Page 242 of 458 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4578

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 242

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Batteries? Not that I want you to weigh or anything...

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Strange thing.......... yesterday my scales worked fine. This morning they don't work. When I step on it to turn it on its flashes and Err, then says 11 pounds - with no weight on it. I stepped on and it says 191. Yesterday I was 180.6 - so I think my scales have gone bonkers. So now the question is........... do I buy another one or go without? I know y'all are going to say go without! But honestly.............. would YOU go without, or would you go buy a new one? Maybe I'll put it off and see how long I can go without?
    I would use getting new scales as an incentive. I would make a deal with myself. That deal would be:

If I could go 30 days without rum and sweets (thinking oreos here) then new scales would be the gift I'd buy myself for a job well done.

And when it comes to your tummy troubles, I can relate. It took months of clean eating for my diarrhea to stop being a daily thing. Now I can dabble in things but if I do a lot of consecutive dabbling then the diarrhea returns and takes a while to subside. Even with cleaning eating it will hit once in a while for no apparent reason, except that I don't have a gallbladder.

So, maybe your issue isn't a malabsorption one. Maybe your gut just needs enough time, without dabbling, to heal.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I think you're right. I'm back on only protein until my gut feels ready to try another veggie. I think I'm cured of the oreos after that headache and hangover.

Today I've been pretty good. A slight tummy ache after I ate some eggs at noon - that was breakfast.

As for the scales............ I'm going to try living without. Hubby says he'll just look at me nekid everyday and tell me if I have lost weight What a guy -- always there when I need him!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yay hubby!

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it would be too weird to ask for 2 burger patties at a party. We do family parties for the kids and just cook up a bunch burgers, hot dogs, etc and everyone takes what they want. My dad doesn't eat a bun and takes 2 burgers and no one thinks anything of it.

My work out yesterday consisted of moving, splitting and stacking about a cord of wood. We do have a huge wood splitter, but the wood doesn't climb on there by itself Hubby did 99% of the splitting - I did the moving and stacking. Some of the wood was pretty heavy - one round needed to be moved the big hand truck - it was probably 200 pounds. I also mowed the grass. It was a good day.

My scales are working again. Stupid things.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Trust me. Moving that firewood takes muscle. Been there, done that many, many times!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Yes - my muscles are getting stronger. I can do many things that were difficult or impossible 6 months ago.

The weekend was productive and fun Unfortunately - no boating. Next weekend we will pack up and spend all of Saturday and Sunday on the lake.

Last night hubby went out to dinner with the girls and my son and I got steaks and I bbq'd. Then we all gathered around the fire for the rest of the evening. All three kids left around 10 - then hubby and I had some rum/diet coke and enjoyed the fire alone. Then..... enjoyed the bedroom! HAUTE DAMN!

The scales healed themselves. Don't know how - but they are working again. 178 this morning. I'm pretty happy with that! Yesterday I wore a pair of capris that I bought a couple months ago - ordered them online - and when they came I couldn't wear them cuz the waist was too small. Now they fit perfectly! I wish I would have tried this protein only diet long ago! Whatever - I'm losing weight at a pretty steady rate now. In 20 days I've dropped 9 pounds. And I'm loving being out of the 180s! FINALLY! I'm thinking when I get to 170 I will be able to wear my size 12 jeans! YEAH!

When I lost weight before our big vacation to Florida and the cruise I got down to 165 and I was feeling pretty good. I wonder what its going to feel like to be 140 again? I'll be THIN! I haven't been thin for 12 years - and I'm sure looking forward to it. I think I will be looking at myself in the mirror a LOT for a while!!! Since going primal I have lost 38 pounds. I can see it in my face - and in the rest of me, but mostly in my face.

Tonsil cyst hurt a lot yesterday and looked like it was going to leak. This morning most of it is gone
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Yes - my muscles are getting stronger. I can do many things that were difficult or impossible 6 months ago.

The weekend was productive and fun Unfortunately - no boating. Next weekend we will pack up and spend all of Saturday and Sunday on the lake.

Last night hubby went out to dinner with the girls and my son and I got steaks and I bbq'd. Then we all gathered around the fire for the rest of the evening. All three kids left around 10 - then hubby and I had some rum/diet coke and enjoyed the fire alone. Then..... enjoyed the bedroom! HAUTE DAMN!

The scales healed themselves. Don't know how - but they are working again. 178 this morning. I'm pretty happy with that! Yesterday I wore a pair of capris that I bought a couple months ago - ordered them online - and when they came I couldn't wear them cuz the waist was too small. Now they fit perfectly! I wish I would have tried this protein only diet long ago! Whatever - I'm losing weight at a pretty steady rate now. In 20 days I've dropped 9 pounds. And I'm loving being out of the 180s! FINALLY! I'm thinking when I get to 170 I will be able to wear my size 12 jeans! YEAH!

When I lost weight before our big vacation to Florida and the cruise I got down to 165 and I was feeling pretty good. I wonder what its going to feel like to be 140 again? I'll be THIN! I haven't been thin for 12 years - and I'm sure looking forward to it. I think I will be looking at myself in the mirror a LOT for a while!!! Since going primal I have lost 38 pounds. I can see it in my face - and in the rest of me, but mostly in my face.

Tonsil cyst hurt a lot yesterday and looked like it was going to leak. This morning most of it is gone
    Sounds like the weekend went well ! Yeah !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    hubby and I had some rum/diet coke and enjoyed the fire alone. Then..... enjoyed the bedroom! HAUTE DAMN!
    Must have been something in the air! DH was happy this morning, too.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html