Page 238 of 462 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 4620

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 238

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Larabars are dates, nuts (cashews and almonds, usually), and dried fruit. Lots of carbs.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Tasha Probably don't want to go there until I decide what I'm doing with the whole carb thing. Its technically fructose - but carb works better.

I'm having a terrible "need to feed" but I'm not physically hungry. In fact, my tummy is quite full. I ate a burger at around 5 pm, and then 4 eggs at 8 pm. I'm pretty full. I think what I have is a need for taste. I want something yummy. Luckily I don't have anything yummy.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I put the roast in the oven at 8 AM. The house is smelling wonderful. Hubby always like things spiced up - but with the fodmaps thing I have to be really careful. I'm not supposed to be using garlic of any kind - and that's our go to spice! I put Old Bay and salt on it. Hope it comes out okay. I've seen them use Old Bay on beef in some of the cooking shows.

TMI warning: I had a normal BM today.

Yesterday I ate ground beef and eggs. Lots of water. Today will be eggs and roast. I should have fish one day this week also. Well I did have tuna on Sunday.

I have nothing to talk about today. Guess I'll go do Barre3 - then eat and get ready for work.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I sent my doctor an email to see what she thinks of the whole Fructose Malabsorption thing. She's pretty open to using food to heal the body - she's Paleo-ite and a Cross-Fitter.

I want to go a full 2 weeks with no "questionable" things in my diet to see what happens. I'll need my cheerleaders!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    You are doing great Tomi. I had a glass of wine at my parents tonight - they wanted me to try some they brought back from their trip. Hard to say no.......
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

oh boy - I've just gone through my kitchen looking for something fun to eat - that's not meat. I got nuttin' honey. I have oreo's and ice cream and m&m's - and I have some cereal bar things that hubby likes. But I'm not eating those things right now. I even thought about eating some peanut butter - but peanuts are legumes and a no-no in both camps right now. I'm not hungry - I just want something tasty. I'm also tired from not sleeping enough the passed 2 nights - and I think I'm looking for comfort food. I'm not gonna eat junk food. So I'll go watch tv I guess.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Bacon? It's crunchy. BTW I measured the wine - 2.5 ounces.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

well, my bacon is all frozen right now - and its cured with sugar. So hear is my confession with head hanging low in total remorse...........

I. ATE. OREOS. 6 of them.

Result: KILLER headache that felt like my eyeballs were going to fall out of their sockets! Nausea that lasted all night, and still a bit this morning. AND today I feel like I drank till I passed out........... I have a hang-over!!!! a SUGAR hang-over. I'm pushing water like crazy!! However - so far no tummy issues. My research tells me that sucrose (table sugar) is equal parts fructose and glucose. The theory is - glucose helps facilitate the fructose across the membrane of the stomach - so fructose to glucose ratio is an important factor. Table sugar is safe for those with Fructose Malabsorption - although still a "poison". Point being - I need to find foods that have a high level of glucose in comparison to fructose. THOSE are my safe foods.

I think I am cured of oreos. hopefully of sugar in general. I thought about having some canned fruit on hand for these types of crazy cravings.......... but peaches and pears are both on the unsafe list for FODMAPS. Safe fruits are not generally found canned or frozen. I'm not a fan of blueberries, and I doubt they come sugar free in the can. I will need to figure this out. Of course, the FODMAPS charts are only a guide - and do tend to vary from site to site. They all say you have to experiment to find out exactly what works for you. Another option is to keep glucose tablets on hand for when the high fructose food is going to be eaten.

I will also be ending my zero carb experiment. After last night I realize my body is saying --- enough of this only meat - I need some variety. Today I will eat a sweet potato with dinner. I will cut it into wedges and roast it so I don't need to add any butter. I'm going to do a single veggie at a time, and for 3 days in a row to assess the results. If after 3 days I have no tummy issues then that food goes on the safe list. I only intended to do this for 2 weeks, and my 2 weeks is over today. I thought since the weight was finally coming off that I might continue the experiment just for the weight loss factor - but not if its going to result in bad food choices.

One good thing from my sugar induced headache .............. I know my body is fully purged of sugar! or WAS, until last night. I'm starting to feel better now - the nausea is gone, the headache is almost gone and I'm feeling more clear headed. The sugar hang over is subsiding! A 16 oz. glass of water and a ground beef patty seemed to do the trick.

Please go easy on me for the whole30 infraction. Today is day 16 and I'm going to do my best to finish the race!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

forgot to mention - oldest step daughter stopped my last night to deposit some more stuff into her "storage facility" that is a bedroom in our home. I will be so very glad when she gets her own place and that room is emptied out. She will be 24 years old this year - time to start taking care of herself. She is currently still living at her moms - but what she doesn't want to store there ends up here.

messy room 002.jpg

See what I mean?

We had a pleasant visit - hubby was not home yet so it was just the 2 of us. As always she talked non-stop about her life and her stuff. When I try to share something about us she seems less than interested and changes the subject back to her life. Whatever - at least I don't get totally annoyed by it anymore. I guess I sorta feel sorry for her because she is missing out on so much by not engaging in others lives. And she loses a lot of friends due to her selfishness. Oh well - can do anything about it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I had no idea you were running a storage facility.

Good luck tomi. She will have to grow up eventually...I hope - for your sake and hers.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony