Page 245 of 548 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 5472

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 245

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    It sounds like you tested too many things at once. If you're going to try rice, try rice and meat. If you're going to try soy sauce, try soy sauce and meat. Even though green beans were okay before, I wouldn't mix veggies with other "trial" foods until you're certain of things.

Vitamin C in higher doses can have a laxative effect, yes, but don't abandon your food trials yet!
    Agree.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Rice is supposed to be on the safe list - but I suppose it could be unsafe for me. Same goes for green beans.

I guess I better back up to the basics again. I hate this. But its necessary.

Not abandoning the food tests, but I am going to cut the vitamin C for a bit. I have been reading about it this morning and although it says to start with 2000 mg if you have constipation issues - several sites also say that if you are extremely sensitive to it even 500 mg can have a laxative effect. I have been taking 1000 mg a day for many years! If its not the complete cause it couldn't definitely be a contributing factor. I started taking vitamin C during my sickest years - which coincides with the onset of the chronic diarrhea.

I'm going to cut it and continue on with the food experiments. Meat only............. adding in one thing at a time.

Thanks for keeping me walking in a straight line - instead of weaving around like a drunken sailor.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

okay - 3 eggs in olive oil for breakfast - and supplements:

Multi vitamin
    B Complex
    D
    Evening Primrose
    ChangeOLife
    Potassium

So far so good!

Snack after work - left over chicken
    Dinner - Halibut

Don't feel like adding in anything today - will try to have a pain/diarrhea free day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hubby has to go up to the lake to work on 3 boats. He's leaving in a few minutes, straight from the shop, and going to spend the night on our boat. I'd go, but he's going to be working until bedtime and then it'll be rush down the mountain to get to the shop early in the morning - so I opted to stay home. That means I'm by myself tonight I won't even see him before he leaves. And if he goes straight to the shop in the morning I won't see him until he gets home from work tomorrow night. Boo-Hoo................

I thought Honeybuns was having too much with the jump rope - so I bought one too! My first shot at it and I made 6 jumps before I missed. Serious sports bra will be needed for this kind of fun!

Work was good. 5 hours today. Since I was sick on Tuesday my total for the week is low and that won't make me happy when the paycheck comes. But, can't do anything about it now. I suppose I could work tomorrow if I really wanted to............ but, don't really want to. I'm gonna try to get some carpet cleaning done - and other misc housework.

I'm pan frying 2 nice Halibut fillets in olive oil. I picked our first zucchini from our garden - and I really want to try it - but I'd rather have a few days of no belly ache so I'm not going to cook it just yet. maybe over the weekend?

I saw an old friend from high school today. She stopped by the office doing a little PR for a Podiatrist that she's working for. Since we're a diabetic clinic we have lots of patients who need foot care. It was good to visit with her - and she looked fabulous which wasn't so great for my self-esteem today. She's as thin as she was in high school - and just as beautiful! But, she likes to dress it up way more than I do - I'm fine in my jeans and reeboks. She noticed I had lost weight from the last time we saw each other - 5 years ago at the 30th class reunion. I was HEAVY at that one. I've lost 38 pounds since then. So I guess its gonna show, but she's the first person to say anything about it.

Speaking of class reunions............. I have 6 weeks until my 35th class reunion. UGH........... How can I lose 40 pounds in 6 weeks? I guess I just have to keep doing what I'm doing - and let the pounds fall where they may. When I graduated high school I weighed 118 pounds. Granted I'm nearly 2 inches taller now - but still. Barre3 and jumping rope and eating right - that's all I can do.
    Last edited by tomi; 06-21-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Just remember, self confidence trumps thin at the high school reunion!

When I first started jumping rope, without boooby squishers, the first thing my hubby did when I came in was check for black eyes!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I'm a little light on the self-confidence.......... and a little heavy on the poundage. that being said - I've always "faked" self-confidence really well! It'll be fine - at my age - most women are carrying a little extra baggage.

I'm afraid to let my hubby see me jumping - cuz he'll beg me to do it nekid! I'm going to keep this my little secret for a while.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

He can only watch you do it nekkid if he'll hold the girls for you while you do it. No exceptions.

I was really surprised when I reconnected with high school friends how many of the really slender ones became heavy and a whole different person. In my mind they were what I remembered from high school. Doesn't help you, I know, but they wewre still the same personalities I remembered.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 06-20-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Yes I know what you're saying. I don't look poorly on other gals who have gained some weight, and I'm sure they don't look poorly on me. I'm just very hard on myself.

That being said......... since I'm home alone tonight I'm going to take advantage of it and do a few sessions of Barre3 - and then have a go at the jump rope again!
    Last edited by tomi; 06-21-2013 at 12:51 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Well I don't have quite the spring in my step as I had a child! But I'll keep at it.............. I think I have the jump rope a tad too long.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I had that problem, too, and just tied a knot on each side near the handle to shorten it.

Shall we have a friendly competition??