Page 243 of 542 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 5418

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 243

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Congratulations, Tomi! That's great. 38 lbs is amazing. I have found that I spend more time looking in the mirror too - and not criticizing everything I see. Great feeling to walk by a window and check out your reflection and actually LIKE what you see.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Yeah for happy hubbies!!!!

and Yeah for happy reflections!

FEELING GOOD......................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I just realized I'm at my 1/2 way point! Down 38 pounds - and 38 pounds to go! I have bounced between 135 and 140 on my goal weight since starting this journey. I decided 140 is a more realistic, and I believe sustainable goal so that's my target. If I am able to get to 135 and can easily maintain at that weight then that's even better!

I took out some hamburger for dinner. Will do a potato for hubby.

My sisters and I are talking about doing a sister weekend. We have a friend dying of cancer and we would all like to see him before he passes. The trip would be to central Oregon to the very small town of Fossil. I'm hoping my sister in Idaho is able to join us too. We haven't done a sister trip in a few years. Maybe mom would want to come this time too. All 5 of us together -- I think the last time that happened was ..................... hum........................ when I got married the first time? 1982 wow.

better go get ready for work............... blah! would rather stay home.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! Great work, and I'm glad you've found a way of eating that works for you! When I had my birthday a week ago, I went out for Chinese bbq, and I ordered roast pork and roast duck, and no veggies or sides! I was with my brother and my SIL and nobody pressured me into sides or a bday dessert. It was great. Here's to you hoping that you find a delicious variety of meats that nourish and support your body!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Thanks, Kalli!

On my way home from work I was thinking about the nutrients I'm not getting by not eating any fruits or veggies right now. But I do take a multi-vitamin plus a super B complex, C, D and Potassium. So far I don't think I have scurvy or anything Some of the "meat only" sites I've looked at say you should eat a wide variety of fish and animals - and eat organ meats too. I've never been able to eat organ meats. I think they're gross. I've heard beef heart is really good if you cook it just right. Maybe I will try that sometime. ???? maybe.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Beef heart is good if you cook it a long time, like in the slowcooker. But make sure to add some fat and/or bone broth while cooking, as it's very lean meat and could get dry.

I've started to eat liver lately, I never liked it (it's a texture problem, I kind of like the taste though). I've mixed it with ground pork and made meatloaf out of it and it was very good! Or cut up in small pieces, mix with beef/pork and stirfry.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

eeewww --- I can't do liver, the smell alone turns my stomach. I have a hard time thinking that an organ that is designed to filter bad stuff out of the blood can be healthy to eat. That's a head scratcher for sure.

The cyst on my tonsil is almost completely gone. There is still one small spot.

I failed miserably last night. We've had a small bit of ice cream in the freezer for probably 2 months ............. I ate it. Then I ate peanut butter. I'm sure my gut will pay for it today. Those are my 2 old "go to" foods when I just wanted to eat something mindlessly. The ice cream tasted wonderful and I enjoyed every bite of it - the peanut butter, no so much. I think I'm over peanut butter. I wish I could get over ice cream, damn it! The KEY is to not have it in the house. But, hubby uses the peanut butter in his curry so we always have it on hand. Honestly it didn't taste very good at all. That's a good thing. We're also out of diet coke........ can't drink rum straight - so if I can just keep hubby from buying diet coke then that won't be a temptation either. I wish I could get him to stop buying rum.

Today I'm getting back to being true to my whole30 and zero carbs. I've been slipping a little bit here and there over the past few days. Last night I ate 2 small wedges of red potato that had been fried in butter. The day before that I ate a few corn chips and a handful of m&ms. Its nothing HUGE - I haven't pigged out on anything - but the bites here and there will end up becoming full portions if I don't put a lid on it now. I'm sick of pork rinds and won't be buying any for a while. So I'm back to just eggs/meat/fish. Its boring, but doable, and is getting me to my goal of having a healthy gut, and being a healthy weight. I'm no longer looking at this as a 2 week trial, or a temporary thing. I'm planning to stay with this for the long haul. I've been reading some blogs by people who eat only protein and I don't see any ill effects in anyone else.

We're having some friends over Friday evening for a backyard gathering! I'm excited for that. But, I will need to gather up and made some munchies and beverages. I want to have some fun food - but try to keep it fairly healthy too.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck Tomi. I hope this protein diet you're experimenting with turns out to cure your gut so you can feel better. And I hope it's not a permanent thing. I mean, I know it's possible to live on meat only (inuit used to do it before modern technology allowed for things to be shipped to them) but I'm not sure it's ideal for the long haul - i.e. forever and ever and ever and ever.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Me too, Jenn! But for now I'm sure this is what I need. I'm hoping once the gut it truly healed I can start to eat other things again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Was chatting with my oldest sister on fb earlier today. This is my sister with fibromyalgia, diabetes, high blood pressure and weighs about 350 pounds. I told her what I was doing and she told me to be careful because these diets are known to make you waste muscle - especially heart muscle. I laughed out load! I'm eating PROTEIN! I'm not going to be losing muscle mass. In fact I'm building muscle mass. I thought is was funny coming from a person who obviously knows nothing about nutrition or exercise. I love her............. but seriously! I just told her I had done tons of research and I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

I haven't tracked my calories/macros for about a month now. Today I decided to do a little spot check. A typical days diet looks like this:

4 eggs fried in olive oil
    a snack of pork rinds or left over meat
    a sizable amount of meat or fish for dinner

I estimated that I'm eating around 900-1100 calories a day --- most days are probably closer to 900. But I'm full and satisfied - so I'm going by what my body is telling me instead of by some arbitrary number system.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation