Page 244 of 461 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 4608

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 244

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm going by what my body is telling me instead of by some arbitrary number system.
    Love this.

Your sister makes me laugh.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Yes - feeling good about where I am with food right now. I don't weigh or measure any of it. I just eat what my body is telling me it needs. Sometimes I will feel a bit empty in the gut - or have a few growls - but if I don't also have an appetite then I don't pay much attention to it. I figure there has to be hunger and desire for food if my body is truly in need of fuel. Besides - I have plenty of fat stores for it to draw from.

I need to take out some chicken for dinner tonight and I think I'll do a fish tomorrow. We got some beautiful salmon fillets from a customer a couple weeks ago.

I haven't done Barre3 for 3 days because I've have had several low energy days........... most likely caused from Rum over the weekend. Still haven't tackled that monster. Need to find a different "chill out" maker. I think its mostly just mental habit at this point - its the weekend and I want to just relax. But ............... its BAD for my body! I want to be strong, energetic and healthy --- and that is definitely holding me back. I have cut back on the quantity. I've tackled so many other monsters - this one is next on my list.

Anyway --- I'm dressed and ready to do Barre3 this morning. I'll pick a fairly easy 10 minute workout.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I did a 30 minute total body workout! Had to take a breather during the tough leg work - but I did the entire 30 minutes. Now I need to go shower and go to work. I have some errands to run before I go to the office - bank and post office mainly. I need to stop at the store on the way home. Going to make a chicken/bacon/veggie thing for dinner tonight. I'm gonna cook it with the veggies, but probably will pick them out of mine. Maybe I can get the flavor without the frustose? Does fructose leech out into the other food? Hope not. I'm trying to cook stuff that hubby likes, but also won't make me sick the next day. Its tough!!! Maybe I'll try to find a primal chicken teriyaki instead. This would so much easier if I was only cooking for me. UGH!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I decided to make hubby a rice and chicken teriyaki (bottled sauce) for dinner. I'll make plain old ordinary chicken for me Now I find out he's gonna be late so I might go ahead and make my dinner now.

I have the weirdest taste in my mouth............... sorta sweet and metallic - its yucky. If this is ketosis, I haven't had it before. Maybe I should go pee on a stick and see what happens.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like ketosis -- the metal taste...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    ^ I agree!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    You might want to look into what Paleobird is eating. I don't think she gets bored with her food. "Plain old boring chicken" sounds like you are skimping yourself out on possible amazing meat-based meals. I realize there are things to avoid, but I bet you could still make some simple sauces or seasoning mixtures without any detrimental results.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Look at this website: Peace, Love, and Low Carb. She has some awesome meal ideas for the low carber. Some of the stuff includes FODMAPS and fructose veggies, but I think you'll be able to find some nice dishes in there that you can eat.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks, girls! I know I need to experiment a bit if I'm going to make this work for me. I'll check out some recipes over the next few days. I have tomorrow free cuz I don't have to take mom shopping until Monday (she has a doc appointment). I think I will go to the office early today and then I'll be free from noon today until noon on Monday Yeah for flexible schedules.

I tested the waters last night......... I made hubby teriyaki chicken w/rice. I had about 1/4 cup of rice, a chicken breast fried in olive oil and a can of green beans. I decided to put some soy sauce on the rice/chicken. BAD idea! Within an hour my stomach started hurting -- I had to make a run to the bathroom -- and I felt nauseous the entire night. Didn't sleep well at all. I don't think it was the green beans as I've had them before with no issues. They are also supposed to be one of the safest veggies on the fodmaps list. So, I will add soy sauce to my list of bad foods. That's going to make eating sushi a bit boring since I always make a mixture of soy sauce and wasabi for dipping. UGH........... my list of safe foods is looking very small.

I woke up feeling very hungry - which is very odd cuz normally I don't feel like eating anything until around 11:00. I'll make some eggs and see what the gut does with it. If I get sick I will have to put off work until this afternoon.

I'm sure tired of this!!! I don't even remember how long its been going on - I think close to 6 years now.

Last night I was thinking about everything I eat or take in the way of supplements. I've decided to stop taking vitamin C for a bit since I've read that it has a laxative effect for many people. Last night I took my supplements with dinner and was sick shortly after. Most mornings I take my supplements in the morning, and am usually sick in the mornings........ wouldn't it be crazy if all this time it was the supplements making me sick and not the food? So I'm skipping vitamin C for a couple weeks. This is all making my head spin!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    It sounds like you tested too many things at once. If you're going to try rice, try rice and meat. If you're going to try soy sauce, try soy sauce and meat. Even though green beans were okay before, I wouldn't mix veggies with other "trial" foods until you're certain of things.

Vitamin C in higher doses can have a laxative effect, yes, but don't abandon your food trials yet!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).