Page 239 of 571 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 5708

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 239

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Its a non-profit facility! Not that I would ever charge rent for a child to live here......... but come on! 80% of what is in these bags and boxes is BOOKS. The closet is still full of clothes that she can't wear anymore (she's a chubby one) and the bed has been slept in only once in the past 22 months. I can't even get in there to vacuum the carpet.

She will be done with her master's in December - and then hopefully will be finding a real job and moving into her own place. At that time - the room will become a guest room - or something.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

My doctor replied to my email about FM testing. She said she wasn't familiar with a test for FM - so I sent her a link. She tests for lactulose and mannitol but not fructose. I explained to her my experiment and results. Hopefully she will look into this further and be able to help others with this problem.

I'm looking forward to some sweet potato with dinner. 14 days of only meat/eggs/fish is making Tomi and boring girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried coconut oil on your sweet potato? So yummy! I nuke it to "bake it" then wait til it cools a bit, scrape it out of the skin b/c I don't like the skin so much, then mix it up with some coconut oil and sprinkle with cinnamon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

That does sound good - but I don't have any edible coconut oil right now. What I have is a good 3 years old. I will use it to coat the sweet potato when I bake it whole in the oven, but then I don't eat the skin. Besides.......... I've read coconut is high on the fructose scale - and I'm scared to go there just yet. Maybe coconut oil is okay - will need to do some research on that one.

I had a leftover ground beef patty for breakfast at 9 am. Its now 5:30 pm and I haven't eaten a bite yet. I'm getting pretty hungry. I'm warming up some of the left over roast that I cooked yesterday. Hubby made a pretty big dent in it when he ate dinner last night - so I'm shredding the rest with the juices! yummy. I won't eat much because we're making Kokanee for dinner - along with a sweet potato - white potato for the hubs. I'll just eat a few bites of the roast cuz I need something in my tummy. .............. mmmmm yummers! I'm thinking this shredded beef would make some killer enchilada's ---- too bad I don't eat tortilla's anymore.

I'm nervous about eating a sweet potato.......... I don't want to be sick in the morning. I have to work early - 8-12 am.

I've decided to go ahead and weigh myself when ever I feel like it - I know the whole30 idea is to worry about eating healthy and not about about weight loss........ but seriously - that's coming from two very healthy, perfectly sized people. I have altered my thinking so my focus is much more grounded in eating healthy (I say this after eating 6 Oreos last night!) ........... but weight loss is still one of my goals too. Doctor says its a must if I want to see lower inflammation makers in my blood tests.

I'm hoping to sleep better tonight - last night was not good - and the two nights before that hubby has woke me up when he has to wake up ---- he's all....... well, you know how men are in the morning! We didn't "do" anything - but he woke me up enough that I was unable to fall asleep again. So, I was about 2 hours short of sleep 2 nights in the row - then the bad night from the SUGAR bombs! I'm sorta dragging to day.

Its a perfect spring day in Oregon......... Sunny, then cloudy and threatening to soak the earth with ominous looking black clouds! Then sunny again - then windy, then still. Oregon is totally psychotic in the spring. I wish it would rain so I don't have to water today.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Ok.............. coconut MILK is a FODMAP - coconut is not. So, I'll have to pick up some more I guess.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi, I've been following along for a while, nice to see things are heading in the right direction for you.

My favourite way to have sweet potato is to peel, slice into cubes/chunks, toss liberally with melted coconut oil, sprinkle with cinnamon and cayenne (or of course omit for nightshades), and roast at 400F for somewhere around 45 min, turning them midway through. They get nicely golden brown on the outsides, tender and tasty on the insides.

Greensprout - nice to see you in my camp! You're version of sweet potato is exactly like my favorite also - but I use olive oil instead of coconut oil. I actually prefer ALL my veggies cooked this way. Before the Fructose experiment I would cut up broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red onion, zucchini, green and red peppers and sweet potato or yams (white spuds for hubby). Spread it all out on a baking sheet and bake just like you said. Roasting brings out ALL the natural sugars and makes it all taste like veggie candy!

Alas......... with my current experiment I am having to go back to the very basics of veggie eating. One at a time! UGH. I miss my platter of roasted veggies.

I'll get it figured out.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

PHEW!!! Barre3 done! 30 minutes of tough leg work - I'll admit though, during the killer part I took a break and did some triceps work on the bowflex. The legs needed a break! Now I need a shower! But I'm proud of myself to doing it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    The coconut oil pairs exceptionally well with the sweet potato.

And an alltime fave is halved brussel sprouts tossed in bacon fat and roasted till the outsides are crispy and even slightly blackened. The ultimate veggie candy. And even better, is I'm the only one in my house who eats brussel sprouts! Hooray

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mmmmm, Brussels sprouts and bacon! One of my favorites!

I also love sweet potatoes with coconut oil. I cube them and fry them in the oil, along with Herbes aux Provence, cinnamon, a touch of cayenne and salt.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23