Page 241 of 518 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 5177

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 241

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Paula - you make me laugh.............. and I needed a good laugh today.

Its okay............. I'm not obsessing over the scale anymore. If I weigh okay - if I don't okay. The number is only a piece of the whole picture............. I really much more concerned with how I look. I've been spending a lot more time looking at my body in the mirror. I'm noticing great changes that aren't necessarily reflected on the scale - so the number is just a number.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    There are still low-FODMAP fruits & veg you can try. Maybe THAT MUCH starch, from any kind of potato, is not going to sit well with you.

What about squashes?
    Complete FODMAP List For a Happy Gut | Blog | Cassandra Forsythe Connecticut's Female Fitness and Nutrition Scientist
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I have the fodmaps list, but the one you linked is a little more comprehensive. I'm starting to add foods back in and will whittle away at it. This is going to be a long a difficult experiment - but must be done. I will need to give my gut a few days to heal again after eating something that has upset it. So - after today's issues I will wait another week to try some thing else. Besides - I really like knowing I can eat only protein and not have to worry about having gut issues! Makes life much easier!

Veggies have always been eaten in combination - like a whole bunch roasted together. So - I will have to start trying them individually to see what is going to be safe and what isn't. I'm starting my list.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

My gut hurts. How can an innocent little yam cause such a ruckus in my gut? Damn!

I put on my jammies and I'm down for the count........... I have the energy and will to try to get some housework done but that's about it. I ate some shredded beef for lunch and got sick again......... pain and, well.......... what goes in must come out. Although - it wasn't the beef passing through my gut in 15 minutes - but eating anything causes the peristalsis to do its job. I've read things that say we should poo every time we eat! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I think that comes from the manufactures of toilet paper.

I've been reading some websites devoted to IBS and/or fructose malabsorption. There are lots of opinions out there, but the most common theme is "you gotta find what works for you".

UGH...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    feel better
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Thanks, Kalli
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I hope you feel better soon Tomi and can get that list sorted sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Thanks, Jenn. Me too!!!!

On the upside........... staying on the protein only diet will keep me in ketosis and I should see some fat melt away. Another week of only meat/fish/eggs and olive oil. I have some pork shoulder in the oven - yummy! I think I'll make steak and shrimp for Saturday night. Sunday night I'm going to dinner with my son while hubby goes to dinner with his daughters. I think I'll order salmon with whatever side dish my son wants to take home with him. Or, bring home a baked potato for hubby to have for left overs. This is all doable!

After the sugar headache/hangover from the oreos I don't think I'll be wanting any sweets for a while. And last Sunday I was sick from 2 nights of having rum. Maybe my sick gut is what is going to help me get thin! If I can't have sweets, starches, alcohol or dairy............. I mean - I'll have to lose weight if I can't eat anything except but protein. And I'm certainly not going to complain about that

On the down side................ eating only protein except for experimenting is going to get very boring. Maybe when whole30 is done I will have a few more options. I mean, with lactaid pills I can bring back cheese and other dairy (butter). But those will be experiments as well. I have to keep this whole thing very controlled so I will end up knowing exactly what I can and cannot digest.

I am happy to finally be on the way to finding my answers though...... its been a long road, and long and painful road.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I ate great yesterday - made it through the cravings - but then had rum last night. I would have not had any at all - but hubby wanted some and I caved. Hoping my stomach doesn't fight back today. If it does then I will have undeniable confirmation that rum makes me sick. So - broke my whole30 again. But I am feeling slimmer this morning. My boobs are most definitely shrinking But so it my belly fat so YEAH! I'm seeing it in my forearms a LOT!

I took out steaks for tonight Steak and shrimp - yummy.

Strange thing.......... yesterday my scales worked fine. This morning they don't work. When I step on it to turn it on its flashes and Err, then says 11 pounds - with no weight on it. I stepped on and it says 191. Yesterday I was 180.6 - so I think my scales have gone bonkers. So now the question is........... do I buy another one or go without? I know y'all are going to say go without! But honestly.............. would YOU go without, or would you go buy a new one? Maybe I'll put it off and see how long I can go without?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Strange thing.......... yesterday my scales worked fine. This morning they don't work. When I step on it to turn it on its flashes and Err, then says 11 pounds - with no weight on it. I stepped on and it says 191. Yesterday I was 180.6 - so I think my scales have gone bonkers. So now the question is........... do I buy another one or go without? I know y'all are going to say go without! But honestly.............. would YOU go without, or would you go buy a new one? Maybe I'll put it off and see how long I can go without?
    Wow! We broke your scales long distance........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html