow with friends every year. Its about a $700 investment once a year.

We also get salmon for free from our customers - the freezer is always stocked up with Salmon and sometimes Halibut, crab and clams. Now - if I could just find a shrimp supply I'd be set!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I kicked ass today!!!! I did 3 10 minute work outs -- worked the bod head to toe. I jumped rope and did 25 triceps pull downs. Now I'm gonna go mow the grass and get some sunshine.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Totally awesome on your workout today! Did you put a dollar in the pot yet?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Nope - but I'm going to do a little on line shopping! Or "screen shopping" - Maybe I'll put something in my wish list for later.

Man I feel good today! I did al that and I still have energy and feel great! Next time I go to the doctor I'm going to tell her to take "fibromyalgia" out of my problem list.

Hubby is coming home soon I haven't seen him since yesterday morning when we left for work........ I miss my guy. I got some diet coke so he can have some rum - but I feel so good I'm not going to ruin it with a drink or 2. I hope he doesn't try to persuade me to join him (I'm not very good at telling that man "no") I almost bought him some m&m's while I was at the store and decided I didn't want to spend $4 on crapfood.

I'm feeling in the mood to eat dinner out............ haven't done that since I started the zero carb/whole30. Speaking of --- I'm on day 25 of elimination/whole30. No, I haven't been 100% - probably closer to 95%. I guess that's pretty dang good considering I didn't get passed day 9 on the first one - and the second one I messed up from the git-go cuz I forgot dairy was no-no. Cheats: Rum/diet coke a few times. A handful m&ms. 6 Oreo's. 1/2 cup of ice cream. Peanut butter. The last 4 items were all on the same day so I count those as ONE BIG cheat. I think I had corn chips a couple times too. Overall - not so bad for almost 4 full weeks. Used to be I'd eat all that on a few days --- so that's definitely progress.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I caved when hubby asked me to join in on the Friday night "chill with rum". He hates drinking alone. But I mixed mine pretty weak I don't feel awful today. Not as great as yesterday - but I'm doing good.

We'll be going to the lake today and staying until evening tomorrow. It will be fun to see the GIANT MOON over the lake Need to remember the camera. My son is coming down to spend the day with us on the boat. That will be good for him to get out and be social a bit. He's gotta find a social outlet!!! He just works and goes home. Makes for a boring life.

I need to get myself moving - I have to do my workout, jump rope, and then get cleaned up and go get some stuff from the store. Also need to pack and get food ready.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation