Page 240 of 548 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 5476

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 240

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Coconut oil is a non-perishable food. It will be fine, even if 3 years old.

I prepare sweet potatoes in one of three ways: peeled/cubed and fried in coconut oil, cut into wedges and tossed with coconut oil and a cajun spice mix (from The Food Lovers Kitchen), or as mashed potatoes mixed with coconut oil and cinnamon. Yum, yum, yum. The last method is pushing me to try butternut squash b/c when mashed, sweet potatoes look like squash.

Great job with the workouts.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm reading this at 7:30 am and you're all making me want to roast veggies for breakfast! Too bad I have to be at work at 8. I'm skipping breakfast - will make eggs when I get home.

Weight today 180.8 I'm staying firm between 180-181 so I'm sure that's my new solid weight. I'm still hoping to see 175 by the end of the month.

So far, no ill effects from adding a sweet potato with dinner last night. I sliced them and baked into oven fries. Tonight I will try the mashed with coconut oil.

I think hubby is getting frustrated with my experiments cuz it naturally changes what he's eating too. He hasn't said anything really - except to say "I think if you just eat everything in moderation you'll be fine".

I have the early "shift" today. The dietician is in this afternoon so I have to be there in the morning - blah. But then, it will get my day over sooner and I'll be home - can do Barre3 and bowflex - and then some housework. Its getting a bit dirty in here.

Have a good morning all! I'll be back at noon to catch up on journals.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

All caught up

Work was work............ same old thing. I don't do a lot - but what I do is very important to things running smoothly for the doctor and the PA. If I don't do my job properly and completely - they end up working late into the evening to make up for it. In that sense I feel I have accomplished something good. I also open and distribute mail, prepare the deposit and take it to the bank, and make sure things are in order for the biller to post payments. I also do other odds and ends as the need arises. Currently the doc is getting re-certified with the American Board of Internal Medicine (its a 10 year re-cert). I am helping him with the requirements of that undertaking! Its a year long process and then he has to take an 8 hour exam. UGH!

I have nothing exciting to talk about.............. but I feel the need to ramble - so please feel free to bug out if your bored reading this

Just found out my sister is back on their all meat/veggie diet! Very excited to hear that because her hubby is a diabetic and they both have a terrible diet! They went strictly paleo a couple years ago - he lost 30 pounds and normalized his blood sugars - she lost 20 pounds and was feeling really good. Then they slowly went back to their old way of eating. He's Hispanic - so rice, beans and tortillas took over as staples in the kitchen. They've both regained the weight, plus some for her. So I'm happy to hear that they are taking control again.

My BIL is still playing with the paleo-ifying all his favorite foods. I don't think he's lost any weight since deciding to change his diet - he's just swapped out wheat flour for gluten free flours, and sugar for honey. Not a good way to try to get thinner and healthier. He LOVES food - but he needs to find healthier things to love.

I'm on day 17 of my whole30 - and I'm having more cravings now than I did the first 2 weeks. Maybe it is all psychological cuz I'm starting to re-introduce carbs -- so my tight grip on my appetite is relaxing slightly. I find my mind thinking............ dark chocolate, cream cheese clouds, and ice cream. All of which are not allowed and all of which will give me a belly ache. But I'm not caving in. I do have some ice cream - but it makes me feel nauseous even with a lactaid pill so I don't want to eat any - and I don't want to eat dairy cuz it will break my whole30. I already did that a couple times - a rum/diet coke a couple times, and the oreos the other night. 17 days and only 3 very small slips........... I can live with that. Nobody said you have to do it 100% to be successful.

2 pm and still no tummy troubles from the yam I had for dinner last night. My guess is that I will have to stay with a predominantly protein diet. That's okay - but could prove to be difficult at times - like eating out or as a guest at someone's house. It would be awkward to go to a bbq and ask for 2 burger patties and no bun. I guess that's when I need to be prepared - eat before I go, or plan to eat when I get home. It ok to eat just a burger patty and leave the bun - but maybe not so okay to ask for 2 patties.

I slept pretty poorly last night. I woke up every hour all night long. The room was cold, then got hot, then I was cold again after opening the windows - then I had to pee 3 times! Good heavens! Then hubby was snoring loudly again! GRRRR! He says he's trying to lose weight - but he really isn't. He's lost 8 pounds over the past year - but hasn't lost anything in the last 4 months. Hubby likes his m&ms, oreos, chips and salsa - and everything else. He cut back on the sugar in the iced tea, and his coffee --- but still eats junk food if its within arms reach. I told him I think his best weight is 180 --- he's at 208 right now. At 180 he stops snoring like a buzz saw. He's only 5'7" so he can't carry a lot --- but he's also very muscular and large boned. I saw him at 165 after his divorce and he was sickly looking.

I'm gonna go get my sweats on and lay on the couch === maybe take a nap.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi. I share your husband weight issues pain, but mine is closer to 150# overweight. I wish he'd do something about it too but he doesn't seem to be worried about it, despite how much I worry. They'll come around at some point, right?

Mine is 6'1" and weighs (last he told me) 330#.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

That's a little scary huh? I mean health-wise - that's kinda pushing the diabetes - hypertension button. I'm sure you're trying to change some things in his diet. If you do all the grocery shopping you have a little push and pull on what food is available in the house. But - I know full well that the food in the house is not what is keeping my husband overweight......... its the food he eats for lunch and the snacks he eats EVERYWHERE. Hubby loves to snack - he loves to eat. If he didn't work so hard he would probably be 50-75 pounds heavier. He works 12-14 hours days year round - and summers are closer to 18 hours - and he never sits down. He's climbing in and out of boats all day long and up and down ladders - and running all the over the lot helping customers. He burns a lot of calories! He needs to change his eating habits before he retires or he's gonna get really big! Good thing I have 12 years to work on that!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Holy Moly!!!! CRAVINGS today! I'm looking forward to eating something besides meat. Now I understand why Marks blog said this wasn't a viable way to eat.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So - 180.6. Holding steady. Its a good place since I've been stuck in the mid 180's for 6 months - but I was really wanting to see a number under 180 today. Its okay though............. I've been doing more work on the bowflex with my arms and I'm sure I've gain muscle there. Plus, the barre3 is really building in my legs and core. I'm not upset at all, just a tad disappointed.

I've had yams for dinner two nights in a row and had a little tummy trouble this morning. Am I going to have to put yams and sweet potatoes on my unsafe list? On PROTEIN only - BMs aren't daily - about every 3rd day. But not troublesome (if you know what I mean). So I think I really have found my problem. I'm very excited about that!!!! Not so much excited that FOOD is the problem though. This will severely limit what I can eat for the rest of my life - that's kind of a bummer --- BUT - that's a thousands times better than not knowing and being sick for the rest of my life.

I'm going to have one more yam tonight and if I have issues again tomorrow then I will definitely blame it on the yam and put it on the no list. this makes me very sad cuz I sure love sweet potato/yams. Maybe its a nightshade thing? I haven't done much reading on that.

Its mom day and then lunch with mom and sister.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Sweet potatoes aren't nightshades, so it's probably not that, but that would make a good separate experiment.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

oh you're right --- I read wrong. So it must be just the fiber/fructose levels that made me sick. But - I can't eat tomatoes or peppers without getting a belly ache - so I'd say nightshades are on my NO list. I'm going back to meat only until my gut calms down again. One week of just meat and then try something else that is supposed to be on the safe list. Might be that my system can't handle ANY fodmaps and I will be stuck eating only protein for the rest of my life.

My "little" tummy troubles turned into explosive tummy troubles. I got 2 miles from home on my way to mom's and had to turn around and come home. Three visits to the bathroom and my stomach is still hurting. I called my sister and cancelled. She's gonna take mom some groceries. I wish she would just pick her up and take her shopping. Sheesh!

Its going to be a lay low day now. Damn-it! I'm so frickin' (that's my version of the F bomb, Canio!) sick of being sick!!!
    Last edited by tomi; 06-14-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Stop weighing you turkey!

Just because you gave in and weighed once, doesn't mean you need to continue it daily.

OK sermon over. Do whatever makes you happy.