Page 246 of 523 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 5222

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 246

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I bought adjustable ones the handle screws off and you can cut it and shorten it

What kind of competition? this could be fun.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Its 12:25 am. I can't sleep cuz hubby isn't home. I don't do well when hubby isn't home. I think we have critters under the house cuz I'm hearing strange noises. Oh joy............. I ask hubby to put something over the access holes to the crawl space. He must have forgotten.

Friday is my weigh in day............. and I'm fearing I will not see the number that will make me happy in the morning. But...... the scale is not controlling me anymore so it won't be so terrible. I ate well today....... or is it I ate good today? either way - I didn't eat anything awful. eggs and fish - that's all. Oh I forgot about the bite of brown sugar. Yes, I love brown sugar. Just a nibble. Its the ONLY sweet thing in the house. I was craving something sweet!!!

I did 30 minutes of Barre3 and jumped rope a little - a very little I also did some triceps pulls on the bowflex. I think I have 30 pounds on it. Maybe 20 - not sure. I don't really care as long as it toning and building some lean muscle. I do 10 very slow pull downs and resist on the way back up. My legs continue to get stronger. I can do a lot of squats now I'm happy with the progress I'm making - but I do wish the weight was coming off a little faster. I've been stuck at 180 again for several days. I had dropped as low as 178 for 3 days and then it climbed back up again. Stupid body! I'm feeling the pressure of the upcoming class reunion. I want to look good. Last reunion I was 216 pounds! Ugh! Since I've seen progress and the scales started moving again I am getting so very anxious too reach my goals! But - I can't control the scale - I can only control what I eat and how I move.

I really need to try to get some sleep. Sometimes when hubby is away for the night I can sleep just fine - but not tonight.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Re the soy sauce: make sure it doesn't contain wheat! Tamari soy sauce is usually only fermented soy, no wheat.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Friday is my weigh in day............. and I'm fearing I will not see the number that will make me happy in the morning. But...... the scale is not controlling me anymore so it won't be so terrible.
    I hate to point this out, but these are very contradictory statements! I don't weigh often, but I've decided to give up weighing altogether for the rest of the year. I'm going to ask not to be told my weight at the doctor's office for my annual and have Hulky help weigh the cat (too light to weigh on her own, so you have to weigh yourself alone & then holding the cat to get the difference).

I don't want to add a bunch of supplements into your life when you're taking them out, but L-Glutamine is good for diarrhea, healing gut lining, and controlling sweet cravings. You might want to do some research on it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Re the soy sauce: make sure it doesn't contain wheat! Tamari soy sauce is usually only fermented soy, no wheat.
    I'm betting as well that your soy sauce contained wheat and that was the problem.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I'm betting as well that your soy sauce contained wheat and that was the problem.
    Most likely.

I was reminded last night by a gal I went to high school with (hadn't seen her since we went to the same college in the early 2000's) that this year will be 15 years out of high school. Oy. Not sure if I'll want to go to the reunion or not. I'm 60 lbs heavier than I was when I graduated high school, and I didn't like most of the people then, so I'm not sure what incentive I would have to go back now...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My sister's 10 yr reunion is next year. I wonder if she'll go. She's even less social than I am (she and her fiancÚ stood in a corner at my birthday party, pretty much) and pretty different now than she was back then. I think Hulky and I will go when it's our turn. It'll be amusing for folks who didn't know about us getting married . We were definitely an unlikely pair in our teens. There aren't that many people I'd like to speak with, but food, drink, and dance is always nice.

I think women worry a lot more (generally speaking) about weight for these kinds of things than men. I imagine there are tons of men who gain weight and it really doesn't matter to them. You don't have to "show up" anybody there, just have a good time. If you don't think you'll have fun, don't go, but don't make it about something as arbitrary as body fat.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I agree with NW on this one.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    good tip - thanks, Candy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I hate to point this out, but these are very contradictory statements!
    I don't want to add a bunch of supplements into your life when you're taking them out, but L-Glutamine is good for diarrhea, healing gut lining, and controlling sweet cravings. You might want to do some research on it.
    Yes - I agree. Was just trying to say that I really wanted to be able to record a lower weight (because I love charts and graphs showing a downward progression for my weight) but it really isn't a big deal. Not like it will make me depressed for the day - just a tad disappointed that my bar graph has a stall. I'm the same as last week. I look at myself in the mirror before I get dressed and I can SEE that my body is changing. The scales just haven't caught up cuz I know I'm still building muscle and tone. I'm not terribly emotional attached to the number on the scale anymore - its only ONE measure that I now use.

So, not to worry - all is good I didn't GAIN weight - so all the better
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: